PDA

View Full Version : Paint Sponsor

PumaPride04
07-29-2007, 12:11 AM
hey guys im lookin for a paint sponsor that will be lookin to supply us with paint for practice. do you know anybody that is a decent sponsorship. and i kno our team needs to be good, i think were pretty good cause we won a few rookie tournys then went to bunkerfest and won there. so we already got that down

Paradox313
07-29-2007, 09:33 AM
You wanna be small and work your way up.

Ask a local business that you think is big and go from there.

Wait for Vike to post with his life story of how he got one.

Theheroguy
07-29-2007, 09:46 AM
ask for something like a 30% discount if you buy like 10 cases or so from a local store and work your way up

pbfreak3221
07-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Yeah, definetly don't try to go directly to the large companies, start at your shop. The large companies won't glance at you with those qualifications.

PumaPride04
07-29-2007, 10:37 AM
well we already have our shop sponsorin us with paintball. they give us marbs for 35$ and 40% off of stuff we buy from there

Voodoo27909
07-29-2007, 12:07 PM
Thats already more than alot of well known teams get from the largest sponsors.

vikingshadow
07-29-2007, 12:25 PM
Wait for Vike to post with his life story of how he got one.

Um, I'm going to assume you were being funny.

Otherwise, what'd I do to you to cause this? Oh, and bite me! [not being sarcastic]

Paradox313
07-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Um, I'm going to assume you were being funny.

Otherwise, what'd I do to you to cause this? Oh, and bite me! [not being sarcastic]

Maybe I should have put a smiley face on the end of that.

I didn't mean any insult, just a friendly joke.

But really how did you get your sponsor? If I remember correctly your sponsored by Redz right?

vikingshadow
07-29-2007, 12:49 PM
Oh, ok...just a bit crabby right now. I've been trying to stay away from that sort of thing, but it's hard during the summer - notice the MASSIVE number of postings I have right now :rolleyes:. I'll all but quit once school starts up again.

Let's see - Redz, Nelson, Empire, NPS, Order Paintball, local field and several different local businesses...and a couple others that I can't think of right now. We got everything from paint, to uniforms, to tournament fees, and even had offers for a gun sponsorship through Syndicate, but we didn't like their guns so we didn't go with them.

If you can't tell by my posts, I have the gift of gab. :rolleyes: I can pretty much talk anyone into anything (except girls, for some reason.) I called most of these people up, or went to visit if I lived close enough to them. I wrote up a killer resume' that had our wins, members, gear, goals, etc. and sent it online to a lot of businesses. I was working on a Dye sponsorship when I quit playing a while back, but it was all but a done deal.

I doubt you'll get a company to GIVE you paint. Your deal with your field is pretty decent. I know a Div 2 team from Tulsa (who is pretty dang good) and isn't getting their paint for free.

paintballkid0206
07-29-2007, 01:57 PM
Oh, ok...just a bit crabby right now. I've been trying to stay away from that sort of thing, but it's hard during the summer - notice the MASSIVE number of postings I have right now :rolleyes:. I'll all but quit once school starts up again.

Let's see - Redz, Nelson, Empire, NPS, Order Paintball, local field and several different local businesses...and a couple others that I can't think of right now. We got everything from paint, to uniforms, to tournament fees, and even had offers for a gun sponsorship through Syndicate, but we didn't like their guns so we didn't go with them.

If you can't tell by my posts, I have the gift of gab. :rolleyes: I can pretty much talk anyone into anything (except girls, for some reason.) I called most of these people up, or went to visit if I lived close enough to them. I wrote up a killer resume' that had our wins, members, gear, goals, etc. and sent it online to a lot of businesses. I was working on a Dye sponsorship when I quit playing a while back, but it was all but a done deal.

I doubt you'll get a company to GIVE you paint. Your deal with your field is pretty decent. I know a Div 2 team from Tulsa (who is pretty dang good) and isn't getting their paint for free.

haha looks like a life story. i didnt read it (too much to read). jp Vike

Theheroguy
07-29-2007, 02:01 PM
my local store gives a free box of paint of = or > value for every 4 you buy

Paradox313
07-29-2007, 02:05 PM
You really should read all of Vike's posts regardless if they're too long.

All of them are very informal.

Pretty soon when I'm out of High School i'm going to probably open my own field with my mom(She's in it too:D ), and start my own team.

I'm so stoked.

paintballkid0206
07-29-2007, 02:05 PM
thats a good deal. i get no free paint from the store that i get my paint. (even tho my bestest friend owns it. its kinda a rip. o well, guess i have to deal with it)

EDIT-- wow! someone posted while i was typing! (and i'm a fairly fast typer. lol)

colonel_moo
07-29-2007, 03:14 PM
thats a good deal. i get no free paint from the store that i get my paint. (even tho my bestest friend owns it. its kinda a rip. o well, guess i have to deal with it)

EDIT-- wow! someone posted while i was typing! (and i'm a fairly fast typer. lol)

how is it a 'rip'? why would your friend want to give you paint for free? do you just walk up to your friends and give them 30 bucks for no reason? thats essentially what hes doing if he gives you a case

and hero: i think id rather just have cheaper paint than have that setup. obviously they are just marking up more than they have to to give out every fifth case free.

vikingshadow
07-29-2007, 03:55 PM
You really should read all of Vike's posts regardless if they're too long.

All of them are very informal.

Thanks! I try to help as much as possible...one of these days, people will refer to me like they do Otter - hahaha!

I just have a lot of information, and I find while I'm teaching that examples and drawn out explanations help the "slower" people remember them better and due to force of habit, I do the same thing here...not that most people here are slower, mind you. ;)

However, if they choose not to read them, what do I care? If they're TOO LAZY to read 3 paragraphs, then let them wallow in their own self imposed ignorance - caused of course by the "tl;dr" generation... :p

paintballkid0206
07-29-2007, 04:00 PM
i read alot of your posts vike, but i just decided not to read that one. just read it now. happy? lol

vikingshadow
07-29-2007, 04:07 PM
However, if they choose not to read them, what do I care?

Neither here nor there to me.

I only responded this way because people feel the need to make comments about my posts and expect me not to respond. Although I do want to say thanks for reading my other ones! :D

Paradox313
07-29-2007, 04:33 PM
one of these days, people will refer to me like they do Otter - hahaha!

Otter is to:
The creator of the "Spyder Bible"

Vikingshadow is to:
The creator of the "Spyder Forums Huge Poster, But Very Informal to the Unintelligent"

Is there a way we can shorten that?

Sorry for Hijacking, but it was explained a few posts up.