PDA

View Full Version : Can I use this???

LordJester
07-30-2007, 12:44 PM
I went to play at my friends yesterday and I was almost out of paintball oil, so my friend gave me a bottle of Brass Eagle Liquid Fire oil (which is what he uses), which I used to lube my gun. After I got home I was looking at videos on You
Tube and some guys had posted a comment that you should not use this oil on a Pilot. Now should I stop using this kind of oil or does it not matter?

O and what is the difference between gun OIL and gun LUBE, and which should I use?

Thx (again lol).

Kenny_McCormic
07-30-2007, 12:50 PM
Just dont put oil on the acs bolt. Only oil the striker and put a squirt in the asa every case of paint or so.

pb34
07-30-2007, 01:01 PM
I use oil on all moving parts and lube on non-moving parts. I oil my striker and striker buffer and lube pretty much every other o-ring on the gun(valve o-rings, VA o-rings etc.) Stay away from the ACS bolt with both oil and lube because it could swell and cause re-cocking problems.

I don't have any personal experience with that oil but I was looking at Pbreview and it seems some people have had some complaints with it thickening at cold temperatures more than other oils. If your in warm temperatures and aren't using Co2 I would think it would be fine. If you want to be safe you can go to you local ****'s (Richard's) and pick up some Extreme Rage gun oil or just go to your local store and pick up some Gold Cup oil. Both of which are tried and true.