PDA

View Full Version : spimmy ?s

calebh
07-31-2007, 06:36 AM
after camps, trips, and work this summer, i finally have time to work on my spimmy this week, and i'm going to try to finish everything but the paint. me and some friends are going this weekend, and i can always paint it later. so...

again, has anyone ever done a spimmy with an ESP frame or know of a more in-depth howto than otter has?

what size and threads do i need to drill and tap the ESP frame for standard ASA holes?

is there a list of screw sizes i'll need somewhere?

===========
also, for a side project, is there a place i can get rechargeable battery cells to build my own battery pack?

Critical
07-31-2007, 10:59 AM
after camps, trips, and work this summer, i finally have time to work on my spimmy this week, and i'm going to try to finish everything but the paint. me and some friends are going this weekend, and i can always paint it later. so...

I hope you mean anno, or at least duracoat. Paint wouldn't look that good and will flake off.

again, has anyone ever done a spimmy with an ESP frame or know of a more in-depth howto than otter has?

Otter's site has just about the only information available about using the ESP frame. Since the original author didn't give him much material, it's really a guessing game. The best thing I can tell you is to mill out as much material as you can from the inside and cram the solenoid, board, wiring harnesses, etc. inside as best you can. That's what the other guy did

what size and threads do i need to drill and tap the ESP frame for standard ASA holes?

Don't know this one, would probably be easier and cheaper to just use one of the blocks that convert it, they're like $10. Otherwise, maybe someone else knows?

is there a list of screw sizes i'll need somewhere?

I know the screw sizes had been posted at IntimidatorOwners.com, but that site is down at the moment. Try the Intimidator sub-forum on PBN (although I hate sending people there, I'm pretty sure the info is posted in a sticky there).

also, for a side project, is there a place i can get rechargeable battery cells to build my own battery pack?

Google. There's hundreds of sites out there. You might also look at cordless phone batteries, a lot of them come in 9.6v, as do RC car batteries. Worst case scenario, you can buy regular rechargeables and shrink wrap them together and solder the leads together, that's how most battery packs are anyhow.

calebh
07-31-2007, 02:40 PM
due to the relative inactivity of the custom shop forums, i was able to find the first time i asked about the normal asa holes... http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=9338 i dont want to use a block cuz they look like crap and are, well, blocky. it is possible :D

as for the frame, well... i'll dremel it all out so it all fits then. that was the plan if no one knew what to do. lol

Kenny_McCormic
09-04-2007, 08:15 AM
A universal tboard would make fitting everything alot easier.