PDA

View Full Version : My Secret to Why I'm Not Posting As Much Lately

Paradox313
08-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Well as some of you know, I've been kinda weak on the posting. Well the reason to that is my parents are getting a divorce.

It's been about 6 months since my dad told me (Valentines Day, horray for the irony:( ). I've taken it pretty well. I mean I knew it was going to happen, cause for a few weeks before that he was really quiet and coming home late after work.

I think what's going to happen is I'm going to move back to California, and open a paintball field with my mom :nododgy:. I don't want to live with my dad mainly cause we're probably not going to have a cattle ranch anymore, so what's the point?

I figured it was just the time to share that.
Believe me when I say this, yes it's a sad thing to go through, but I feel no pain. So please don't say "I'm sorry for you" or something along the lines.

shunut
08-02-2007, 03:21 PM
That sucks. I won't say I'm sorry for you but I'm sorry that you have to go through that. Hope everything works out for you, let us know if you need anything.

Paradox313
08-02-2007, 03:26 PM
Really I'm ok, I don't really need anything.
I think my mom's taking it harder than me.

I just felt like sharing it cause well, Dragon shares his dilemma with artificially flavored/colored food.

Drefish99
08-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Never easy to go through these things. Just know that in the end it will work out for the best and your parents will hopefully do everything they can to keep you safe and have a good life.

MR2 Woodsballer
08-02-2007, 03:40 PM
I just felt like sharing it cause well, Dragon shares his dilemma with artificially flavored/colored food.

^^^^^^LOL....Yea it's begining to be expected now adays. My parents divorced when I was like 7 haven't heard from my dad sence (deadbeat). But it's all good. Sometimes parents loose the spark and the romance that they had years ago. Sorry to hear what your going through, hopefully it wont be a messy divorce like my parents had (3 1/2 years of court battles). So where in California do you think you will be moving to?

Hossy
08-02-2007, 05:52 PM
Sorry about that bud..
Why are you opening a paintball field?

vwjimmy
08-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Hang in dude....it gets better. I was 13 and I had no idea it was comming....
Most people think I am OK!!! LOL

Paradox313
08-02-2007, 05:59 PM
So where in California do you think you will be moving to?

I'm moving back to my old town, place called Winters. 'Bout 15 minutes from Vacaville.

I loved it 'cause there was a field 10 minutes from my house. Back then I wasn't the Tourney-wanna-be player I am now, but I still had a blast.

Sorry about that bud..
Why are you opening a paintball field?

Why not? Mainly cause it's one of the things I've always wanted to do. Paintball has pretty much consumed my life, I love the game.
I asked my mom if she would open a field with me, and she's for it 100%.

Hossy
08-02-2007, 06:21 PM
Why not? Mainly cause it's one of the things I've always wanted to do. Paintball has pretty much consumed my life, I love the game.
I asked my mom if she would open a field with me, and she's for it 100%.

i feel bad for you, but i wish for it to all work out for you

DRAGON
08-02-2007, 07:33 PM
...............I just felt like sharing it cause well, Dragon shares his dilemma with artificially flavored/colored food.

Well let me say it sounds as though you're taking this much better than I am my dilemma. I'll let you know I haven't slept a wink in 2 days - ;)

bigred76
08-02-2007, 09:45 PM
Wow, it's saddening to hear that. I hope that your mom can get through this alright!

Maybe when you get your field opened, I'll take a trip up to Sacramento and stop by to ball it up. ;)

leed
08-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Well, I know what it's like to be a rejector of sympathy.. So..

I have to ask, you said "Since we won't have a cattle ranch anymore.. Why bother?" rather, asked, I guess. Anyhow, I'm curious as to why you say this. I don't mean to pry, but I presume you don't appreciate your father as much as you do your mother?

I also don't mean to pass judgment, but given the provided information, do you think it's a mature move to move to California just to start a paintball field?

But hey! You got to talk to Dave Youngblood, right? LOL.

Paradox313
08-02-2007, 11:16 PM
What's the point in living in Idaho, on a cattle ranch (in a town of 90 people) when that's like the only type of work besides Burger king(40 miles), and that's being sold, so why bother staying here.
My dad hasn't even told me that he's already marrying. I found out from a friend in school. I love my dad, don't get me wrong, but he's a jackass.

I'm not moving back just for opening a field. Yes it's a plus, but not the only reason. I can't live in Idaho, I'm not a cowboy or anything close. Occasionally I listen to some Johnny Cash, but that's it. I'm a city boy and always will be.

Plus most of my family lives there. My grandma(Mom's side, Awesome grandmother, funnier than hell) in a town 10 miles away from Winters with my 2 brothers living there. My grandpa in Oregon (I see him a few times a year).
I only have my dad, his parents(the typical must clean everything grandmother, and the racist-war-story-tellin' grandfather), along with some aunt's divorced husbands neice lives somewhere around here. Oh and along with a dead relative that I don't even know my relationship with.

Yes I did talk to Dave Youngblood. Apart from all the holidays, school, and no police within an hour, that's the best part of my experience in Idaho.

leed
08-02-2007, 11:39 PM
Ah, I see. Well, that clears things up for me a bit :)

Hope things go smoothly, I know moving can be a pain in the arse at times.