PDA

View Full Version : Barrel breaks n' double shooting?

DjShaman
08-04-2007, 06:10 PM
What's up everyone...I went out 2 play yesterday and I was breaking balls in the barrel and ocassionally 2 balls would shoot out of the marker at the same time with 1 trigger pull. It was the first time I played with my new barrel (j&j ceramic) which seemed 2 clean out nicely. It was also the first time I used the FASTA hopper and it worked awesome! Since I had 2 purchase their paint I opted for Evil paint which is supposed 2 be premium. I usually use Toxic or Elixer which I love. Could my problems have come from the paint I used or the new barrel??? Any advice is appreciated

chnk
08-04-2007, 06:18 PM
it might be just the double feeding, mr2s have a problem with this, but it can be easily fixed by buying some bob long detents, i bought mine for a dollar, and i haven't double fed yet

glad to hear the fasta worked out good cause my eggy didnt work to good today, so i sat and cleaned out my gun half the time

wylde01
08-04-2007, 06:32 PM
good detents will do wonders in this gun. if you have not done so yet you should also break in your acs bolt.

DjShaman
08-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Hey thanks 4 tha help...I have read many of the threads 4 weeks now and have learned a lot. I do have the stock black detents which i've read might be fine. I've heard "timmy's" are good, and now your recommending Bob long detents. Outta the box about 6months ago I had the normal chops and breaks people go thru. I thought I was passed that stage....so yeah the bolt is def broken in. Im gonna go back 2 my old paint and research the bob detents. Any other thoughts are welcome

DjShaman
08-04-2007, 07:58 PM
so are the "timmy's" and the bob long detents the same??

wylde01
08-05-2007, 05:46 AM
yes bob long is the dudes name i think and timmy's or intimidators is the marker he makes. when we say bob long or timmy detents they are the same

DjShaman
08-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Good deal, lemme go order some right now!

D-rail
08-07-2007, 06:21 AM
Yeah - That should take care of your prob bro'. I just played this last weekend and had a blast..... until I sheared the timmy detent and was slinging like 4-5-or 6 Pb's with ONE trigger pull!!! I knew what was wrong though. I am using a Halo B Hopper (with V35 Board) and haven't really had any problems with chopping anymore.

On a second note.... How do you like your new J&J barrel? I have been eyeballing that brand but I just don't know if it is necessary.... I only like to upgrade parts on my gun if I can get a performance increase ya know - otherwise it "useless". I have been thinking about the 14" J&J barrel and an Alamo City bolt to try and increase accuracy... I would also have to add some HPA in there as well. I guess I'm just not "sold" on it yet!

DjShaman
08-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Well, I ordered some Bob Long detents and they should arrive within the next few days. That should do the trick.

Im with you, I only really like 2 get performance parts, not so much 4 the asthetics. I have 2 say that I went with the j&j 14" cuz of other threads that I read. Everyone was absolutely right!!! It kicks ass!! Since I was breaking balls cuz of my stock detents, I hope...I got 2 see the barrel in action. I would shoot about 5 rounds and the barrel would clean itself out nicely. Def an improvement over the stock barrel as far as accuracy. It's a tiny bit thinner than the stock barrel which works good with the paint that I use. I believe you have 2 look 4 paint that works best with the barrel in my opinion. I hated Evil, but really like elixer and toxic. I think elixer is the best paint i've used so far with the J&J. I also like using a 20 oz Co2 becuase it last so long!! The weight is an issue though. Go with the 14" J&J ceramic barrel. I found it new on ebay shipped 2 my doorstep for $35.

I have 2 tell everyone again how great the FASTA hopper works with the MR2. Shipped new 2 my doorstep $85 on ebay. save yourself the cash from getting a Halo. 230 rounds is awesome capacity, especially while using auto mode.

I would like 2 hear comments about the Alamo City bolt as well??

wylde01
08-07-2007, 02:28 PM
another positive on the jj ceramic is that it is much quieter than the stock barrel. (at least mine is, i dont know about other people though)

chnk
08-07-2007, 04:02 PM
the alamo city bolt is great but if you have a slow hopper like the eggy then it will chop like crazy, but since you have the fasta it shouldnt be a problem

as fo upgrades go, i did a low pressure conversion on my mr2

here is what i did on my mr2,

i have a
custom products short regulator under my foregrip
spring kit,
magnaport valve
acp low blow bolt,
acp derlin striker (DONT GET THE ONE WITH NO O-RINGS ITS ****, get the one with o-rings)
j&j 14 inch barrel
bob long detents
and eggy II(im planning on getting the fasta now)
45/3000 psi steelie hpa tank and a 68/4500 psi carbonfiber tank

with all this its running somewhere between 250 psi and 350 psi i cant really tell cause the regulator has no guage

i plan on getting a tboard with eyes and mill the mr2 body myself for eyes and i was considering on mounting an apex attachment to my j&j, and after that im done =)

i dont use a sling or remote so my set up is really heavy

DjShaman
08-07-2007, 04:31 PM
You've def put some work in2 your MR2, sounds pretty sweet. So are you saying the bolt improves accuracy though? What are all the benfits of the bolt and derlin striker? peace

chnk
08-07-2007, 05:12 PM
You've def put some work in2 your MR2, sounds pretty sweet. So are you saying the bolt improves accuracy though? What are all the benfits of the bolt and derlin striker? peace

the acp low blow bolt im using does not really improve accuracy it gave me about an extra 5 yards, but in those extra 5 yards the paint actually goes to the right a little bit,
all the low blow bolt does is redirect the air going into the bolt more to the ball unstead of going up the feedneck making less blow black thus the name low blow

as for the derlin striker, its just lighter which result in faster cycling and uses less air to move, but get the one with o-rings i bought the oen without o-rings and it gave me nothing but problems, chopping, jamming, recocking, etc

i would not reccomend the derlin striker unless you're going low pressure, cause using the derlin bolt in a high pressure set up will only give you problems (it did for me but it might not for you)

overall the derlin bolt and striker combination will benefit you if you go low pressure because it will allow you to go to lower pressures than the stock bolt and striker

DjShaman
08-07-2007, 08:54 PM
ok i see whats up now, thanks for shedding light on the matter. I think i'll stay with the stock bolt set up for now.

chnk
08-07-2007, 08:57 PM
ok i see whats up now, thanks for shedding light on the matter. I think i'll stay with the stock bolt set up for now.

the acs is a fine bolt i just grew tired of it so i got the acp bolt