PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with ASA

Nuwwave
08-04-2007, 10:23 AM
What ASA will screw directly on the bottom of a Pilot Frame. Do I need and adapter. I am looking to run stainless with 1/8" thread to the reg.

vikingshadow
08-04-2007, 10:56 AM
A unimount will mount directly to the frame. Most other asa's utilize a rail or a drop forward to attach to the frame.

pb34
08-04-2007, 04:03 PM
The majority of Direct Mounting ASA's out there will not fit onto a Spyder frame without an adapter. The adapter is only a couple of bucks though. I have tried both the CP Direct Mount on/off and the Trinity Eazy on/off and the CP beats the Trinity by far. The knob is much easier to use and I feel like it vents the gas more quietly too.

Nuwwave
08-07-2007, 07:14 PM
I was thinking about drilling and tapping the bottom of the frame. If I drill 2 inline holes, I can mount a Dovetail mount or unimount right on the frame without and adapter plate.

I don't want 2 inches of adapters and several connection on the bottom of the gun.

The frame looks like it has enough metal left to drill 2 inline holes in the center between the stock holes???

weitjosh
08-09-2007, 06:55 PM
if your wantin to keep the asa below the grip id def use the adapter, its only a quater of an inch or so thick. if u plan on using a drop forward, cp makes one that will fit the stock holes on the spyder and fit to a unimount or spyder mount asa. also, psyco ballistics has drop forward/asa combos that fitthe spyder as well. they come in like 2 or 3 sizes, i got the large bc i liek the gun really close to me.