PDA

View Full Version : lp coversion

Nuwwave
08-04-2007, 04:17 AM
I am in process of converting to lp. I'm puttin in a Taso valve, 32 degrees high flow VA (drillin ana tapping for a Bob Long 0-600psi guage), Evil Detonator, and Macro Line to a new ASA (don't know which one yet).

Do you guys have any suggestions that can help me out.

ASAs???

Do you think I should get a new bolt??? Maybe an Alamo City??

Striker???

Anything else??? Suggestions, Tips, etc...

oldironmudder
08-04-2007, 06:18 AM
Do a search & read what folks write about them.

Nuwwave
08-04-2007, 07:43 AM
So... I guess what your telling me is,.. you don't really know anything and it was a complete waste of time for you to post something here!!!!!!

Thanks, appreciate it.

If anyone else out there could help me out, I have read the forums (and paintballforums, and pb review, and ottercustoms, and everythig else) and wanted a little info on my particular setup.

If anyone does have some useful information. Not to sould like a ****, I just really hate when people just want to stupid and post absoulty nothing useful.

I would really appreciate any info you guys could give me. Really I would be greatful for the help.

Thanks.

SupaSnipa
08-04-2007, 07:54 AM
CP asa is a good one. Alamo City makes some great bolts you should get an ACP delrin bolt with an ACP delrin striker

08-04-2007, 08:11 AM
polish your internals and remove the venturi,
you should be set with that

Nuwwave
08-04-2007, 08:20 AM
ASA - I'm not sure how the mounting works or what I need (rail vs. uni, etc). I want something that I can bolt directly on the bottom of the grip. Probably with on/off.

I will probably use Macro (1/8" pipe threads) but I'm not ruling out stainless braid.

Bolt - I have the stock Derlin bolt, so no polishig there. Would polishing the striker help?

I took a look at the Alamo city bolts. What exactly is the advantage of this bolt on LP?

Thanks for help guys.

08-04-2007, 08:35 AM
get the acp bolt with orings
the acs bolt is not lp friendly
I forgot that the pilot came with that since I replaced mine the day I got it
get the ACP del flo bolt with 2 o rings
polishing the striker will reduce friction and help reduce you operating pressure
I would stick to the SS hose since it's amazingly resilient

Nuwwave
08-04-2007, 08:58 AM
what kind of results are you getting with your setup?

weitjosh
08-09-2007, 05:47 PM
i would not use an evil detonator. i origianlly used one on my lp conversion and it worked beautiful for a while, but as soon as you start playing with the velocity on it, something tends to go hay-wire wit them. at first i thought it was me, but a friend of mine has an evil omen and they come stock with a detonator, when he started playing with his velocity, thats when his messed up. id def save the money and buy a cp reg. you can get one with a gaugeport so u dont have to worry bout ruining your v/a by drilling for one. btw i use the acs bolt on my lp rig and works great. im gettin 280ish fps at about 250 psi. and its as accurate as ever. relly good on gas as well. i get prolly twice as many shots as b4 out of my tank.

08-09-2007, 06:20 PM
what kind of results are you getting with your setup?

well I use to be able to re-cock at high rates of fire with 200~250 psi but I had cut my striker in about half but it was giving me problems with my springs not staying in place too well
so I have an unpolished stock striker so my pressure is a about 100psi higher
I plan on reducing the weight of my new striker but I'm going to be more careful about how I do it
I want to get back down to or around my old operating pressure

Sandman_Bravo
08-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Bandit Bolt!
Bandit Bolt!
Get the LP version with o-rings. I have never had a breech chop, just barrel breaks, and I've never lost my cocking pin. I can't say enough good things about the Bandit bolt. Some people have had problems with the Alamo low blow bolt so stay away from that one.
My Pilot:
Pilot ACS
J&J S2 ceramic Barrel
Blackpoint-JCS folding stock
Empire Re-loader
Crossfire 68/4500 N2 tank
Sundragon locking feedneck
CP rail
32* spring kit
Dark Horizon titanium hammer
Bandit Bolts delrin LP bolt w/o-rings
Bandit Bolts hi-flo valve
NDZ valve pin
Alamo Paintball hi-flo valve cup seal
Empire regulator
Check-it 15* Assault Block vertical adapter
Kila magnetic ball detents
Sundragon Paintball 50 gram spli-switch
Sundragon Paintball magno-trigger
Dye sticky grips

MVS1
08-10-2007, 04:07 PM
concur with Bravo...bandit bolts 2 oring bolt and high flow valve are awesome and reasonably priced.
asa wise you can go two routes, get an asa adapter or drop that converts the spyder offset mounting screws to inline/rail mount or drill and tap your trigger frame for inline screw mount. as for which asa to go with, there are tons out nowadays, i prefer the dangerous power RAPS however most like the screw on/off style, no matter what you go with get one that has a purge function.
detonators are ok regs, but keep in mind there only $24 new so your not going to get high end performance out of a reg that cheap. mine has been very good, fast recharge rate, and extremely consistant over the chrono, but honestly i expected much less and have been pleasantly surprised. i will most likely pick up a cp shorty ultimately now that cp has made a reg adapter for my angel one.
polishing the striker makes a noticable difference and is a good way to go, however no matter how much you polish it will still way the same. if you want to reduce wieght/kick and as well as maximize your lp intentions and you have the $$, either pick up the D/H titanium or A/C delrin striker. both are ~1/2 the weight of the stock striker and boost fps by ~25fps (which means you will be dropping your operating pressure quite a bit to stay in the 280 fps range).
once you get all the components then it will be time to start tuning. you will need a spring kit, 32 degrees makes a good kit as well as a few others. tune the marker to what mode you plan on using, ie. if you stick with semi-auto and tune your marker for that mode, however if you go to burst or auto your marker will most likely jack-hammer, so you have to decide what your setting it up for. i honestly have never had the need for any mode other than semi, you get the pressures right, your trigger adjusted properly and you wont need anything other than semi. tuning is an art that experience teaches.
one last thing, eventually pick up an aftermarket board, imo the scenario dreams ver C t-board is the best on the market (reasonably priced, outstanding customer service, every mode you may need or want and of course de-bounce/rof/etc...settings that give you the ability to fine tune your marker even more).
hope this helps.

Nuwwave
08-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Guys, I want to say thank you for all the great advice. I really appreciate it. I've been on plenty of other forums that just rip you for not being a self proclaimed "expert". But not here. Everyone looks out for everyone else and really helps out.

Update: I got everything installed and did some inital firing. With stock springs, it is shooting about 280fps at about 350psi. pretty good, but I am not claiming a victory yet.

I still need to break in the reg, and do some real testing on a field chrono. My pocket unit isn't too reliable. I am picking up a spring kit and going to tune at the field where I can get free refills to also test my efficiency.

I am hoping for around 300 psi and 1000-1200 shots out of a 68ci.

MVS1
08-12-2007, 05:11 PM
350psi on compressed air isnt too bad, i`ve had to run upwards of 425psi using the stock striker to get rock solid performance (ramping unlimited or full-auto unlimited, but seriously when do you ever get to use those on the field), co2 was more like 250psi. if your filling your 68 to 4500psi you should expect 1800 or more shots per fill, even slightly more if your using an oringed bolt.

Nuwwave
08-15-2007, 05:37 PM
From your guys expereince, how low can I drop the pressure before I really start to see a signifigant drop off in efficency?

Nuwwave
08-15-2007, 05:40 PM
And Sandman, about the Bandit Bolts, are your running them with or without eyes? I am a little worried about chopping without an ACS bolt.

Should I wait until I get a new board with eyes or just go for the bolt now?

Sandman_Bravo
08-16-2007, 02:43 AM
no eyes.