PDA

View Full Version : oh i've missed it

calebh
08-04-2007, 10:48 PM
i dusted off the mag and went paintballing for the first time in like 5 months today. i still love it. i tried hard to finish the spimmy before the weekend, but i didn't quite make it. my mag still shot like a dream, but you can't just put it down for 5 months and be just as good. i learned fast what i lost. lol but i still love it. :D

NeedForSpeed
08-05-2007, 06:48 AM
someday, I'm going to build a mag. I just don't have the time an/or funds right now. I can't wait though.

calebh
08-05-2007, 07:51 AM
mags are sweet markers. it seems things change fast in paintball. last time i was out there, most ppl saw the mag and were like, man that's old school. this time, i had refs asking me what i was shooting. only one of the players who said anything knew what it was. i asked if there were any mags at one of the shops we went to and the guy behind the counter was like "what?" ya... with my mag and old school ACI jersey (is ACI even around anymore?) and paintball pants from back before they built huge pads into them, i must have looked like a walking artifact next to the guys with minis, egos, DMs, with their fancy C7 outfits

marvin-martian
08-05-2007, 11:31 AM
mags are sweet markers. it seems things change fast in paintball. last time i was out there, most ppl saw the mag and were like, man that's old school. this time, i had refs asking me what i was shooting. only one of the players who said anything knew what it was. i asked if there were any mags at one of the shops we went to and the guy behind the counter was like "what?" ya... with my mag and old school ACI jersey (is ACI even around anymore?) and paintball pants from back before they built huge pads into them, i must have looked like a walking artifact next to the guys with minis, egos, DMs, with their fancy C7 outfits
that sounds so depressing =[

calebh
08-05-2007, 11:50 AM
that sounds so depressing =[
not really. it was a classic example that nice gear doesn't equal nice skills. rich kids with daddy's money...

tater_salad
08-05-2007, 01:05 PM
this time, i had refs asking me what i was shooting.

Same thing happened to me when I brought my B2K out to the field this weekend and it's only like 7 years old.

Oscum Guy
08-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Same thing happened to me when I brought my B2K out to the field this weekend and it's only like 7 years old.
lol, i dont get those question with my spimmy. weird. alot of people actually knew what it was.

Theheroguy
08-05-2007, 06:40 PM
not really. it was a classic example that nice gear doesn't equal nice skills. rich kids with daddy's money...

If your dad said hey "want a free $1400 dm7" who would say no. Anyway glad your back to being addicted like the rest of us.

marvin-martian
08-05-2007, 07:10 PM
i was thinking along the lines of a classic paintball icon being forgotten.

Ace24
08-05-2007, 07:28 PM
I know what thats like... sadly. People don't know what "The One" is and I have to get all technical with them and they still have a "durrr" look on their faces when I finish. Then I have to tell them it's an older version of what a DP Fusion is. Like the origional version, only mine is so modified people think it's a Spimmy. (How in gods name does it look, or even seem like a Spimmy?) I also get the dumb newbs with their parents bought DM's and Ego's and '07 Shockers thinking it's a Spyder.

What I do like is how the old school people know exactly what it is and are amazed that I found one that has been modified by me and the previous owner and idolise me for putting so much time into a marker and not going out and buying a "cookie cutter"* gun.

We have a reff that is in his mid 20's that was talking about how long hes been playing and he reps the old school Dye gear. The origional jersey's and pants that don't have any padding, just reinforced knees. People sometimes laugh at him for his gear, I just look at it with amazement that he's still repping the old school and like seeing it.

More power to you and your Mag. I wish there were more people with Mag's at our field. (I've seen 3 in the year I've been working there)

*Gun that needs no modification and is like every other one of it's kind on the market. Not to diss any high ends, but it's what I mean by cookie cutter gun.

calebh
08-05-2007, 09:11 PM
i was thinking along the lines of a classic paintball icon being forgotten.
ahh. in that case, i agree wholeheartedly.

If your dad said hey "want a free $1400 dm7" who would say no.
i'd be lucky if my dad paid for the gas to go buy one. or if i handed him $1400 cash to order me one, he would expect me to pay shipping. rich kids who don't know what the M in their new DM7 stands for just tick me off. ("nice matrix." "dude, it's a DM7." "oh, right...")

Anyway glad your back to being addicted like the rest of us.
me too :D lol

bigred76
08-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Lol... you have that experience at every field. I refuse to go to one because of it. They have great ballers there (hell, Iron Kidz spawned from it), but their attitudes and knowledge is so... drowning. It almost makes me feel stupider to be amongst them.

Glad you're back into the sport! Hopefully you'll buy a new Timmy to suit your newfound buddies. No, it isn't an Intimidator, it's a Timmy. :dodgy:

newkid
08-06-2007, 05:34 AM
rich kids who don't know what the M in their new DM7 stands for just tick me off. ("nice matrix." "dude, it's a DM7." "oh, right"
hahaha,that shouldn't be funny

bamf-hacker
08-06-2007, 05:49 AM
Glad you are back playing again, and that you used a Mag ;) I love my Mag, and if it is raining out you can beat the water proofness :)

Oscum Guy
08-06-2007, 07:23 AM
i'd be lucky if my dad paid for the gas to go buy one. or if i handed him $1400 cash to order me one, he would expect me to pay shipping. rich kids who don't know what the M in their new DM7 stands for just tick me off. ("nice matrix." "dude, it's a DM7." "oh, right...")
i hate it even more when they call it a dm, "hey like my dm", "yeah nice matrix.

thechubbss12
08-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Ahh... How can you not know what a Mag is.... =(... Sad days Ladies...