PDA

View Full Version : guns

bigsteve251
07-31-2007, 08:11 PM
does any one know any good guns that are cheap?if so please resond cause im joing a team and need to know.

Kenny_McCormic
07-31-2007, 08:28 PM
Vs2

brsport102
07-31-2007, 08:30 PM
spyder pilot prolly one of my favs easy to mod.. clean, ect ect ect.. purdy cheap also.... 104 dolors.. off actionvillage

bigred76
07-31-2007, 08:55 PM
Ion. Cheapest, fastest, most easily used and upgraded gun for a starting player. Needs HPA and a faster hopper (Halo B or a Reloader B, or more).

UKwithPride
07-31-2007, 09:18 PM
Ion. Cheapest, fastest, most easily used and upgraded gun for a starting player. Needs HPA and a faster hopper (Halo B or a Reloader B, or more).
Which I might add, my sig. 300 for everything you need minus the hopper.

durrell
07-31-2007, 09:34 PM
Moved this to General. :)

And yes, if you can afford an Ion it's the best low-end gun for the price.

Nah 85
07-31-2007, 10:54 PM
Def an ion if you like the way it looks, I personally don't.

Maxx-Damage
08-01-2007, 05:02 AM
go on ebay and try to get a PMR if u can. Ions are a great new gun, but i think their a pain to work on(like tippys..)

vikingshadow
08-01-2007, 06:35 AM
PMR with Ultralite frame = 425.00 brand spanking new on Actionvillage. You may even be able to buy them from eBay cheaper.

This is the best deal out there right now. Ions are ok, but you have to upgrade them to be decent. PMRs need absolutely NOTHING to make them great - and THAT'S with the stock frame! This one comes with an UL frame right off the bat.

Or, you can try saving a few bucks and buy used off the internet.

Tito=PBL
08-01-2007, 12:06 PM
i got my PMR for 325 off of ebay brand new. i would suggest a PMR ive seen then go for 250 used only twice.

Protan
08-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Woodsball? Tipman 98 or BT-assault

Speedball? Depends how cheap?

I dont know a lot about speedball but I think a new Ion is around $300-400?

You can get a spyder pilot for about $104 which I hear is a good gun or a Vs1 or Vs2 is a good gun aswell.

Paradox313
08-01-2007, 01:21 PM
Ions are brand new online store like $220 i think.
Ions new on PbN, like $100.
Ions Highly up'd on PbN like $300-$350. Highest one I've seen sold was $500.

Yes Ions are good markers, but if your going to get one, you better be good.
Ions are infamous for having other players making fun of the owner, and are pretty hard to sell.

I would recommend a:
SFT Shocker - Good tourney gun, my first high-end gun
Etek - However they are great guns, maintain them otherwise they'll break down
PMR - Haven't shot one, but I'm sure it's awesome cause Vike shoots it:D

But if you want a more bang for your buck, go with an Ego5. They are lighter and generally more liked than the '06.

I would recommend to save up some money, and get a good entry level tourney gun, with a medium resale price. A SFT shocker is probably your best bet.
After your done with your SFT, try some other guns. If you see a gun you like at your field, ask if you can shoot it a few times.

That's all I have to say.

applesauce
08-01-2007, 02:35 PM
PMR for sure. i got one for 300 on ebay, keeps up with a lot of other high end guns. pretty easy to maintain yourself. they are quiet, they come with all the firing modes you will ever need. ive had mine for about 3 months and love it.

fwgericke
08-02-2007, 12:08 AM
I wouldve said the Dangerous power fusion. Not much of anything that needs to be upped on it and its around $350 and its shoots like a demon! Great gun and great Customer service!

Lyingcomic
08-02-2007, 01:52 AM
Check out the Odyssey RPM. I've been looking to buy one for quite a while. Cheap, fast, and small. You can get one from Actionvillage for around $150.

applesauce
08-02-2007, 07:55 AM
check out pbreview.com before you buy anything.

vikingshadow
08-02-2007, 08:10 AM
While I usually do check that site out, don't believe it as truth. It's been known to be loaded with "fixed" reviews and usually the reviews are so biased it's almost laughable.

My favorite reviews come from the "Playing time - less than 2 months" people...:rolleyes: However, I do use this site as a start. Then, I come here to this forum to check on things. Then, I research through google a lot, trying to find that gun's particular "official" forums.

Finally, believe it or not, I read PBNation on whatever particular gun I'm considering. While I dislike that particular forum due to the idiots that are allowed to run rampant there and the subsequent horrible attitudes that are spawned all across the country due to that one forum, a lot of good information can be found for sure, if you can sort through the ignorance, the blatant flaming and insulting and the people who are just talking through the backside of their pants.

Trust me, people who know me knows that it takes a LOT to convince me to spend that much money on something, lol! So I do a heck of a lot of research first, then I actually test it myself after I get the item. Then, normally, I post my review results here.

PMR - Haven't shot one, but I'm sure it's awesome cause Vike shoots it:D
Hahahaha, that made my day! Thanks! :D

Paradox313
08-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Check out the Odyssey RPM. I've been looking to buy one for quite a while. Cheap, fast, and small. You can get one from Actionvillage for around $150.

Very true. I was going to start a cheap backup project, but the guy on eBay beat me to it:(
I wouldn't really recommend that 'cause it doesn't have a reg input, and you have to make your own. I can't remember how, but it's fairly complicated unless you know what your doing.

check out pbreview.com before you buy anything.

Like Vike said, use this as a background. Some reviews, despite the rules, are one-sided, biased, and sometimes reviewed by the company who makes them.
Along with actionvillage is a good place to start, mainly to see the retail prices.

Bilbo
08-02-2007, 10:34 AM
I wouldn't dismiss the Pilot right away. It is about half the price of the Ion, and you really don't HAVE to do any ups to it right away (although new grips would be top of my list).
I have been using one for going on 2 years. Once I broke in the ACS bolt, it worked like a champ. Easy to fix, with lots of upgrades. Yes, there are better markers. But if you are truly looking to go as low as you can and still be able to compete with the expensive guns to some extent, it is a great gun.
I played with a friend's ion once, and while I did like it, it really wasn't THAT much better, and it seemed to need adjusting or repairing a lot.

SupaSnipa
08-03-2007, 09:14 AM
I think you'd be most happy with a VS2. I just got mine intime for a tournament last sunday and it RIPPED! I love it. My friend/teammate has a ion and he shot my vs2 and he is now trading it for a vs2.

Oscum Guy
08-03-2007, 09:16 AM
timmy

NeedForSpeed
08-03-2007, 09:49 AM
timmy

I second that. vs2's are very nice also.

imo "cheap" is usually not $350 for a pmr or marker like it

How much are you looking to spend? That would really let us help you out. Do you still need to buy hpa? What kind of hopper do you have now?

vikingshadow
08-03-2007, 10:05 AM
Yeah, but the Timmy at that price is a USED gun. New ones cost more than that! The PMR is NEW at that price.

I personally don't like dealing with used equipment, unless it's VERY upgraded. That way I know it works. But, I'd rather have something new than used any day...

NeedForSpeed
08-03-2007, 10:13 AM
Thats true vike. I just make it clear to whoever I'm buying from that if the marker doesn't fit up to my expectations before hand..I'm sending it back.
I think we'd all like to have new stuff but I never have the amount of cash to dish out for the gear I want.:o
If this guy can tell us how much he wants to spend and whether or not he needs hpa and a new hopper, then I think we'll all be very capable of getting him the best gear for his price.

MR2 Woodsballer
08-03-2007, 10:17 AM
I got an ion as a back up about a month ago came with critical trigger, virture ez on/off, QEV, and an eggy2 all for $100 on my local forum. You can find some really good deals locally if you look for them.