PDA

View Full Version : So... I have an addiction.

Ace24
08-02-2007, 09:40 AM
I’ve officially figured out that I have an addiction to buying paintball stuff. I have been trying to save up for a Wii for months… but every time I get close… I find a paintball item that just has to be bought. I mean, Wii’s are going to be around for a long time… and this paintball item with the AMAZING!!! OMIGAWDPZWNRZ deal wont. So I buy the paintball item, and then realize I just bought something I can’t use for a while… and how badly I still want that Wii (every frickin time I go to my friends I get reminded of how badly I want it).

I need paintball upgrade buyers anonymous… (PUBA heh)

marvin-martian
08-02-2007, 09:41 AM
tell your parents. seriously. make them make you stop somehow.

Ace24
08-02-2007, 09:43 AM
But! BUT!...

What if I see a 2k2 frame and it's really cheap and... and... I want to put it on my T-1... and... I buy it... and lkdjfkldsfljsdlkfjskl. :twitch:

marvin-martian
08-02-2007, 09:47 AM
but! BUT! dont buy it.

Paradox313
08-02-2007, 09:55 AM
OR!
Buy something you don't need with the AMAZING!!! OMIGAWDPZWNRZ deal, and sell it.

Seriously, that's how I got my Ego6 for $350, and maybe adding some gear.
I'm trying for an SL66 now:rolleyes:.

But really, find some random crap you don't need for a cheap deal, and sell it for a bit more. Eventually you will buy your WII, and maybe that 2k2 frame you wanted.

Ace24
08-02-2007, 09:56 AM
I've done that before... but sometimes I get stuck with the item lol.

spyderpilotacs05
08-02-2007, 10:07 AM
But! BUT!...

What if I see a 2k2 frame and it's really cheap and... and... I want to put it on my T-1... and... I buy it... and lkdjfkldsfljsdlkfjskl. :twitch:

thats funny lolol

i have a wii its pretty sweeet. I wanted anxbox 360 for x-mas but mom got me a wii:p

Paradox313
08-02-2007, 10:12 AM
Then just buy stuff you don't want like DYE products.

leed
08-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Just buy a Wii. Wii is pretty freakin ridiculous.

I don't see why you're complaining! You have an asian girlfriend, and you got a car for free! What more could you ask for?! Haha

Ace24
08-02-2007, 12:27 PM
I don't have the car yet... lmao. It's still talk...

I just don't have any money. I spend it all. Haha.

Another problem I have is that the money burns a hole in my pocket. Like when I actually had the $270 (total cost with NYS taxes) to get it, they were all sold out, EVERYWHERE, and I saw the Alias front block and was like... "oooh that would look nice on my T-1... I wonder if it works better then the stock setup" and aparently it did... So I spent $80 on that and the Hybrid LPR. Then I saw a black and silver Autococker QEV and was thought, "Holy cow! My color scheme for my gun!!! Wow that would look alot better then this brass ION Clippard QEV..." so I bought that. Then I realised I still had to get my body annoed... and I sent it in for $45. ($20 for the anno, $10 for the buffing I needed done to get rid of some pretty bad scratches and to even the mill out a little, and $15 for next day return shipping)

So on top of that and the daily spending I do.. (food, movies, friends, gf, exct.) I have a grand total of $18.

...I am going to spend like $7 of that on a Dibella's foot long southwest cheese steak sub with banana peppers today... :frothatmouth: bah.

OH! And on top of that, someone saw this thread and offered me a 2k2 frame >.< haha.

HelpDeskHustler
08-02-2007, 12:37 PM
the wii is lame and a waste of money. video games are far worse of an addiction than paintball.

Ace24
08-02-2007, 12:44 PM
the wii is lame and a waste of money. video games are far worse of an addiction than paintball.
The Xbox 360 is lame and a waste of money. Only two games I'd ever get for it. One, Halo 3. The other, Gears of War.

The Wii on the other hand has games I'm more interested in. Super Smash Bro's Brawl (coming soon), Excite Truck, The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles (coming soon as a rail shooter...) and lots more games that are coming and have come out that I don't feel like listing. Different people like different things. To each his own and I don't care for your opinion of what system is a waste of money or not.

HelpDeskHustler
08-02-2007, 01:04 PM
it is a waste of money. i wish I didn't play video games, but they keep feeding my addiction... plus i cant sell the thing for decent money.

excite truck is the worst game i have ever played

period.

don't succumb to videogames, do something worth while.

vikingshadow
08-02-2007, 01:54 PM
Open up a savings account and put all but 10% of your check in there. Then, refuse to touch the savings account. Period. Give the booklet to your parents to hold. I did this when I was your age, and I'm making my daughters do it as well. Currently, my daughter has more in her savings than I do, lol!

This way, you get spending money (the 10%) and then you still have your savings. You'd be surprised how fast and how much it will grow over a couple months...

Chris Cole
08-02-2007, 02:06 PM
Open up a savings account and put all but 10% of your check in there. Then, refuse to touch the savings account. Period. Give the booklet to your parents to hold. I did this when I was your age, and I'm making my daughters do it as well. Currently, my daughter has more in her savings than I do, lol!

This way, you get spending money (the 10%) and then you still have your savings. You'd be surprised how fast and how much it will grow over a couple months...

OF course back when vike did it, gas only cost a nickel. :D

vikingshadow
08-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Gas? We don't need no stinkin' gas! We pedaled our cars 4 miles UP HILL just to get the rocks from between our toes, then 4 miles UP HILL to get back home again...

Ace24
08-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Gas? We don't need no stinkin' gas! We pedaled our cars 4 miles UP HILL just to get the rocks from between our toes, then 4 miles UP HILL to get back home again...
Like the Flintstones?

Hah.

Problem is, I get payed under the table as a NVP reff and as a photographers assistant. So I get cash directly in my hand. >.<

I'm applying for a job at Wegmanns as well though... (quitting my NVP [N'Vasion Paintball] job next summer when the weddings pick up again) which isn't under the table.

Live2Play
08-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Like the Flintstones?

Hah.

Problem is, I get payed under the table as a NVP reff and as a photographers assistant. So I get cash directly in my hand. >.<

I'm applying for a job at Wegmanns as well though... (quitting my NVP [N'Vasion Paintball] job next summer when the weddings pick up again) which isn't under the table.

Getting a job there would probably be your best choice. Not only do you get known for working at a reputable company, but you can sign yourself up for direct deposit. Basically, it will put your check directly into your savings account each week. This way, it will minimize your chances of spending it...ever heard the old saying, "Out of sight, out of mind?":p

Paintballadict18
08-03-2007, 06:53 PM
The Xbox 360 is lame and a waste of money. Only two games I'd ever get for it. One, Halo 3. The other, Gears of War.

!!!!! thats why i spent all my money before my brother wants to get one so he has to by it and i dont have to help and what about GRAW2 and live? i love it my cuz has it i got addicted the first night i played

marvin-martian
08-03-2007, 07:13 PM
ps3 will win the war

timmyshoota
08-03-2007, 07:15 PM
My addiction is worse...

...coke. :dodgy:

Paintballadict18
08-03-2007, 07:16 PM
ps3 will win the war

bleh

Ace24
08-03-2007, 10:08 PM
ps3 will win the war
It's getting there...

I don't know if your meaning to be sarcastic or not, but with the price drops, and upcoming games... it looks more and more promising. That new Need For Speed finally looks realistic... and boy do I mean realistic...

marvin-martian
08-03-2007, 10:28 PM
It's getting there...

I don't know if your meaning to be sarcastic or not, but with the price drops, and upcoming games... it looks more and more promising. That new Need For Speed finally looks realistic... and boy do I mean realistic...
not sarcastic at all. ask claus. i predicted it coming out on top since the beginning.

metal gear 4
GT5
RE5 (multi platform, i know)
lair
socom
GoW 3
heavenly sword
etc etc etc

Ace24
08-03-2007, 10:33 PM
The SOCOM franchise has always been huge.. but I'm scared. I looked at the next one... and it's by the people who made the Syphon Filter games... Not Zipper Interactive like the rest of the series...

Could be good, could be bad. I liked Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain (String? something) I just hope they don't change it too much.

RE5... *drool*
GoW 3 *happypants*

I'm just waiting for the 60Gig to drop to $400 and I'll buy it haha. I don't feel like spending $500, even though it's an AMAZING deal with the hardware that is in it... hell blu ray players cost $1k.

durrell
08-04-2007, 06:44 AM
What you guys are forgetting is Halo 3. Halo 3 + Xbox 360 = Instant Success, just like H2+Xbox. Throw in Xbox Live = pwnt.

The Xbox 360 was built around Halo 3. The Xbox department at MS is not even profitable right now, but just wait for Halo 3...

marvin-martian
08-04-2007, 09:57 AM
halo 3 is the one unrivaled super popular game xbox will have on ps3

Ace24
08-04-2007, 10:04 AM
halo 3 is the one unrivaled super popular game xbox will have on ps3
One being the key word.

Xbox has Halo, PS3 has SOCOM. (Keep in mind that the SOCOM franchise is what started the mic's on the PS2. They built the standard for online play on the PS2 and continue to hold a pretty strong standing considering there are still 40,000+ people logged on each day (not at once, but in general) on SOCOM: CA.

...and guess what? It's free online play.

UKwithPride
08-04-2007, 10:16 AM
My addiction is worse...

...coke. :dodgy:
I'll help, just give it here. :dodgy:

All this console talk....I stick to PC gaming.

marvin-martian
08-04-2007, 01:38 PM
i cant believe i forgot about killzone 2...

LostCause
08-04-2007, 01:52 PM
I still play my ps2 just for Socom (own all of them cept the co-op one), aand i own a Xbox 360 (which im mad at...the dumb thing got he red lights of death CURSE YOU MICROSOFT!!! MAKE ME WAIT 2 MONTHS TO GET MY NEW ONE!!!) though should (hopefully) be around the time HAlo 3 comes out :D

bigred76
08-04-2007, 02:00 PM
PC Gaming ftw...

You think you have problems Ace???? Damn... I must be beyond help if YOU have problems! I haven't even been to the field in near 7 months, yet I've dropped nearly $1200 into guns within the last couple weeks. :( It's all the small ones that get ya!

LostCause
08-04-2007, 06:22 PM
i laso heavily pc game to....started out with pc's going to stick to them the most :D

marvin-martian
08-04-2007, 06:26 PM
the thing i dont like about pc gaming is that you have to upgrade it like every year to keep up with the top games, while a consol can last like 10 years with the same hardware.

Ace24
08-04-2007, 06:55 PM
i cant believe i forgot about killzone 2...
The first one should have been posponed for the release of the PS3... The PS2 wasn't powerful enough to run it. Online play was so laggy and people ran like their legs were not attatched. Most incredible graphics I've ever seen in a FPS for that generation though.

the thing i dont like about pc gaming is that you have to upgrade it like every year to keep up with the top games, while a consol can last like 10 years with the same hardware.

And for alot cheaper then a good top of the line PC.

UKwithPride
08-04-2007, 08:04 PM
A PC you can game, surf the internet, call people, talk to people voice to voice + MUCH more. A reason WHY it costs more but has more to do than a console...

Kenny_McCormic
08-04-2007, 08:50 PM
I too have a paintball addiction. Whenever i have $50 i instantly go out and drop it on a case of paint and getting my tanks filled. BUT ITS SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!

Paintballadict18
08-04-2007, 09:12 PM
atleast u can acually do that! im broke from buying a vs trinity adapter... and i still have to buy the reg...

durrell
08-04-2007, 09:44 PM
One being the key word.

Xbox has Halo, PS3 has SOCOM. (Keep in mind that the SOCOM franchise is what started the mic's on the PS2. They built the standard for online play on the PS2 and continue to hold a pretty strong standing considering there are still 40,000+ people logged on each day (not at once, but in general) on SOCOM: CA.

...and guess what? It's free online play.

40,000 people? That's a joke.

Halo 2 is less popular now than ever, it's so outdated..let's look at their stats for the last 24 hours:

Unique Players (Last 24 Hours):

Matches Logged (Last 24 Hours):

There's no denying that Xbox Live is well worth the 50 dollars a year..Halo 3 is going to kill every FPS on PS3. The only chance PS3 has at beating the 360 is with games like Gran Turismo 5 over Forza 2. And that's gonna be pretty hard. I mean, yeah, there are going to be some good games for PS3..but nothing is going to compare to Halo 3/Xbox Live combo.

marvin-martian
08-04-2007, 09:53 PM
which is why i said halo is the ONE unrivaled game

Paintballadict18
08-04-2007, 10:48 PM
There's no denying that Xbox Live is well worth the 50 dollars a year..Halo 3 is going to kill every FPS on PS3. The only chance PS3 has at beating the 360 is with games like Gran Turismo 5 over Forza 2. And that's gonna be pretty hard. I mean, yeah, there are going to be some good games for PS3..but nothing is going to compare to Halo 3/Xbox Live combo.

yeeeeaaaaaaaa bbbbooooooyyyyyeeeee

Ace24
08-05-2007, 09:25 AM
A PC you can game, surf the internet, call people, talk to people voice to voice + MUCH more. A reason WHY it costs more but has more to do than a console...
You can also do this with any system. You just have to be smart enough to do it... and have computer skills. They are all computers. Especially the new ones. The Wii has a browser and alot of features that a computer has for a fourth of the price of a good computer.

Honestly, Halo isn't that great.

I grew up with the Quake series, Half Life, and Unreal... I would take any of those over Halo.

marvin-martian
08-05-2007, 09:30 AM
You can also do this with any system. You just have to be smart enough to do it... and have computer skills. They are all computers. Especially the new ones. The Wii has a browser and alot of features that a computer has for a fourth of the price of a good computer.

I grew up with the Quake series, Half Life, and Unreal... I would take any of those over Halo.
cue eff tee

HeadShot
08-05-2007, 07:20 PM
...of that on a Dibella's foot long southwest cheese steak sub with banana peppers today... :frothatmouth: bah.

uugghhh..Dibella's..mmmmmmm me miss godfather sub. :facelick:

yeah, I realy could care less about the gaming systems. there's always going to be competition with each platform. Ie. Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft.

but the big weiner here would be microsoft. They put halo 1, 2, and probably are going to put 3 on the PC. Also online Multi-playa is free for halo 1. but not 2, why? Because of Microsoft live...and $$$. rich bass-tards getting richer. *shakes fist*

But any who, I like playing my Guitar hero , and Warhammer 40k rts.

screw the wii, 360, ps3. Use the money to get a kick ars PC.

Ace24
08-05-2007, 07:53 PM
But with one of those "kick ars PC"'s I could get 4 Wii's, or 2 60 Gig PS3's, or 2 1/2 Xbox 360's... (I know I cant get half a system... just by a monies standpoint).

It's much more affordable to own a system than a PC.

HeadShot
08-05-2007, 08:04 PM
no way man, I have a dell that I bought for $350. P4 2.4gb,60 gig Hd, 15" crt monitor, keyboard and mouse , and printer included in the deal.
All I did to make it game worthy was put in a 256mb nvidia Gforce BFG 2500 pci. I got it at compusa for around $60.

I play halo at 80-95 fps. and the best part I can play any game I want. any thing. even atari 2600 games.

Dude, your from rochester! Sweet. thats where I grew up, befor I joined the military. I lived over by the dome. do you play in the city postoffice basement??

durrell
08-05-2007, 09:34 PM

You're wrong about that, the Xbox 360 has so many security measures on it to prevent mods, that there are only 2 kernels that they've even got to boot from a modified Gentoo Linux CD. Then you still have to compile your own Linux kernel from source. It's extremely complicated, even for a veteran Linux and Xbox user. PS3 is supposedly really easy to mod to run Ubuntu. So while, yes, all systems are computers..they're not all easy to crack. The old Xbox was easy to crack.

I've honestly never seen the purpose of PC gaming. A keyboard is not an ideal game controller IMO, I'd much rather have a console.

Ace24
08-05-2007, 10:38 PM
no way man, I have a dell that I bought for $350. P4 2.4gb,60 gig Hd, 15" crt monitor, keyboard and mouse , and printer included in the deal.
All I did to make it game worthy was put in a 256mb nvidia Gforce BFG 2500 pci. I got it at compusa for around $60.

I play halo at 80-95 fps. and the best part I can play any game I want. any thing. even atari 2600 games.

Dude, your from rochester! Sweet. thats where I grew up, befor I joined the military. I lived over by the dome. do you play in the city postoffice basement??

You can't play newer games with that setup... at least not with high graphics enough to actually enjoy it.

Nope, old post office is closed now. It's been closed for quite a while too. N'Vasion Paintball is the best place in Rochester now. Link to the site that shows the field and such is in my sig.