PDA

View Full Version : Spimmy my Rocker 06'

HeadShot
08-04-2007, 07:09 PM
I was just doing a little skimming through the forums here and came across the Spimmy thread.

I was wondering scince the electra 06' that I have, has eye hole's already drilled in. its a top cocker..meh. would it be a good frame to make a spimmy with. I'd only have to drill one hole, and get a truck load of parts. But I'd like to keep as many of the parts that I have on it right now.

I'll just put down my list of what I have on my marker.

marker: Spyder Electa 06' w/ eyes
Bolt: alamo city lowblow delrin (would have to change to timmy)
Striker: alamo city delrin (would have to change to timmy)
Valve: Turbo (would have to change, but would rocket work?)
Springset: Maddman (probably won't need it)
frontblock: Trinity reverse (would it work?)
reg: C.P. (0-500)
asa: trinity on/off w/ degas
trigger frame: rocking 2.0 (would like to keep)
macro line
stock grip
stock feedneck
C.P. Razor drop forward

pb34
08-04-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm not an expert on Spimmies but I do know a couple of things. You would not be able to keep the Trinity Front Block, the Rocking trigger frame, and you wouldn't need the spring kit. I also know that you wouldn't need the striker and I believe it gets replaced by a ram?

vikingshadow
08-04-2007, 11:01 PM
Only part you would need that you can keep from the Spyder is the body, the barrel and the feedneck. Everything else you can get rid of. (May be able to use the bolt, but more than like not.)

Read the link in my sig for a COMPLETE Spimmy build!

HeadShot
08-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Viking,I can't see any pictures!! damn public computer!

it sounds like I'd probably be better off just keeping my electra the way it is. I've already put a lot into it.

Maybe a pilot?? I can get one from a pawn shop , an 05' I think. for like $40. I know it has a top cocking slot , errr wait a minit..

I have a brass eagle. It's a spare . its the afterburner.. I think that would be pretty neat. to make a spimmy with..to think some ion guy get blasted with a souped up Eagy. Oh and the frame is realy light . its basicaly two tubes welded together, and I could use a pipecuter on the feedneck. and put an ego one on it. oh man..this is sounding great!

vikingshadow
08-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Not sure what to do for you for the pictures. Sorry!

On the electra, it's totally up to you. As I said many times, once you cut something out, you can't put it back (although bigred did suggest a good fix that I added to my tutorial.)

You're going to have to change the frame no matter what body you use. Spyder frames are pretty small inside, and I can't think of a mech frame that's big enough to hold the board, the solenoid, all the wiring, the hoses, the battery and the wiring. The rocker frame won't work because the board only has one switch on it and is designed to run the solenoid that operates the ram which moves the bolt to propel the ball forward. I've heard the ESP frame can be modified, but it's really going to take some work to do so.

Oscum and a few others have made a spimmy from a Pilot body - I think it's top cocking. That'd be a good body for you to use. But the Brass Eagle one should work as well. Basically any body will work so long as the ramsleeve and front block will fit. You can always mill a longer top cocking slot, and drill and tap screw holes for the frame.

Looks like the Ego feedneck thing is going to take off! I should have it tomorrow so I can finish it and you guys can see a finished product...

HeadShot
08-05-2007, 08:36 PM
yeah, I can't wait to see it!