PDA

View Full Version : Workouts?

Charfizcool
07-30-2007, 11:31 PM
I read a PB magazine one time (I can't remember which one) and it had workouts to do to help people become better players (as far as movement goes). and I was wondering is their actually a special workout I should follow or can I just do my own? becuase I'm joining a team in progress and I want to be good and ready ya know like the train harder then you play thing. I'm going to be a frontman so what should I just work my legs like crazy or my whole body? any special tips would be appreciated.

btw I wasn't sure where to put this so I put it here:o

Elfmaze
07-31-2007, 05:34 AM
workouts for PB? probably focused mostly on legs. alot of squatting and low crawling in PB. Haven't seen the artical though

pbfreak3221
07-31-2007, 06:22 AM
Work on speed and agility, do running, and leg press and squats.

vikingshadow
07-31-2007, 07:57 AM
I saw that series - went through several different issues. Was either PB2X or PGI...

Anywho, they focused more on eating right and doing minor weightlifting workouts. As a front man, you need to work more on speed and agility than strengthening (although the tend to both go hand and hand.) As a front guy, I would work on stretching, flexing and workouts that encouraged speed - running for speed and cardio. Definitely not bulk building routines.

Voodoo27909
07-31-2007, 08:15 AM
Eating right is a biggie. I would not go much on muscle building for a front player...as muscles tend to prevent some flewability of movement if they become prominate, As a front player you want to be able to be as flexable as possible (Gumby was a front player,,,IF he played, lol). I would focus on running, and sliding into my bunkers more than anything else. Study the art of "Snap-shooting". There is alot more to it than just popping up suddenly and squeezing off 10 rounds...and ducking back again. Pratice snap shooting in front of a mirror, so that you can see how much of your profile is exposed when you "Pop out" for a shot...work on making less of yourself seen in that mirror as you progress. Most of your shooting as a front is going to be done from the "Snake, or "Zipper...which means you are going to be compacting your body into a tight kneeling position, or shooting from a prone (Lying flat on you stomach) stance. Practice shooting from those positions most of all.

Good luck on the new team!

Have fun! When it stops being fun...its time to look for another team.

applesauce
07-31-2007, 09:07 AM
the best thing you can do for any sport, is work on your core (abs and back) a good strong core will help to generate faster movements throughout the body. snap shooting for example is mostly your obliques(side abs) the more core stamina you have, the harder and faster you will be able to play.

i would suggest hanging/laying leg raises, incline sit ups, and even some of those goofy pilates(sp) motions.

Hossy
07-31-2007, 09:47 AM
hehe, seems like i found the right thread.

PM me, ill give you a workout you can follow.

VS3 Sniper
07-31-2007, 10:26 AM
1. Eat right.
2. Try doing sucides they are great for speed traning and will make ur legs alot stronger.
3. Snap shoot with ppl alot better than yourself.
4. Play against better players.
5. This is a drill I do all the time. First u start at the break with no gun or paint have 2 ppl at the opposite corners field start shooting at u. Have ur gun placed at what ever bunker u play at (for u front) I play snake or corners so I place my gun there. Then once u get to ur bunker u have to move to another bunker (where u have left ur paint) to get the paint for ur gun. Then u can start shooting and get the corners out. Its a great drill try it out next time u play it works wonders on ur skills.

LostCause
07-31-2007, 12:29 PM
well im a football player and track runner (400) so i get the lifting part, though dont o nly do two diffrent types of lifting, that is extremly bad for you. Since you will overdevelope your one muscels but get weaker in others. Do upper body one day then lower body the other. Never do the same lift back to back days. You will injure yourself, and become weaker. This is also a way to become more flexibil, though dont build to much, you want it defined though not like a body builder....though then again my caoch for track (also wrestles) is one of the fastest guys i've seen...and so is my 320lb friend who is a linemen...and hes mostly muscel(agility wise)

Do a lot of ab work, you need abs to run, stronger abs thye better you run. Also do obliques to. Then another great way to get faster is to calg raises or some sort of calf workout.

Strecth before you run, STAY HYDRATED, and stracth after your done. If you are running a mile or more have a kick at the end, (sprint the last 200 meters, idc if your dying. its the only way you get better) also set a pace you can keep the whole time, yet still pushing yourself. After each run do a set of sprints then do a few agility drills (iggy shuffel, paino...etc etc)

EAting, i personaly eat a high protein and cab diet (builds muscel and keeps engery) also eat a lot of veggies, Helps realse the vitamins to keep going, and to build stronger muscels and other body functions. You can still eat fast food and stuff, just limit it. I perosnaly have a 4000 calorie diet to keep in shape, though you should try to find your own thats best.

Good way to get a upper body workout is to go to a playground(if you dont have a gym readily avaible) get on one of those bars that ppl hang on and do pull ups/chin ups.

Sorry not helpfull on paintball items.....most my time is to football (feels like i havent even left school :P) and track.

^^hope some of that helps.....if not...well...bummer

Critical
07-31-2007, 12:44 PM
I got a workout just reading that. lol. Good info though.

Charfizcool
07-31-2007, 03:53 PM
Wowza :bugeyes: thanks for all the info guys and I will definatley work my abs more I know just the right thing to do :p Lost cause pming on the agility drills and hossy pming on the workout.