PDA

View Full Version : Well, well, well.....

vikingshadow
07-29-2007, 04:14 PM
Ok, I'm horrible at keeping secrets. If I was in charge of national security, well, it's probably a good thing I'm not! I was planning on keeping this a secret until it was annodized, but, read the first sentence. However, I MAY be deleting this as a type of "teaser" soon - the rest of the forum will have to wait. :p

This is my wife's almost stock Victor I....some of you may recognize it. All it has here is a J&J barrel and my Sonic front gas-thru grip. Good little shooter for a mech Spyder. Loads of fun to play with, and my wife really likes it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/vikingshadow/VictorJPG.jpg

So, I was sitting around bored, and decided I needed a summer project and it came to me to do this. Don't know why - I just decided on this. Now, before we go further, I actually started with an Icon Z, but promptly screwed it up. So, I stole my wife's gun, LOL! Now, imagine her thinking about what I did to the first gun, and now I've decided to do it on her gun...Not a real fun conversation, trust me!

I've been working on this for 3 weeks now, mainly just digging up parts and then waiting on them to get to me. I did all the milling myself, from the drilling the holes for eyes and cover screws to the body milling using only a table top drill press, a set of drill bits, this awesome Xacto file kit, and a hacksaw which was a first for me. For the gun itself, I used mainly used parts, which as many of you know is also a first for me! Actually, it's probably taken me about 10 hours of work on the milling, filing and drilling, then 2.5 weeks of waiting on parts and such...

Welp, here's what I did to it. Remember, it's going to be anno'd, but I don't know when I can afford it, or when it'd get back. Part of why I decided to tell you guys anyways.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/vikingshadow/spimmy%20website%20pics/nearlyfinished2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/vikingshadow/spimmy%20website%20pics/nearlyfinished.jpg

I've learned a lot doing this, and had a heck of a time. Only thing it's missing is a solenoid, which if the store I bought it from (on eBay) would get around it'd be here by now.

Here's what's under the hood:

Spyder Victor body
UFD clamping feedneck
J & J Edge barrel kit
2K2 bolt (new)
Alias ram sleeve and poppit with spring
2K2 ram
Hybrid adjustable/bumperless ram cap
2K2 front block
Lasoya LPR
Torpedo HPR
Ashcroft guage
Timmy detents
2K2 Clamshell frame
Alias trigger
Alias trigger guard
WAS 2.9 board
LCD
Membrane
Humphrey solenoid (eventually)
2K2 eyes
2K2 eye covers
Unimount

I drilled the body for dual detents as well as breakbeam eyes. I milled a slot under the covers for the eye wires, as well as the oval cutout and the milled back all by my little lonesome. I don't really care for the feedneck as it's a bit too tall for my tastes (anyone wanna trade an NDZ one?)

Now, I already had the Victor, the tools and the Edge kit (glad I kept it all these years, now!) so the total cost for this thing was around 350 - 400 bucks. Would have been lower, but I got some of the parts new.

Like I said, I know it's ugly right now. (It's really not. I'm pleased with the miling and my file work, and the colors look a bit better together in real life.) I'm still sending it to annodizing. I have an idea on a couple of color schemes (that WILL stay a secret for now, lol!) I just need to get a quote on it and get it sent off.

I'm expecting the solenoid Monday - although I expected it Thursday, then Friday, then Saturday...:rolleyes: Once I get it and hoses installed, I'll try to get and post a video on how it shoots. I'm dying to try this thing out!

By the way, I also wrote a tutorial on building a Spimmy and built a website for it. It's a comprehensive, complete (I hope) guide to building one. I'm waiting on the solenoid so I can take some pictures, and it'll be ready. It's mainly built on my experience building this, but I "borrowed" from a few other people as well to make it more complete. I'm pretty happy with it, as well! I'll post a link to it when I'm completely finished with it.

pb34
07-29-2007, 04:25 PM
Wow that looks great! Glad I happened to be on the forums before you delete the thread!! I can't wait to see the website your making either. So is this going to be your wife's new gun? I'm sure she's pretty happy the way it turned out.

vwjimmy
07-29-2007, 04:29 PM
AWESOME Vike!!!!
Your milling looks great!!!
Let us know when that site is up, and when you get it 'colorized'!

newkid
07-29-2007, 04:36 PM
that thing looks awsome, great job :up::up:

VS3 Sniper
07-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Wow great job vike any future upgrades?

vikingshadow
07-29-2007, 04:45 PM
Thanks, guys!

I've told my wife that she can use it when and if she plays again. Thing is, I know she probably won't play...sadly. However, I still have my PMR and my Phantom to mess around with if she does want to play, so it's all good! Price I had to pay for "stealing" her gun, lol!

Website should be up the day I get the solenoid in. I've been having another person check it for completeness and if I need to make changes. Believe it or not, the only thing holding me up are like 3 pictures!

Jimmy - I may make a poll on colors...I've got 3 color schemes I really like, but I can't decide for sure what to use. I'm leaning towards one particular set, but I don't know for sure. It's hard to see when it on a gun with this many parts...

Sniper - only upgrades would be to get more up to date parts on this. However, I had so much fun making this one, I might make a different gun next!

shunut
07-29-2007, 05:05 PM
Very nice Vike, welcome to the club.

vikingshadow
07-29-2007, 06:19 PM
Thank you, much. Feels good to be here!

DRAGON
07-29-2007, 06:40 PM
Nice project Vik. Why may I ask does the trigger frame hangs over the back of the body so much? Not too much up on these things but don't think I noticed that on others that I've seen - :shrug:

vikingshadow
07-29-2007, 07:28 PM
Thank you!

Yeah, they all hang like that. The Spyder body is a bit short for the frame. They make what's called a "designer's block" for that back piece, but I don't know if I want to go that route or not. Seems like it would look funny with that line, or crease, around the back.

Sandman_Bravo
07-30-2007, 03:03 AM
Wow, that's awesome. You know you have to get a vid of it up now.

marvin-martian
07-30-2007, 04:16 AM
looks fantastic, but are those ion grips? :confusedastowhy:

leed
07-30-2007, 05:32 AM
An early christmas present, I see, hahaha. Looks great! Hopefully it will shoot that way. -- It christmas ornaments, right?

vikingshadow
07-30-2007, 05:47 AM
Hahahaha, I said the same thing! It was actually black to begin with, but the guy asked me if I wouldn't mind trading the black one for a red one since i was annodizing it anyway. It was like new - not a single scratch until I got hold of it...so I said sure - he knocked 5 bucks off the price so I used it to buy eyes!

Marv - yeah, those are the grips that came with the frame. Actually, they're TOO fat for my hands so I am going to change them (that's why they weren't on my parts list...) I'm thinking Dark Seoul grips which is why I've been asking so many questions about them lately.

Bravo - I'll try to get a vid up, but we know how long that takes. People are still waiting on my PMR video, lol!

Well, I think it's time to remove the pics.....teasing time is over! :devil:

bamf-hacker
07-30-2007, 07:23 AM
Wow you had the time to build that and type your standard 12 pages posts.

Nice work buddy, cant wait to see the anno and your entry for the Non-Spyder of the Month.

Drefish99
07-30-2007, 08:16 AM
Nice work Vike. Summer projects are nice and you finished it right when summers about over. Some recommendations is getting a designer block or making one out of delrin. They are kinda tough to find but you might get lucky if you contact BLAST - 9256257929. Also another thing I would do is cut the bolt at the back. That may make it a little lighter creating lighter reciprocating mass. I used a standard miter saw to cut min but a DreMill or bench saw would do fine as well. NO TEASERS!!!! Keep us updated.

vikingshadow
07-30-2007, 09:09 AM
Wow you had the time to build that and type your standard 12 pages posts.
You should see how long the website I made for a tutorial is! Nearly as long as your posts, but I didn't have the time to take all the pictures, LOL! :p
Nice work buddy, cant wait to see the anno and your entry for the Non-Spyder of the Month.
I was actually going to save it for that, but like I said - I suck at keeping secrets...maybe I'll let the new wear off and then just drop it in unawares to everyone else. After all, I haven't had much luck this year in those contests.
Nice work Vike. Summer projects are nice and you finished it right when summers about over. Some recommendations is getting a designer block or making one out of delrin. They are kinda tough to find but you might get lucky if you contact BLAST - 9256257929. Also another thing I would do is cut the bolt at the back. That may make it a little lighter creating lighter reciprocating mass. I used a standard miter saw to cut min but a DreMill or bench saw would do fine as well. NO TEASERS!!!! Keep us updated.
Do the designer blocks look weird with them on? I've never seen one before and I'm afraid it might throw the looks off.

I was going to cut the back of the bolt off when I got the solenoid in - along with mill the eye wire slots a bit deeper. They're keeping the frame from fitting tightly against the gun for now. I don't like the way the back of the bolt looks, so it'll come off next.

Hopefully, the noid will come today. Then I can finish it and shoot it!

No teasers? Dang. How about if I hint as to what I'm working on right now. You guys are going to freak out - it's a ____________________! So cool! ;)

Edit** Just stuck my Reloader B on it. That feedneck is going to have to go. It's way too tall for me!

Drefish99
07-30-2007, 09:52 AM
Do the designer blocks look weird with them on? I've never seen one before and I'm afraid it might throw the looks off.

I was going to cut the back of the bolt off when I got the solenoid in - along with mill the eye wire slots a bit deeper. They're keeping the frame from fitting tightly against the gun for now. I don't like the way the back of the bolt looks, so it'll come off next.

Hopefully, the noid will come today. Then I can finish it and shoot it!

No teasers? Dang. How about if I hint as to what I'm working on right now. You guys are going to freak out - it's a ____________________! So cool! ;)

Edit** Just stuck my Reloader B on it. That feedneck is going to have to go. It's way too tall for me!

The designer blocks aren't that bad. It actually finishes off the marker I think. Check the pic pages on PBN to see some on a few markers. I do request one thing. Go on to PBNation and look for a moderator named Lurker. He has a ram called the Eigen that is simply one of the best upgrades you can do to the timmy. I highly recommend them. You can tell him I sent you. http://www.lurkerpaintball.com/ is his website and you can purchase there as well.

Ace24
07-30-2007, 10:04 AM
Acidrain does good anno jobs. Pretty afordable prices... I'm waiting on my body to get back from them right now.

So what color are you planning on making it? (Might have missed it in the post)

vikingshadow
07-30-2007, 10:15 AM
I'll check out Lurker and see what he says...

I haven't told anyone what colors yet - I can keep a few secrets, hahaha!

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** **************************************************

On that note, I'm pretty pissed right now. The solenoid didn't come today! I had sent this guy an email about it (then another one on Sunday when I didn't hear from him.) I get this email back:

Sorry for the shipping delay. I am getting ready for a wedding in the family on this end, and my sched is a bit hectic. Your item is shipping Mon, 7-30. Thank you

Tim
Lakeshore Traders

MONDAY 7-30!!! That's today! His page on ebay says "Items ship within 3 days of receiving payment." I paid paypal, so he got it the day I ordered it - Saturday 7-21. I understand being busy and all, but I'm a CUSTOMER and CUSTOMERS take priority over personal things (I make exceptions for illness, deaths and hospital stays - NOT weddings.)

Here was my response - dang ebay response thing limits characters or I would have let him have it!

"Orders are shipped within 3 days after full payment is received."

Seriously? I've been waiting a week for this! The above quote from your page states you would ship within 3 days of payment. I paid Saturday night, 07-21-07, so it should have shipped at least by 07-25-07.

While I normally don't get bothered by this type of thing, I'm very touchy with eBay sellers. This is why I stay away most of the time. I could have bought another one for a bit more with less shipping and got it by now. I can't use my gun until I get it, and it looks like it's going to be another week before I can use it again! Are you at least sending it by faster shipping at your cost?

I understand a busy schedule as my own tends to be that way(congrats on the wedding, btw!) This is why I rely on businesses to follow through on their end so it doesn't interfere with MY schedule. I paid quickly so I expect quick service.

What kind of rating would you expect with this type of service?

I'm very irritated right now. He's definitely getting a neutral or negative rating from me. However, I know that out of spite, he'll give it right back to me and ruin my own ratings.

Theheroguy
07-30-2007, 10:46 AM
doesn't he know that hes messing with a nice paintball marker?

looks nice vike

paintballkid0206
07-30-2007, 11:08 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!! how much? jk jk. wont have enough $ for my first tourney if i bought it

Tito=PBL
07-30-2007, 02:08 PM
thats awesome vike!! i love spimmys. sorry about your ebay problem.

vikingshadow
07-30-2007, 02:29 PM
Well, I haven't heard back. I BETTER get that back by the end of the week, or it's bad feedback for sure! (All together now - oooooooooooooooooo!)

Thanks guys! This noid thing is giving me fits. First, I was supposed to get one for free from this guy. He told me he'd send a whole 2K5 rebuild kit to me because he had no use for it anymore (I know who he is so I was excited about it.) But, he apparantly backed out of that (about 2 weeks ago) and didn't tell me. Now this ebay crap. Think someone's trying to tell me something?

This thing better shoot like gold when it gets running!

paintballkid - $600.00 (as is when noid gets in) and it's all yours, lol!

MVS1
07-30-2007, 05:13 PM
I hate dealing with anybody on ebay (or the global yardsale as I like to refer to it), never works smoothly. I feel your pain brother. Hopefully he gets off his arse and gets your solenoid to ya, looking forward to the video.

Theheroguy
07-30-2007, 06:05 PM
cancel the order and go to someone else
can you do that?

vikingshadow
07-30-2007, 06:12 PM
I actually thought about that, but since he said he's sending it today, and won't respond to emails, I figure I may as well see if I can get this one. It better not be a dud, though.

By the way, any of you Timmy guys - will cocker hose work instead of Timmy hose? I know the Timmy hose is a bit wider inner diameter, so it'll go over the barbs better. But will the constriction hurt the operation any?

Critical
07-30-2007, 06:20 PM
I don't see why not. If it'll fit over the barbs, it should be fine. Your only talking about 70-90psi, not 300.

07-30-2007, 06:43 PM
looks awesome !
I suspect that ur going to give this to her as either an anniversary or birthday present

vikingshadow
07-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

*snort*

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Wipes tears from eyes Yeah, that's the plan alright!

Jking! Thanks!

Thanks, Jeff. That's what I thought as well. I'll give it a shot. Hopefully it won't be too tough to get it over the barbs. I have 1 12" piece, but I don't think it's gonna be enough. I do have some cocker hose, though.

vikingshadow
07-30-2007, 08:43 PM
This is getting better! I just got a message from the guy that I was supposed to get the FREE solenoid from, asking me if I had got it from another guy yet. Apparently, I'm still going to get it....it's just taking a roundabout way to get here.

Update: I bought a new feedneck, on the hopes that I can modify my original feedneck to be a lower rise version. It's going to look so cool!

Critical
07-31-2007, 03:55 AM
If it's a tight fit, try using a hair dryer on the hose to warm it up. Sometimes that's enough to get it to slip over the barb.

leed
07-31-2007, 04:54 AM
Autococker LP hoses will fit, but if you have High Flow barbs (if you can stick a .50 allen key in the barb), you should pick up some High Flow hose. High Flow hose has a little bit larger ID than Autococker line, and it can actually help lower the Rammer pressure a little (which is a little nicer on your Solenoid). But Autococker LP line will suit fine, you just may have a little trouble getting it on High flow barbs.

vikingshadow
07-31-2007, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the info, you two. I'm pretty sure I don't have High Pressure barbs. That was going to be one of those things I got later after I played with it for awhile to see how it shoots.

Drefish99
07-31-2007, 10:57 AM
Stick with the stock hosing if you can. Go with the higher flow barbs though if you can get a set for cheap. ASP has some if you need a source. Reason I say stick with the stock diameter hose is cuz the larger diameter causes your marker to have a slower recharge due to the air having to fill a larger void. If you want to lower LPR pressure go with the lighter ram option. If you don't have a lighter ram always try to stay at the stock 80psi setting. It yields the best consistency at this pressure.

paintballkid0206
07-31-2007, 11:59 AM
Well, I haven't heard back. I BETTER get that back by the end of the week, or it's bad feedback for sure! (All together now - oooooooooooooooooo!)

Thanks guys! This noid thing is giving me fits. First, I was supposed to get one for free from this guy. He told me he'd send a whole 2K5 rebuild kit to me because he had no use for it anymore (I know who he is so I was excited about it.) But, he apparantly backed out of that (about 2 weeks ago) and didn't tell me. Now this ebay crap. Think someone's trying to tell me something?

This thing better shoot like gold when it gets running!

paintballkid - $600.00 (as is when noid gets in) and it's all yours, lol!

I wish i had $600, but i dont, AND i have to buy paint for a tourney (my first) comin up. by then i MIGHT just have enough to buy a Revvy :D

vikingshadow
07-31-2007, 01:36 PM
Hahaha, I was kidding! I'm gonna keep this one for awhile just as a badge of honor...

phatphil
08-01-2007, 03:48 AM
Now, I already had the Victor, the tools and the Edge kit (glad I kept it all these years, now!) so the total cost for this thing was around 350 - 400 bucks.
+$200 for the mech Spyder, right? :D

The designer blocks aren't that bad. It actually finishes off the marker I think. Check the pic pages on PBN to see some on a few markers. I do request one thing. Go on to PBNation and look for a moderator named Lurker. He has a ram called the Eigen that is simply one of the best upgrades you can do to the timmy. I highly recommend them. You can tell him I sent you. http://www.lurkerpaintball.com/ is his website and you can purchase there as well.
I think the designer block (I think they're called decoration blocks?) completes the look. I've seen them in both aluminum and delrin. These aren't Spimmies, but they give you a good idea how the block will look:
http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/8336/prototyperippernu0.jpg
http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/3650/ripper1protola6.jpg

Thanks for the info, you two. I'm pretty sure I don't have High Pressure barbs. That was going to be one of those things I got later after I played with it for awhile to see how it shoots.
Drop me a pm about the high flow barbs if you're looking for a set, or use PbN if my inbox is full.

vikingshadow
08-01-2007, 06:47 AM
Hahahaha! Nah, I only paid like 50 bucks for the Victor about 4 years ago...it hadn't been used in probably 3 of those years. I only pay 200 bucks for RIGHT SIDE POWER FEED SPYDERS, hahaha!

I don't know on the designer blocks. They just seem weird looking to me. I'll think hard about them before I send this off to be anno'd, though.

I'll keep you in mind on the high flow barbs as well...

Ace24
08-01-2007, 10:52 AM
I like Alias blocks... The one I picked up for my T-1 with a Hybrid LPR looks great! I think it looks better then the 2k2 blocks anyway.

Critical
08-01-2007, 11:09 AM
They mean the block at the rear of the body that covers the back end of the ram sleeve, not the front block that the reg and LPR attach to.

I'm on the fence too, Now that I've got 2 spimmy projects. I hate having the ram sleeve hanging out like that, but I don't think those decoration blocks add anything, they don't really flow at all with any of the bodies, maybe they would look better on a plain Spyder body than those timmies.

vikingshadow
08-01-2007, 11:53 AM
They mean the block at the rear of the body that covers the back end of the ram sleeve, not the front block that the reg and LPR attach to.

I'm on the fence too, Now that I've got 2 spimmy projects. I hate having the ram sleeve hanging out like that, but I don't think those decoration blocks add anything, they don't really flow at all with any of the bodies, maybe they would look better on a plain Spyder body than those timmies.

:yeahthat:

It's shape (like a hexagon or something) just doesn't seem to flow right. However, the bottom tube of my body is squared off on the sides, so it might work. I'd really have to see it on there to see if it would work. I'm having a hard time imagining it for some reason. Anyone know about what they run?

Critical
08-01-2007, 12:15 PM
I just called BLAST, they said they didn't have any of them left, but were also not able to give me a price. Sorry.

vikingshadow
08-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Well, that just settles it, then. Makes the decision that much easier...

Thanks for calling, though!

Oscum Guy
08-03-2007, 09:00 AM
very nice. thats mega awesometastic lol. the milling rox!! i heard that you can buy the decorative blocks from blast. well nm, just read the thgread.

vikingshadow
08-03-2007, 09:04 AM
Thank ya, kindly!

Just finished cutting my new feedneck, so now I just need to clamping part and the solenoid (crossing my fingers it comes today...:rolleyes:) and I can give it a test run and HOPEFULLY get it to annoing before I run out of cashola!

vikingshadow
08-03-2007, 12:03 PM
This is long, but trust me. You'll want to read it all, because I look like an idiot in there, lol! Also, I have a question in there so I need you guy's help.

************************************************** ****************************************

Whooo Hoooo! My solenoid came today (poor packaged - the bubble wrap was just folded up and thrown in the envelope, and the solenoid was floating free in it. At least it was a padded envelope!)

After struggling for a bit with getting it installed, I threw a battery in it, and it clicked! Whooo Hooooo - at least I wasn't ripped off - YET.

Soooooo, I aired it up and.........

nothing. I forgot I had turned the reg and the LPR all the way down! So, I adjust them as instructed, and......................

psssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss - air leaking down the barrel. Damn!

Then, it took me a minute of hard thinking to try and remember what a poppit style marker leak down the barrel might mean. Cup seal. Well, it was brand new, so it couldn't be bad! Then it hit me. I wondered if I had installed the poppit backwards? Took it apart, switched it around, put it back together again and Voila'! No more leak, LOL! (Remember, spool valves don't use poppits, and if you remember, I've used nothing BUT spool valves for the last 3+ years...so I had an excuse!)

OK, I go out and shoot, and I have a tiny leak in the macroline fitting - but I think it's a bad fitting, because my macroline is cut clean and straight. I'll figure that one out later as it's just a tiny problem right now.

Results - set over the chronograph - 290, 287, 275, 287, 291, 285. After it breaks in for awhile, it should get better. I hope.

Shooting - Man, this thing RIPS! Easily hit more than what I normally shot, I feel. Went through two loaders of paint in no time. However, I noticed a problem with my eyes.

Negatives - this thing is HEAVY. With a tank and full loader on it, it easily ways 3 times more than my shocker and PMR. I'll either get used to it or not, but man!

When my loader is on the gun (paint or not), it reads as if there's something in the breach and will fire. Take the loader off, it reads as if there's nothing in the breach and won't fire. Weird, huh? Any ideas on this? What the heck is going on with them? Fortunately, my loader is fast enough, and I'm slow enough that I didn't get any chops whatsoever. But, I want the eyes to work, so any suggestions would be good.

I'm out of air now, so I can't shoot anymore. When I get some, I'll make a video for you guys to drool over. I'll head out to the field and get some tomorrow. I hope my feedneck will be here tomorrow (it made it to Dallas at 5 am, so I HOPE it gets to OKC tonight. If it does, then I should have it tomorrow and I can finish the mods on this gun.)

Critical
08-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Does your loader have eye's? Could they possibly be interferring with each other? Try cursing at it in foreign languages, I find Russian and German to be the most effective. Could it be the weight of the loader, and not the loader itself pressing the feedneck down onto the eyes, pushing them out of alignment?

EDIT: I bet you give your students essay questions, don't you?

vikingshadow
08-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Absolutely on the essay questions! And they better be able to BS as well as me.... :devil:

No, it's not being pushed down into the eyes - I checked that. Hey, could it have something to do with light (as in sunlight?)

Critical
08-03-2007, 12:32 PM
If that was the case, wouldn't the problem get worse with the loader off, since more ambient light would be available then? Unless of course, you had a sunbeam with areally unfortunate richocet.

vikingshadow
08-03-2007, 12:33 PM
yeah, that makes sense. It happens though both inside and outside. I'm just at a loss as to what it could be.

Critical
08-03-2007, 12:47 PM
Start eliminating possibilities. not knowing what you've already tried:

- Does problem happen with all loaders, or just this one?
- Does problem happen when you put pressure on feedneck, proportionate to weight of loader?
- Is eye delay set to default?
- Do eyes/board pass self-test?
- Cover the marker, with loader, in a pillowcase or something think enough to block all ambient light, problem still happen?
- Block off feedneck with something opaque (jam a rag up the feedneck of the loader) put loader on marker, problem still happen?

Oscum Guy
08-03-2007, 12:56 PM
does your loader have lazurs? lol. i bet you feel good right now. the sense of accomplishement that comes with building domething that actually works!!:D

for the leak, lick the end of you macroline, always works, unless you have a bad fitting.:p

vikingshadow
08-03-2007, 01:05 PM
Start eliminating possibilities. not knowing what you've already tried:

- Does problem happen with all loaders, or just this one?
- Does problem happen when you put pressure on feedneck, proportionate to weight of loader?
- Is eye delay set to default?
- Do eyes/board pass self-test?
- Cover the marker, with loader, in a pillowcase or something think enough to block all ambient light, problem still happen?
- Block off feedneck with something opaque (jam a rag up the feedneck of the loader) put loader on marker, problem still happen?

1. Weird. Does not do this with my Eggy with smoke shells UNTIL I put my hand over it between the light and the loader (blocking the light.) THEN it misreads as paint being in the breach.
2. Yes, I thought it was pressure because I was putting my hand on top the loader. However, the loader does not contact the eyes in any way shape or form.
3. Eyes set to default. Also tried in bypass, seeing the bolt AND in simulate mode. Same results each mode.
4. Self test? Not sure what that is. When I turn the gun on without the loader on, it doesn't fire since nothing is blockinig the breach. I stick a ball down the breach and it reads the ball.
5. Problem still happens.
6. It fires with something plugging the feedneck, but not reaching the eyes.

The more I do this, it seems that with the absence of light, it assumes the eyes are blocked. Isn't that weird?

vikingshadow
08-03-2007, 01:06 PM
does your loader have lazurs? lol. i bet you feel good right now. the sense of accomplishement that comes with building domething that actually works!!:D

for the leak, lick the end of you macroline, always works, unless you have a bad fitting.:p

Loader is a Reloader B with just ears.

Yeah, it was pretty cool to take it out back and shoot it. I MADE THIS, lol! It felt pretty good to get it going. Now, if I can get the eyes to work, I'll be really happy!

I'll have to give this a try. Never heard of that before, hahaha!

Oscum Guy
08-03-2007, 01:27 PM
can you adjust the eye sensitivity on the board?

Critical
08-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Get a pair of glasses, your eyes are going bad!

Seriously though, I'm starting to think that it's the eyes themselves that are the problem.

vikingshadow
08-03-2007, 02:29 PM
can you adjust the eye sensitivity on the board?

Actually, this solved the problem! I have an "eye power" mode on my WAS board. I had it set at the default (10). Raised it to 15 and it didn't read anymore unless there's something in the breach. So I lowered it down to 11 and it works perfectly now. I'm happy.

Good call! You get a free Vike Pass! Use it wisely! (You, too, Critical. You were helping me think it through!)

MVS1
08-03-2007, 02:46 PM
:mad: damn oscum you beat me too it...as soon as i read the absence of light remark it hit me. serves me right for going to the pb store to get some macro line and a fitting, i missed out on a free vike pass;)

Oscum Guy
08-04-2007, 07:33 AM
yessss!! wait, what does that mean?

vikingshadow
08-04-2007, 10:04 AM
Well, no one knows yet because they're hoarding those free passes up. (I believe I gave a couple out before...)

vikingshadow
08-04-2007, 11:02 AM
Just noticed the comments in the guestbook. Thanks, fellows. I appreciate it a lot!

bigred76
08-04-2007, 01:57 PM
Lol, a free Vike Pass? The things teachers come up with... One of my friend's that's one just asked my opinion on some Bux idea. You know, the overused Monopoly money strategy.

Looks good Vike, just needs an acidbath to make it look sick! ;)