PDA

View Full Version : new to game

pricegsxr
07-30-2007, 03:08 PM
i play mainly woods and i have recently purchased a spyder electra which i have been informed is made for speed ball. what mods do you recommend if any. i'm looking for a hopper an expansion chamber, low pressure kit, and a barrel, i have already purchased a spring kit, also what type of bolt would be good, i am really not happy with the valocity of the gun thanks

Theheroguy
07-30-2007, 03:10 PM
spring kit is all you need if your not planning on going low pressure really and if you went low pressure I'd reccomend a new marker like a vs2
the srping kit and velocity wheel shoud be enough to get your velocity where you want it for rec play

pricegsxr
07-30-2007, 03:16 PM
call me stupid but what do you mean by going low pressure, what has to be done to go low pressure

pb34
07-30-2007, 03:53 PM
This (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/lp.html) is a link to almost everything you'll need to know about going low pressure. Also, if you look around that sight you can answer most of the questions you have about your Spyder. After you've read over that sight once or twice then come back if you have any questions.

Kenny_McCormic
07-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Alot of work is needed to go low pressure. The cheapest easiest way to go LP is to buy a vs2. The only up i would recommend is a force fed hopper and a barrel. Viewloader makes good hoppers i would recommend the egg3. For a barrel get one made by smart parts or J&J. After that see how it shoots and then decide if you want LP. A derlin bolt is always a good upgrade it removes the loud clank sound when firing and maks it nearly as quiet as an ion.

oldironmudder
07-30-2007, 03:57 PM
"Going low pressure" is lowering the operating pressure of the marker to get more shots per tank fill. Stock Spyders run around 600-800psi, LPs run, depending on who you ask, around 200-400psi.

You can do a search on here and bring up a bookoo amount of info about converting to LP. Also check out Otter's web site since he has done a very nice article about it.

The basic parts you will need to buy or mod is a good reg, spring kit, valve & bolt. A good paint to barrel match is almost a most.

pricegsxr
08-01-2007, 07:53 AM
ok i lost my owners manual so which way do i turn the wheel on the back of the gun to adjust the valocity

vikingshadow
08-01-2007, 08:11 AM
Turning it in is going to compress the spring and make it shoot harder. Turning it out is going to take pressure off the spring, thus making it shoot softer.

Unless you're talking about a regulator, then it could be the opposite direction...