PDA

View Full Version : PS2 help

ricochet08
02-04-2006, 02:07 PM
my ps2 just won't play n e of my games n e more, nor music cd's and dvd's.

"Error al leer el disco" (error reading disc) it says over and over again :( (i have it set in spanish :p )

even with the brand new games, fresh out of the case. it only plays NCAA football 2003 without any problems.

i remember seeing a link on the old forums that showed how to break down the ps2 and clean it.

would n e 1 happen 2 have that link @ hand?

thx :)

aw yea...i used a cd/dvd laser lens cleaner. it has worked b 4, but now it's practically useless.

mv540
02-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Well, tdoes your ps2 make some wierd sound????...i had one, but one day just stop redin the games, and it makes some wierd sound.

It canīt be fixed...(well it can be fix, but they charge you like 400$, so instead of fixed it, I buy a new one:p

ohhh!!! the technicinas told me that it is some manufacture problem( si entendes espaņol, es q es una falla de la fábrica).

And only two games worked for me;)

SnOoZ
02-04-2006, 09:29 PM
Its real easy to take apart ur ps2. The porb is for u is that the laser eye thingy (not sure what the technical name is) is dirty and cant read it becuz of of dust or something like that. The screws are located under it where the little rubber squares are just pluck those out and then unscrew them all....and then u can open the case but it gonna be kinda acward because its attached to so wire on the on and off switch.....if u need more help just PM id be glad to help i might do it to mine and take some pics if u want. Just when u do it make sure u dont disconect any of the wires cuz i did that and then its really hard to reattach it... so ya just PM if u got any ?'s

Boomtown
02-04-2006, 10:25 PM
Before u follow thes guys directions and blow it up, you need to look at this http://www.eurasia.nu/wiki/index.php?pagename=Ps2LaserAdjustmentAndReplacemen tGuide:rolleyes: me and SGTCOFFEE fix ps2's as a side thing so ill help u out. that will save u some trouble.

marvin-martian
02-04-2006, 10:59 PM
i posted a walkthrough on OSKUSA, but you can take it apart and clean the lazer thingy with a q-tip. i did it probally 5 months ago and havnt had to re-do it yet.

ricochet08
02-04-2006, 11:16 PM
great, thx guys :)

ricochet08
02-05-2006, 12:28 AM
It canīt be fixed...(well it can be fix, but they charge you like 400$, so instead of fixed it, I buy a new one:p

i beg 2 differ :p

just finished cleanin the lens w/a q-tip...and it now it's as good as new :D

thx again guys :)

while ur reading this...wat does "via" , "td;lr" , and "ftw" stand for?

marvin-martian
02-05-2006, 06:34 AM
tldr=too long didnt read

ftw= for the win

DJ Katt RMX
02-05-2006, 10:37 AM
it's good you got it fixed, heh... i was going to tell you send it to me and i'll fix it, I've been chilling with the local Game Xchange and when the system techicians came and show them how to do everything and stuff, i got with one of them and now i now all systems inand outside. extra cash on the side, i fix broken systems for game xchange now!

ricochet08
02-05-2006, 12:00 PM
sounds nice :)

if i have n e more problems, i'll throw u a pm. one of my friends' ps2 is doin the same. even after he cleaned it. i'll give u more detail when i get more info

:)