PDA

View Full Version : Viewloader Evo III(Egg3)

majorissuez99
08-01-2007, 06:54 PM
im wondering if this is a force feed hopper and if it will work well with the MR-2 on full auto?

thanks

Critical
08-01-2007, 07:02 PM
It is not a force fed hopper. some have had success, others have had nothing but problems. The problem that most have is that, while the speed is okay, the paddles do not put enough pressure on the balls to keep them from popcorning when the marker is fired.

SupaSnipa
08-02-2007, 07:34 AM
Well actually the eVLution 3 is force fed in a way but only to a certain point...I mean of course it wont work as well as a Halo B Empire B VLocity etc. but i use one on my vs2 and works great.

Voodoo27909
08-02-2007, 09:20 AM
*sigh*

Critical
08-02-2007, 11:24 AM
:headbrick:
EvLution hoppers, whether they are version II, III or XV are NOT force fed. Force feeding means that the paddles are putting constant, regular pressure on the balls in the feedneck. The eggys are agitating hoppers with eyes, which is a fancy way of saying that when the eyes detect there are no balls in the feedneck, the hopper spins the motor to continue feeding. There is no constant pressure. The VS2, which I happen to use (with an Egg II) is totally different than an MR. The VS has a vertical feedneck and operates at ~200-280psi, less than half of what the MR operates at. Comparing the two is like comparing a Foose Mustang to an F550 dump truck, sure they're both Fords, but thats all they have in common.

slim and shady
08-02-2007, 06:27 PM
I use an Egg III and used an Eag II and I have had pretty good luck with them I guess. You may be better off with a Halo or empire but lets be honest there more expencive and some of us just dont have the cash. For what the Egg III cost I think its a great product and works just fine, but I agree its not force feed and doesnt solve the popcorn effect.

chnk
08-03-2007, 12:02 PM
eggys are semi force feed, they are not full force feed,

i low pressured my mr2 so it lowered the blowback by alot so i didnt have to worry about air pushing the balls up into the hopper (or popcorning as yall call it), so the whole force feed hopper wasnt an issue anymore

shunut
08-03-2007, 02:03 PM
Critical is 100% right on this. Eggys are nothing more than fancy agitated hoppers. They are not force feed, nor are they semi force feed, if there is such a thing.