PDA

View Full Version : Teh Ramen in Teh Office

TheRedBarron
08-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Ok so I have been in my office for nearly 20 hours at this point, I am starting to go a little crazy. Not to mention hungry and I am so tired of the places that deliver here that I decided to go back to my college days and make some Ramen. Too bad I dont have anything to cook them on and my microwave kicked the bucket a few weeks ago and I decided that it wasnt in my best interest to buy a new one since I never use it... :dodgy:

So, I decided to get creative, I am the only person here, so I cleaned the coffee pot, put the noodles in the filter, let all 25 cups of scalding hot water pour over it, and viola meal in a matter of minutes. Alas all I have here for a camera is a phone so you are limeted to a picture of the noodles sitting on my desk. Sorry.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/xxximyourfatexxx/hehe.jpg
Heh, so I couldnt resist adding my clone to the mix
Chicken Ramen, with powder cayenne pepper (found it laying around in the office building, dont ask why... better yet go ahead I will tell the story.)

Ok, well that was fun, I am bringing back the Ramen discussion thread only this time keep pictures limeted to finished product and keep them relativly small as I did not post this in the picture section for a reason.

Have fun.

marvin-martian
08-03-2007, 03:08 PM
haha, very creative. glad to see it worked, making you nat starve.

vikingshadow
08-03-2007, 03:17 PM
I use to do that (on a smaller scale) in college. There was a dorm rule against microwaves - though some snuck them in... I had one of those small coffepot looking things to cook soup in - put it in a pot, let it get hot and instant meal when you don't have a weekend meal pass!

Ramen sounds good right now...I wonder if my wife will let us have it for supper???

Here's a hint for a GOOD Ramen meal: Cook the Ramen in Beef or Chicken broth. Let it sit for a while to soak it up. (Beef broth for beef noodles, Chicken broth for chicken, shrimp, whatever other kind there is. When I was in school, there was only Beef, Chicken and Shrimp flavors, so that's all the experiementing I did.)

Add in some cooked hamburger and a small can of tomato sauce and shredded cheese. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM good!

TheRedBarron
08-03-2007, 03:23 PM
The ramen was good, I am ready for round 2, however my clone just noticed that his suit jacket is an off white and clashes horribly with his suit pants so he is horribly embarrassed and is not ready for round 2, oh well more for me.

When I was in school, there was only Beef, Chicken and Shrimp flavors, so that's all the experiementing I did.)

Wow.. you are old ;)

Critical
08-03-2007, 04:18 PM
My monitor must be off. It looks to me like your clone has on a white jacket and pinkish pants. Kind of a Don Johnson/Miami Vice theme.

marvin-martian
08-03-2007, 04:26 PM
My monitor must be off. It looks to me like your clone has on a white jacket and pinkish pants. Kind of a Don Johnson/Miami Vice theme.
your monitors broken

bigred76
08-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Lol Matt... You are a creative person.... Taste like coffee?

Now, I have to be the dumbass to ask... but why is there powdered cayenne pepper at your office building?

DRAGON
08-03-2007, 07:08 PM
................Chicken Ramen, with powder cayenne pepper..........

That sounds very familiar. Yummy hawt stuff! -

newkid
08-03-2007, 07:23 PM
haha thats awsome, good idea

Ace24
08-03-2007, 11:11 PM
I know alot of people that use the coffee pot idea. It's a college students best friend haha.

your monitors broken
No, I see it too. His pants are a slightly different color then the shirt and it's almost a pinkish probably due to him being a tad to far over when adjusting the color on the red palate.

marvin-martian
08-03-2007, 11:14 PM
i see white pants and a light blue coat

Ace24
08-03-2007, 11:21 PM
... and you say his monitor is broken? 0.o

The coat is also an off white. Compare it to the shirt... that is a true white. The coat is almost a slight shade of grey as where the pants are a tad on the pinkish side.

tater_salad
08-03-2007, 11:22 PM
i see white pants and a light blue coat
:yeahthat:

Nenkitsune
08-03-2007, 11:37 PM
I see pants with a slight pink tinge, a pure white shirt, and a bluish grey jacket. My monitors adjusted using Adobe Gamma so it's damn near perfect hahaha

Ace24
08-03-2007, 11:38 PM
I see pants with a slight pink tinge, a pure white shirt, and a bluish grey jacket. My monitors adjusted using Adobe Gamma so it's damn near perfect hahaha
Same and that's what I see.

marvin-martian
08-03-2007, 11:43 PM
so...about this ramen...

vikingshadow
08-03-2007, 11:48 PM
Mmmmmmmm, Ramen! Had to have McD's tonight, though. Maybe tomorrow!

Exactly what I see...under all that hair!

Nenkitsune
08-03-2007, 11:49 PM
Mmmmmmmm, Ramen! Had to have McD's tonight, though. Maybe tomorrow!

Exactly what I see...under all that hair!

I'm barely looking out of one eye right know with my hair hahaha.

Ace24
08-04-2007, 12:26 AM
... I'm always looking out of 1 1/2 eyes... well half vision in left due to hair infront of it.. I can see through it, but not as good as no hair infront like on my right.

Anywho. That got way off topic.

Nenkitsune
08-04-2007, 12:35 AM
... I'm always looking out of 1 1/2 eyes... well half vision in left due to hair infront of it.. I can see through it, but not as good as no hair infront like on my right.

Anywho. That got way off topic.
same here about the hair. I try to keep it out of my eye during work while I make coffee, but when I look down I have to hold it back and I end up holding it back like a girl does hahaha. I've had girls come in and say they really like my hair, so it stays ^^

back to Teh Ramen in Teh Office.

Does that chicken with the stuff on top taste anything like the cajun chicken top ramen? (which I ate for dinner today)

newkid
08-04-2007, 05:58 AM
*sigh* still didnt hear the story about the pepper

Oscum Guy
08-04-2007, 08:49 AM
i always make my ramen w/ soy sauce, butter, garlic salt and pepper, w/ the occasional cayenne.

mmm.... picante beef by top ramen is like the best!!

TheRedBarron
08-04-2007, 05:22 PM
Heh, the shirt is a slight bluish gray, the pants are a shade towards pink, if I wasn't so lazy I would fix it but I am lazy and I already fixed the briefcase shades and shoes. The undershirt is pure white so you can compare from that, not to mention that screen on the left is color accurate so you can really tell with that.

The pepper was due to a very very cruel April fools prank that took place in December in which the pepper replaced cinnamon for some cinnamon cookies (they look identical with a tinted bottle, and, it is pretty much hard to tell in the lighting that we have in the office anyway), it was funny because it actually worked and all of us thought that they would catch on. Alas at the Christmas party the cookies really were a hit, jokes on us I guess red pepper is really good in cookies, you should try it.

Yes it taste similiar to the Cajun Chicken Ramen, but it has a harder kick depending on how much pepper was added.