PDA

View Full Version : How tough are these guys ?

SkinWalk3r
08-02-2007, 08:19 AM
Anyone drop them, step on them, smack them agaisnt things things and break them or have malfunctions ?? What/Where are the weak points on this gun?

Maxx-Damage
08-02-2007, 08:37 AM
Weakest pint of a MR2, the plastic feedneck. Ive dropped mine, slammed, dropped it. Never had any problems, all were accidental, never on purpose...

SkinWalk3r
08-02-2007, 08:44 AM
Weakest pint of a MR2, the plastic feedneck. Ive dropped mine, slammed, dropped it. Never had any problems, all were accidental, never on purpose...

the plastic feed neck...that can be replaced right. Do they make a good one that is compatible with the Qloader ??

wylde01
08-02-2007, 08:56 AM
you can take and buy the qloader adapter that rap4 has and just attach it to the main feedneck (the metal part sticking out at the 45* angle) and that will get rid of the plastic feedneck. ive actually got mad in the middle of a game and threw my mr2 to the ground. it never even phased the gun. of course i wont do it again though cause you never know.

jimmythefoot
08-02-2007, 01:00 PM
i would say the weak point in this gun is the weight.
still lighter then my 12g mossburg but without a sling and with the tank hanging off the back end your arms may get a little tired playing in those 24 hour senario games.
other then the wieght i have never had a problem with my MR2 to be honest

MR2 Woodsballer
08-02-2007, 01:12 PM
The weight can be an easy fix all you need to pick up is a sling and a remote. It will be a lil heavy but not that bad.

wylde01
08-02-2007, 01:30 PM
i use a remote and a sling and the weight is not bad at all. i have also put on the trinity ex-chamber which added alot of weight but with the sling it feels good.

MR2 Woodsballer
08-02-2007, 01:31 PM
As long as you do the sling and the remote you'll be set. Check out some of the upgrades available under the stickies.

SkinWalk3r
08-04-2007, 05:46 AM
my two upgrades that I really would like to do is to get the RAP4 barrel and Stock to get that M4 look,. And THEn the Qloader..

Incidentally I have odd question. My brother in law has the Tippman X7 and its is much bigger and bulkier that my MR2. Is there more inside that gun than mine or is it mostly plastic bulk...just wondering

ViperX
08-04-2007, 04:33 PM
The X-7 is bulkier, but not by much. It's also lighter than the MR2, but mostly comes in the mechanical trigger version from stock, at least it did when it first hit the streets. I do envy the X7's ability to transform into many different milsim looks. Tippmann definately has their game together on that one.

I imagine you could drive over and MR2 and still pick it up and fire it. May have a cracked grip or two...but this thing is really a tank so I wouldn't worry about it not taking abuse and throwing it right back at the enemy.

majorissuez99
08-05-2007, 03:16 PM
when everyone says the plastic feedneck is weak are you talking about the elbow??....

ViperX
08-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Yeah, that's what they are referring to.

It's usually the first thing I get rid of on any marker.

I personally don't even consider it part of the marker.

darth massacre
08-05-2007, 10:48 PM
I've seen and felt the X7 before - looks good, but its got so much plastic parts I just can't see it being very tough. The MR2 on the other hand is pretty robust - feedneck issue can be resolved by getting it replaced. There are quite a few links on this forum to Sundragon's site - go check those out.

If anything - I think a properly setup spyder is sweet to shoot. I'm not dissing the factory quality control, but don't expect things to work great out of the box. Personally i made some changes before I got it to perform the way I wanted. It hasn't let me down so far.

majorissuez99
08-06-2007, 11:22 PM
"Yeah, that's what they are referring to.

It's usually the first thing I get rid of on any marker.

I personally don't even consider it part of the marker."

Yeah i dont consider it part either because Kingman doesnt need to include it they just do as a convenience pretty much...i wouldnt expect a metal feedneck with it so its not really a weakness for the marker i dont think

SkinWalk3r
08-07-2007, 05:05 AM
Personally i made some changes before I got it to perform the way I wanted. It hasn't let me down so far.

you have my attention. Hopefully these didnt involve butt loads of money. What did you do ?

darth massacre
08-07-2007, 06:59 PM
you have my attention. Hopefully these didnt involve butt loads of money. What did you do ?
- Alamocity 2 O-ring bolt - thats maybe 30 bucks? ACS needs time to break in, and who has time these days?
- Don't forget to call Spyder and get one more rod for the bolt. Can't remember the part number but its the one that connects the bolt to the striker.
- 32 degrees spring kit - 10 bucks maybe?
- Gold cup gun oil - that bottle lasts and lasts
- J&J ceramic barrel - thats what? 35 bucks at the most expensive online retailer?

Less than 100 bucks - not including shipping.

Of course don't forget you need a good hopper and that might set you back a fair bit. I'd also suggest HPA instead of CO2 and some folks here insist adding a regulator makes it more air efficient and will prevent chopping due to blowby/blowback. But personally I've been using CO2 with a remote and that wasn't too bad. It really depends on how far you want to take it, but those 4 above are what I DID change after advice from the guys here.

KingTutBaller
09-01-2007, 10:17 PM
I'd say the only thing that has given me actual playing weaknesses with my gun is the tourny lock falling off. You can slam your gun around plenty, and the plastic elbow doesn't even affect your actual playability, but definately the tourny lock. I'm not sure if it's a WIDESPREAD problem, but I have heard of it many times, also my MR3 has done it, but during one game I had to roll quickly, I was lying down, my bipod snagged on the ground and slapped down, (not overly hard) but my tourny lock fell off inside the grip. Had no allen keys on me, had to play for another hour before i could put it back on.
Just my 2-cents.

majorissuez99
09-02-2007, 01:00 PM
I'd say the only thing that has given me actual playing weaknesses with my gun is the tourny lock falling off. You can slam your gun around plenty, and the plastic elbow doesn't even affect your actual playability, but definately the tourny lock. I'm not sure if it's a WIDESPREAD problem, but I have heard of it many times, also my MR3 has done it, but during one game I had to roll quickly, I was lying down, my bipod snagged on the ground and slapped down, (not overly hard) but my tourny lock fell off inside the grip. Had no allen keys on me, had to play for another hour before i could put it back on.
Just my 2-cents.

yup ive had my tourney lock come off and mess me up...im pretty sure its widespread its pretty annoying but its not that bad i can live with semi for a little bit...just would suck if i lost the tourney lock peice somehow