PDA

View Full Version : Going to pump

shark
07-28-2007, 08:23 PM
I played in a recent tourny and i discovered that i hate electro guns. Coming off the field and realizing how much paint i wasted kinda pissed me off. So, im looking to buy a pump. I've got my eye on an outkast sniper 2. What are some suggestions u guys have about this whole situation, what gun i should get, and also how much i could get for my current setup(once used pmr w/broken feed collar, used halo b and used 48/3000)

TimVanNormal
07-28-2007, 10:06 PM
Phantoms are amazing.
Pump cockers are nice.
I've owned all three, PMR, phantom, and cocker.
I personally, love and kept my pmr, but I would go with a phantom.
You could most likely get a very nice one for all of your stuff.

Ace24
07-28-2007, 10:19 PM
To be honest... before you buy a pump... make sure you like the pump play. I can't tell you how many people I've seen sell their guns (that they put alot of money into) and then buy a pump for the sole reason you are and get pissed beacuse they don't like how everyone else has semi's and they always get tagged out.

Pump takes ALOT of practice and it's not something you can "just get into because you don't want to shoot alot."

If you don't want to shoot alot, take the gun off of ramping and put it on semi. Check yourself, time your shots, and make them count. Don't shoot the crap out of the bunkers. (I've learned this myself and have always been a "cheap" baller in the aspect of spending money on paint. I make it last unless it's a tourny and I need to spray.)

Now, if your ready to really put your mind to it and REALLY want to play pump, the best pump's I've seen out there are the Carter's (I think thats right, correct me if I'm wrong... just got back from a late party), Phantoms, and various Cockers. There are many Phantoms showing up on here lately, and I've heard nothing but the best about them. To play pump, you've got to stick with it and really want to learn it.

Hope this helped.

Opteron-O3
07-29-2007, 08:25 AM
Buy a REvvy and limit yourself.
Also, like what Ace said, take ramping off.
Only shoot when you think you can get him. Etc... play differently.

colonel_moo
07-29-2007, 10:17 AM
i agree with ace. play pump a few times before you up and sell all your gear. pump isnt for everybody, and most people who play pump do it for the challenge and satisfaction of being severely disadvantaged... not to save money on paint. im not saying you wont like it, im just saying you should try it first.

Team Ramrod
07-29-2007, 10:27 AM
and try different pump markers. I made the switch to pump not to long ago and thought id love a fancy new phantom, but after trying out a friends I just couldn't get the hang of it. So I slapped a pump kit on my cocker and have loved it ever since. Just make sure you test out to see whats comfortable for you.

shark
07-30-2007, 01:11 PM
most people who play pump do it for the challenge and satisfaction of being severely disadvantaged... not to save money on paint.

That is one of the main reasons i want to switch. It's not just the money, it's me wanting to challenge myself to get better. I'm at a point where playing time is limited and i want to be able to force myself to get the most out of practicing and i think a pump will help me with this.

newkid
07-31-2007, 04:49 AM
or you could just buy a used mech spyder for less, but still be at a disadvantage

vikingshadow
07-31-2007, 08:04 AM
Ah, but a mech isn't the same as pumping it. There's a different feel knowing that YOU are the cocking mechanism, not some air from the valve. Makes it more of a challenge.

You do need to try different pumps. A phantom is VERY light and a single tube design. Makes it a bit difficult for people coming from heavy spyders and even heavier Autocockers. Most find the Sniper type pumps to be more comfortable to use. I went from shooting a Shocker, to a Phantom, and can now switch between those two and to my Rail and it's not all that different (thought the phantom is much lighter than even those two guns!)

CHAOSFTW
07-31-2007, 08:15 AM
i started playing pump this year. becasue i wanted to challenge myself and also my budget for paint was getting tighter. so i bought an autococker on ebay that didnt have a front block and, next i bought a pump kit and after that a reg and so on. i love it its my maine gun for speedball, woodsball, wuteverball.