PDA

View Full Version : Velocity won't change

spyder209
08-01-2007, 04:19 PM
I took my gun to a local shop because I've been having problems with popcorning and chopping. the guy at the shop removed the barrel from my pilot and another pilot in the shop he then compared the velocity. we found out that no matter how much you adjust the velocity it seems to stay constant. it's shooting really hard. is there a fix for this? is it the spring? do i need another spring kit? or can I cut the spring?

MVS1
08-01-2007, 04:53 PM
I took my gun to a local shop because I've been having problems with popcorning and chopping. the guy at the shop removed the barrel from my pilot and another pilot in the shop he then compared the velocity. we found out that no matter how much you adjust the velocity it seems to stay constant. it's shooting really hard. is there a fix for this? is it the spring? do i need another spring kit? or can I cut the spring?
really dont recommend cutting the springs, because you never know what your gonna get once the cut is done. pick up a spring kit and put the lowest velocity spring in and see what you chrono at (not sure why the guy at the pb shop didnt do this for ya). another thing you can try is pulling the bolt and striker and make sure everything is in the right place (buffer, striker, spring, spring shim, velocity adjuster washer[looks like a regular washer except no hole in the middle] and then end cap with velocity adjuster screw) and also make sure that when the velocity screw is backed all the wayout the washer goes to the very back of the end cap. if everything is in order you may need to contact kingman for some assistance.

08-01-2007, 05:19 PM
well if it's new you will have to break the spring in a bit
just dry fire it a bit

paintballkid0206
08-01-2007, 05:43 PM
you're not supposted to dry fire it (the manual says)

08-01-2007, 09:02 PM
it won't do anything, unless you do it for hours on end and wear out the noid
but dry firing won't have any negative affects

Kenny_McCormic
08-01-2007, 09:36 PM
leave it cocked a few days this will break in the spring.

oldironmudder
08-02-2007, 03:27 AM
Leaving it cocked would be the easy way to break it in. But a spring kit would be another better if you are useing co2 since it can change pressure rather fast.

Herm
08-02-2007, 12:10 PM
I have a similare problem. I have my volocity screw all the way in and it wont get up to 300fps. it will only go up to 276fps. I don't know if this has anything to do with the same thing or not. I just thought i would throw it in there. cuz I cant figure out what to do either.

MVS1
08-02-2007, 01:29 PM
spring kit, medium/high spring. see what that does for ya.

oldironmudder
08-02-2007, 02:36 PM
herm, I answered a post this past week about the adjuster all the way in. Basicly find a space that will fit between the spring guide & metal disk & back the adjuster out an equal amount.

Herm
08-06-2007, 02:46 PM
ok thanks

Nuwwave
08-07-2007, 06:29 PM
If it is shooting too hard and the adjuster does not bring it down, then you getting way too much valve time and need to back off the pressure on the hammer. You can try a lighter main spring.

Just the opposite, if you cannot get your pressure up. But be aware you need to break your gun and springs in fully before you go tinkering. The springs will change a little over the first few cases of paint.

In either case, get a spring kit (Madmann, Shockteck, etc...) Cheap on ebay, but make sure you are getting one with several varying pressure springs. Try the different springs and see what difference it makes. Obviously, you will need a chrono and a full tank.

After you find a good combintation that allows you to adjust in and out on your velocity adjuster, stick with it, and check it several times as it breaks in. Change the spring if you need too.

You may find that you need different spring on different days you play.

If you want to go all out, get a regulator, You can use the air pressure as a course adjustment and the velocity adjuster as a fine adjustment. But be aware, you will have to tune it more and probably still need a spring kit to get you valve right. And oh ya, prey you don't have any recocking problems!

weitjosh
08-09-2007, 05:30 PM
you can also buy different sized velocity shims. bout the smae price as a spring kit, itll up the velocity as well. idk y u would want to shoot 300 fps all thats gonna do is ruin ur o-rings faster. i shoot at about 285 and im happy with it.

Herm
08-10-2007, 11:56 AM
Im new at paintball and the place that i always play at make you test gun and they said you cant go over 300 fps. so i just thought thats were your supposed to be at. I didnt know if it would make a difference if i shot at around 270.