PDA

View Full Version : Good feedneck?

Protan
07-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Can anyone tell me whats a good feedneck for this gun? I need one that is cheap and works good. Will even buy used from sales corner. Just need to know what kind I need. I need a clamping one right? It looks like the feedneck screws in but I couldnt get it out.

Kingman-Rep
07-31-2007, 10:57 AM
You can buy a VS Feed neck from Kingman,

fwgericke
07-31-2007, 02:58 PM
Yea you could get one of the V series feednecks or you could get a Smart parts Q-lock, It would screw directly into your gun, Oh to get the other neck out, if you have one of those industrial heat guns, the ones that blow hot air. and try that on the neck. see if it maybe loosens it, good luck,

Oh i think the q-lock is around $35

Protan
07-31-2007, 05:25 PM
I dont have one of those.. would hot water work? ps howmuch are the vs series and are they clamping?

fwgericke
08-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Im not sure how much the V series feednecks are, probably in that sorta price range but id personally go for the q-lock its a lever locking feedneck where the V series is a twist lock.

I donno if hot water would work, try a hair dryer, it should heat it up enough?

Ive heard theyre pretty hard to get out so be patient.

GoodlucK!!

TXTeague
08-10-2007, 05:06 AM
I dont have one of those.. would hot water work? ps howmuch are the vs series and are they clamping?

Were you able to get the old one off?

The VS series are not clamping, they are a twist-type. On my VS2 I use a CCM, which is tightened using and allen wrench. On my Sonix I use a Trinity and it is a clamping or cam-lock style. Both are great feednecks. I've heard good things about the NDZ from some but I don't have any personal use with them. You should be able to find them anywhere from $10 (used) to $30-$35 (new). I'm not 100% for the VS1 but the VS2 and VS3 are Ion threaded feednecks. I imagine it is the same for the VS1.

vs1user
08-31-2007, 06:15 AM
the vs1 feed neck is ion threaded so if they are ion threaded then they will fit.

kc0410
10-19-2007, 01:21 PM
are u sure Vs1 and Ion threads are the same?? i called my local paintball store and they say the Q-lock only fits on the ion but not the vs series.

Kingman-Rep
10-19-2007, 03:37 PM
The thread pattern on the VS and Ion are the same.

All the VS guns have the same thread.

As always as for recommendations on products before you buy. You are better off finding a quality product that fits then saving a buck on product that will either break or damage your gun. I have seen aftermarket products that have damaged the threads because the tolerances were off.

kc0410
10-19-2007, 07:53 PM
thats exactly what i was affraid of. But now that ive got confirmation that ion thread is same as vs i think im gonna start shopping for a Q-lock. thanks 4 the help

kc0410
11-01-2007, 10:38 AM
OMG I cant get the frikin feeneck off!! Ive been at it for like an hour and it wont even budge!!!! >=(

theklu
11-10-2007, 04:59 PM
OMG I cant get the frikin feeneck off!! Ive been at it for like an hour and it wont even budge!!!! >=(

i couldnt get it off either, i happened to have the feedneck on tight with hopper, i was actually trying screw off hopper, but it unscrewed the feedneck (more leverage got it off)

popbean
11-14-2007, 08:09 PM
the ccm and the trinity clamp feednecks are just as good even and cheaper than the q-lock

xsvly-fat
11-15-2007, 11:34 AM
trinitys ftw

SparkyGT
12-10-2007, 10:08 AM
i couldnt get it off either, i happened to have the feedneck on tight with hopper, i was actually trying screw off hopper, but it unscrewed the feedneck (more leverage got it off)

took me a couple minutes to get mine off and install the new one, put a Q-lock on it

Protan
12-11-2007, 07:27 AM
I used a vice grip to get mine off, worked wonders. Really easy. But you might damage it.

mugato
12-16-2007, 09:54 PM
Why doesn't the Q-lock I bought fit on my VS1? Stupid AA paintball in Baldwin Park sold me the Q-lock NXT and said it would fit. Please help?
Oh, and DON'T EVER buy from AA, they have a NO return policy. Even websites have a 7 day return and quite a few even have 30 days.

kramernator
12-19-2007, 08:24 AM
get something that sits low on the gun!

mugato
12-20-2007, 10:07 PM
get something that sits low on the gun!
That doesn't help me at all, the q-lock i have is low but it doesn't fit my marker. Everyone is saying Q-lock works on vs1, but the one I have doesn't. So, what is the deal are there different models of q-lock? Besides never buying from AA paintball again :mad: , I should just stick with spyder parts for spyder markers.