PDA

View Full Version : Modding my Victor

starjammir
08-04-2007, 05:47 AM
Hey guys,
Iv been surfing this forum for a little now and I got the mod bug. I just started to mod my Victor and want to do some more. So far I did the port and polishing, spring kit, and a J&J barrel. What else should I do to this gun? I checked out the FAQ's and they are a lot of help, but I wanted to get some opinions from you guys. Im not into the competition thing, just playing in the backyard with some buddies.
Thanks,
Bill

oldironmudder
08-04-2007, 06:15 AM
Well a good regulator or HPA will help a good bit. Also other internal mods like drilling the VA out & valve work.

I know this is the wrong place for this sentence but I maybe selling my reg & looking for another.

starjammir
08-04-2007, 11:09 AM
What does the regulator do for the gun?

Hossy
08-04-2007, 11:25 AM
regulates the air that goes into the gun

starjammir
08-04-2007, 11:34 AM
So whats the difference between having one and not having one? Doesnt the gun regulate itsself?

oldironmudder
08-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Look at Co2 in your tank, its is liquid but your marker needs to run on gas to work right. Also the Co2 will change presure with the temp outside & the rate you shoot. The regulator will help control that pressure. Say your marker shoots 300fps @ 600psi & the tank is sitting around 850psi. You would end up shooting hot at 850psi. The regulator has a spring in it to limit the output pressure. So you would have to adjust your main spring tension down to get it back to 300fps.

Long story short it stabalizes (spelling) the pressure so your marker shoots consintly.

smokinonbud
01-01-2008, 12:36 AM
i got a victor 4 but its all stock right now i can afford any aftermarket stuff so thats y otherwise first thing im buying is a new barrel trigger the trigger pull way to far and hopper part so i can fit ne hopper instead of having that extenstion then a hpa tank one of those 88or bigger ci/4500psi tanks and remote line with the on/off asa valve

newkid
01-01-2008, 08:28 AM
you'll probly want
new:
barrel
feedneck
electronic hopper
regulator
E-frame
asa

twistid26
02-10-2008, 10:58 AM
you'll probly want
new:
barrel
feedneck
electronic hopper
regulator
E-frame
asa

This will definitely get you there, as I know from experience. But your best bet may be to keep the gun the way it is, perhaps get a decent inexpensive barrel like the J&J, and then invest in a fast hopper and HPA tank that you can use when you get your next gun. As far as the rest, it would give you an opportunity to customize the gun more, but trust me that by the time you are experienced enough you will just want a new, better-shooting gun. A barrel for now, and a new gun for later is something I can't stress enough to new players. I don't think you will be dissapointed, and you will have saved more money in the end. :cool:

91gmc
05-07-2008, 08:24 AM
you'll probly want
new:
barrel
feedneck
electronic hopper
regulator
E-frame
asa

that sounds good you should get the trinity assault block with a good reg. buy a delrin bolt also. If you get an asa get one with a on/off