PDA

View Full Version : Question for Pilot owners who use HPA

Bilbo
07-30-2007, 06:28 AM
I am looking to start using HPA with my pilot, but am unsure how large a tank I want to get. As it stands now, I use about one 20oz or two 9oz tanks in a day of walk-on play. I would like to be able to just use one tank all day, but the cost is a bulky tank and more weight. On the other hand, I don't want to have to refill after every game. There is also the fact that it may be cheaper (depending on where/what I buy) to buy two smaller tanks than one large one.
As you can likely tell, I am not a major ball-sprayer. I pick my shots and rarely shoot more than 5 balls at a time, unless in a very heated fight.
Thoughts?

shunut
07-30-2007, 08:10 AM
I would go with a 68ci / 4500psi tank, carbon fiber wrapped of course. Thats about middle of the road when it comes to size. Its the size I always used and I loved it. Its not too long, and because its carbon fiber its pretty light. Go with the 68/4500 you'll be happy you did.

Kenny_McCormic
07-30-2007, 09:49 AM
You can get a 68/4500 from pbnation for $100-$150 depending on condition and how much it has left on the hydro. A 68/4500 holds about the same number of shots as a 20oz.