PDA

View Full Version : Crash!!!!!!

shunut
07-29-2007, 06:08 PM
My 16 year old little sister was going to the store today to get some green onions. She was backing my mom's Bug out of the garage and was worried she was going to hit my dad's Odyssey. She wasn't paying attention to what was on the other side of the driveway...

My car.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/shunut/New%20Civic/mycar3.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/shunut/New%20Civic/mycar2.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/shunut/New%20Civic/mycar1.jpg

My mom's car:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/shunut/New%20Civic/momscar.jpg

Its not that bad. Most of my mom's car can be buffed out, little touch up paint and its good to go. My car will need a new front bumper, the tab that holds the bumper in place broke. She has only been driving for about 2 months and I didn't make a big deal about it, it happens. Luckily I have an appointment with Honda tomorrow morning to get a couple other things fixed so they can look at that and give me an estimate.

vikingshadow
07-29-2007, 06:18 PM
Ouch! Glad it wasn't any worse. These kind of things can be pretty devasting to girls who just start driving!

My neice rolled her new pickup two weeks after getting her license. She SAYS she wasn't doing anything, but it got out of control on a dirt road. She was pretty scared for quite awhile...

Anyway, you did good handling it like that!

shunut
07-29-2007, 06:44 PM
We've been giving her a hard time since then. Her new nick name is Crash.

As soon as she finally left for the store, after pulling herself together, I pulled our cars out of the driveway and parked them down the street. She thought that was funny.

Hossy
07-29-2007, 07:23 PM
hehe, guess that now some of the priorities will be changed around once you win the powerball :p

My sister and I call my Aunt 'Crashie' for basically the same reason.

UKwithPride
07-29-2007, 07:44 PM
Ouch. lol.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Civic&catcgry2=2007&catcgry3=2DR+EX&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=BUMPERS

Majestic Honda is an OEM part dealer, your part would be number 1 priced at 181 dollars if you were to replace the whole thing. May differ from the dealerships price though.

vikingshadow
07-29-2007, 07:49 PM
Wait - you won the powerball? Seriously?

Ace24
07-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Honestly, I would have made her pay for it... maybe not the whole thing, but a portion. Thus showing her that she is lucky it happened within the family, not with a stranger, whom would sue her for the repairs. Thus telling her that she needs more practice and to go somewhere out of the way on her own (taking responsibility) and practicing.

(If this is harsh, I'm sorry. I am NOT in a good mood. I REALLY ****ING HATE sexual discrimination and my best friends mom is being a ***** to my girl friend because she is Bi and "doesn't want her around [my best friends little sister] Jessica" as if it's a ****ing infectious disease and it's going to ****ing rub off on her... you can't even ****ing tell. ARGH!

/rant)

UKwithPride
07-29-2007, 08:11 PM
what is the powerball?

Ace24
07-29-2007, 08:17 PM
what is the powerball?
Form of Lottery. Big money involved.

You pick numbers, and the numbers are on balls in this giant clear sphere. They are mixed up using air, (balls tossed in the air from the air current) and then a seal is opened on the bottom, where the air can escape, letting some balls land, and fall into that pathway seal. Thus showing the numbers on the selected number of balls, and if you get all of those numbers right (or even some in some states) you win money.

TheRedBarron
07-29-2007, 08:35 PM
Josh, that sucks poor car... You mom drives a bug? ew.

Powerball is how the Kusa Chat gambles.

shunut
07-29-2007, 09:09 PM
Tell me about it Matt. I can't stand her car.

Wait - you won the powerball? Seriously?

No, Hoss and I were just talking about it the other night.

Powerball is at 105 mil right now I think so its about time we get a chat together and pick some numbers.

Ouch. lol.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Civic&catcgry2=2007&catcgry3=2DR+EX&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=BUMPERS

Majestic Honda is an OEM part dealer, your part would be number 1 priced at 181 dollars if you were to replace the whole thing. May differ from the dealerships price though.

Cool, wonder if it comes painted?

marvin-martian
07-29-2007, 09:56 PM
My 16 year old little sister

thats your problem right there...

Paintballadict18
07-29-2007, 10:52 PM
bummer... yea its a good thing that didnt happen to a stranger me and my bro got in a car accident a couple months ago heres a diagram i just made just for the occasion as of now
http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/KNIGHTSOFDARKNESS/?action=view&current=crash.jpg
(left = drivers side)
me and my bro going east at 45 (speed limit 40) and west/east dont have stop signs, the lady barely comes to a stop then decides she can makes it well duh she cant so my bro stomps on the brakes and turns right to try and dodge her truck we nail her back left end with our front left end she swerves to the left hitting the innocent person head on the left.

she fought and fought that it was my bros fault but she lost and had to pay our damages wich was getting my bro a new car (wich was really dumb cuz why was she moving but the person across her was sitting still like u should be?)

the left side of his car was totaled he has a 1986 firebird so parts arent usually made fo rthese anymore so anything beyond repair is consedered totaled well the hood was bent up towards the windo the light was gone and the battery got pinched so it was leaking fluid and the frame got moved so my bros door could barely open it sucked he was sad he loved his car to death

UKwithPride
07-29-2007, 11:20 PM
Tell me about it Matt. I can't stand her car.

No, Hoss and I were just talking about it the other night.

Powerball is at 105 mil right now I think so its about time we get a chat together and pick some numbers.

Cool, wonder if it comes painted?
it would come unpainted.

leed
07-30-2007, 05:37 AM
Beetles are gross.

That sucks, but hey, it could have been worse. Nice work parking the cars down the street though, hahaha.

spyderpilotacs05
07-30-2007, 06:32 AM
your car got the worst of it! but oh well accidents happen.

bamf-hacker
07-30-2007, 07:21 AM
;) someone said this would happen and you handled it the way he told you too.

You are a good man, now what is this about sharing our Powerball?

Remember your roots....

HelpDeskHustler
07-30-2007, 08:29 AM
are we placing bets? I think that'll be 150 bucks at least.

shunut
07-30-2007, 09:11 AM
LOL, Dan.

I'm guessing a shop will charge me at least $1000 to fix it, that usually seems the minimum. I've already got a price on the bumper painted, not installed, just the part and it was $375. For my mom's bug, $275 for just a painted bumper.

Nenkitsune
07-30-2007, 02:02 PM
Geeze, A bit pricey isn't it. Oh well, I'm trying to get a second job so I can buy a 240z. I hope THAT doesn't get in an accident ^^

vwjimmy
07-30-2007, 02:38 PM
Bummer Josh.....but things do happen and it could have been worse. Nice of you to not freak out too....I think the nick name will do enough!
VW Beetles are great chick cars!
I figure with my great luck of late that I am a shoe in for Powerball ;)

Kenny_McCormic
07-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Why not try gluing the tab back on instead of spending $1000. you could buy 20 cases of paint with that much ca$h!

Paintballadict18
07-30-2007, 02:49 PM

haha yea everytime my brother gf sees a conv. beetle she gets mad cause its not hers

vikingshadow
07-30-2007, 06:09 PM
Bummer Josh.....but things do happen and it could have been worse. Nice of you to not freak out too....I think the nick name will do enough!
I figure with my great luck of late that I am a shoe in for Powerball ;)

Both my daughters want one. I think I'll get them the old model and soup them up! Make them a bit more manly, although I won't be driving them...

Count me in on the powerball thing, lol! With your luck lately, I'm all in!

bigred76
07-30-2007, 08:57 PM
Next PowerBall's on me! ;) First one after 18, so it's bound to be lucky!

Good **** on not flipping, Josh. At least her first crash was at home, with family, and not down the road into a light pole or something.

Chill Ted... Flame therapy's open 24/7/365!

Sandman_Bravo
07-31-2007, 03:06 AM
That sucks man. I had a similiar thing happen with my '06 Titan. My son was riding his bike between our 2 vehicles in the drive and lost control putting a 3 foot long scrape down the passenger door. I was mad but didn't get too midevil on him; I just reminded him that he was warned not to ride between them already.

HelpDeskHustler
07-31-2007, 07:38 AM
my friend had 500 for a dent+ scratch fender.... how can a little touch up on a bumper cost that much?!

i say you get out the sharpie mini!

shunut
07-31-2007, 07:49 AM
On my car a little touch up paint isn't going to cut it. One of the plastic tabs that hold the bumper in place broke so the entire bumper needs to be replaced. The part itself really isn't that expensive, its the labor they get you on. My mom's car could probably be fixed with a little paint, but we are thinking of replacing the entire bumper as well becuase a new bumper painted is only $200 for her car.

TheRedBarron
07-31-2007, 01:06 PM
... a new bumper painted is only $200 for her car.

that is because beatles are generally driven by teenage-early20's girls. They mass produce bumpers (front and rear) in every color because they know they will need them.

shunut
07-31-2007, 01:38 PM
LOL! Or old hippie ladies like my mom. :)

Tito=PBL
07-31-2007, 02:56 PM
it sounds like you handled the situation well. congrats