PDA

View Full Version : Crunch Berry dilemma.........

DRAGON
08-01-2007, 03:00 PM
[ I'm eating Crunch Berries. I'm eating them one by one and I think the different colored Crunch Berries taste different. Then again, I'm not quite sure if they really taste different. :shrug: I'm thinking, do they really taste different, or is it just the different colors psyching me into thinking they taste different? :questionicon: What's worse yet is, I'm at the bottom of the box of cereal and only had a half bowl of CC Crunch Berries. For the other half bowl I'll need to open a new box of CC PB Crunch. Once I start eating those, I'll lose the taste of the Crunch Berries and prolly never know if they really taste different or not. :( Unless someone here helps me out with this, I may lose some sleep tonight thinking about this - :undecided:

PLEASE HELP! :help: Do the Crunch Berries really taste like different berries or is it just the different colors that make you think they do? -:confused: ]

:flowerred: Thanks everyone for the help - :bow:

marvin-martian
08-01-2007, 03:07 PM
i think their color does not effect their taste.

pbfreak3221
08-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Dragon whats your favorite M&M flavor?

marvin-martian
08-01-2007, 03:15 PM
hahahaha

droptop92
08-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Each berry color has different chemicals in the berry to make it that color. Therefore, your tongue senses the different chemicals which you perceive as different taste. Congrats, you have a highly sensitive tongue.

HelpDeskHustler
08-01-2007, 03:36 PM
its drago's monthly ganga binge again.

pbfreak3221
08-01-2007, 03:38 PM
Each berry color has different chemicals in the berry to make it that color. Therefore, your tongue senses the different chemicals which you perceive as different taste. Congrats, you have a highly sensitive tongue.
Science ftl...?:shrug:

marvin-martian
08-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Psychology ftl...?:shrug:
fiksed

droptop92
08-01-2007, 03:49 PM
I kid:rolleyes:

paintballkid0206
08-01-2007, 05:32 PM

WOW! i might just have to try that. lol. i like the green ones, they are my favorite. i eat cap'n crunch all the time, (cuz i'm a kid), and i dont think that they taste any different.

Maxx-Damage
08-01-2007, 07:05 PM
Dragon appears to seem smarter than ever before now, and who ever the heck droptop92 is to. But i noticed this to, and i lost a week of sleep over it. Then again, it could be the milk affecting the crunch berries.

Ace24
08-02-2007, 09:33 AM
:lolsign: ROFL!

AH.. I don't think they taste different.. now if it was Fruit Loops...

...that would be a different story.

marvin-martian
08-02-2007, 09:35 AM
i agree that fruit loops taste different, but not crunch berries

Ace24
08-02-2007, 09:35 AM
But aren't they basicly the same? :confused:

marvin-martian
08-02-2007, 09:42 AM
there is a hint of difference to them. maybe im just as crazy as old dragon here, but i taste a difference.

Ace24
08-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Great... now I'M going to lose sleep over this. >.<

leed
08-02-2007, 11:47 AM
Drago, it's like a placebo. Since they're different colors, and they're supposed to represent "berries," your mind is going to trick you. This is what those cereal companies are doing. They're hacking our brains with names and colors. Simple as that! Crazy people these days..

I like Skittles.

droptop92
08-02-2007, 04:19 PM
Thats why I stick with starburst. I know they taste different.

newkid
08-02-2007, 05:39 PM
dude what are you talking about, all starburst taste the same :dodgy:

DRAGON
08-02-2007, 06:25 PM
there is a hint of difference to them. maybe im just as crazy as old dragon here, but i taste a difference.

AH HA! See, I'm not teh only one here that thinks they taste different!!!! - :hungry:

marvin-martian
08-02-2007, 07:01 PM
AH HA! See, I'm not teh only one here that thinks they taste different!!!! - :hungry:
crunch berries are totally the same, i was referring to fruit loops.

badlandsrox
08-02-2007, 09:14 PM
heres what you do...

Get someone to sort them out into different colors, put a blindfold on, and get them to randomly give you one, and tell them what you think it is, then you know!

leed
08-02-2007, 09:58 PM
heres what you do...

Get someone to sort them out into different colors, put a blindfold on, and get them to randomly give you one, and tell them what you think it is, then you know!

Well what good is that if you have nothing to reference to?

You could do that, but before the blind fold, eat a few of each at a time, just so you get an idea of what it (or what you think it) tastes like. Then go blindfold.

Nenkitsune
08-03-2007, 10:08 PM
Well what good is that if you have nothing to reference to?

You could do that, but before the blind fold, eat a few of each at a time, just so you get an idea of what it (or what you think it) tastes like. Then go blindfold.
won't work because your brain will already be fooled into the diffrent color diffrent flavor mind set, so it will automatically think each one tastes diffrent. Best thing to do, is a single blind test like stated above. here's how you do it. you're blind folded, when someone gives you a few peices to eat (each of the same color of course) when you move to the next, the person would ask, "does this tasted different?" the way it would work, is if they gave you say, purple, twice, and you said it taste different, instant failure due to 2 purples creating a placebo effect of sorts. since logically, the same color cannot taste different ^^

Ace24
08-03-2007, 10:09 PM
Placebo.... p-l-a-c-e-b-o... I like that word... fun to say haha.

Nenkitsune
08-03-2007, 10:11 PM
I like that word too. It's very fun to say. I think I'm going a bit crazy though. To much jones candy infused mountain dew

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=14850585

anyways, I think my little experiment would work as far as figuring out if they really do tasted the same/different. Maybe a few of us SOC members could participate in the SOC "What Berry Is That??" Experiment XP

wylde01
08-04-2007, 06:36 PM
well to my suprise i look up into my cabinet and found crunch berries (im eating them right now!!) so i decided to test this experiment. i grabbed one of each color berry. i closed my eyes so i could not see the berries and then mixed them up. with my eyes closed i would grab a berry chew it up and think about it, then grab the next one. i found no diff. in the taste of them. i think that it is just the mind that makes you think they are diff tasting. just my thoughts on this nightmare!

DRAGON
08-04-2007, 06:43 PM
...........anyways, I think my little experiment would work as far as figuring out if they really do tasted the same/different. Maybe a few of us SOC members could participate in the SOC "What Berry Is That??" Experiment XP

Now that sounds bewwy intwesting. When can we start? - ;)

well to my suprise i look up into my cabinet and found crunch berries (im eating them right now!!) so i decided to test this experiment. i grabbed one of each color berry. i closed my eyes so i could not see the berries and then mixed them up. with my eyes closed i would grab a berry chew it up and think about it, then grab the next one. i found no diff. in the taste of them. i think that it is just the mind that makes you think they are diff tasting. just my thoughts on this nightmare!

I'll bet you were peeking. :smirk: Vidz or shenz - :dodgy:

wylde01
08-04-2007, 06:46 PM
dang man. i guess we are not back in the old days where a mans word was all that was needed. well ill try to get a vid up tomorrow night if im not busy.

DRAGON
08-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Not that I don't trust ya but vids would make it a conclusive result - ;)

paintballkid0206
08-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Placebo.... p-l-a-c-e-b-o... I like that word... fun to say haha.

i agree! lol. thats my new favorite word. what does it mean? :p

marvin-martian
08-05-2007, 05:46 PM
you are told this drug will cure the cold, but its just a sugar pill. you take it thinking its real medicine, and the test observer takes your results. 2 groups of people either get the placebo (sugar), or the medicine. this is done to see how well the medicine works.