PDA

View Full Version : Best Price - Tank

Bilbo
07-27-2007, 10:41 AM
I am looking for a 68/45 HPA tank. Can anyone recommend where to look for the best price on a NEW tank? I know I can try to pick up a used one on ebay or even on this forum, but if you were looking to buy one new where would you look? What would you consider a good deal for a 68/45 (preferably fiber wrapped, not steel)? Since I have been using CO2 I wouldn't know a good deal if I saw one.
I am hesitant to buy used because most I see are nearly out of hydro, and once you add on the $35 fee to have it re-hydroed, and the time/cost of going somewhere to do that, it just doesn't seem worth it.

STRIKEFIRST
07-27-2007, 12:52 PM
Actionvillage.com

Check out the crossfires...

Maxx-Damage
07-27-2007, 01:58 PM
Actionvillage has a bunch of crossfire 68/45 for $160. High or low pressure.

SupaSnipa
07-27-2007, 01:59 PM
www.firstcallpaintball.com the crossfires are good but give DXS tanks a look

Jegger24
07-27-2007, 02:01 PM
Like Strikefirst said... AV has pretty good prices....I bought the Pure Energy tank from them and it works FANTASTIC....
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=Z6UG6n6ZSlEGHjgzDivGQnRN77GuIn5HiLc=?Pro ductID=OkusFAY76rwAAAD372OlA_2t

Here are a couple links to Crossy's per Strikefirst's recommendations...although they aren't in stock at the current time...
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=Z6UG6n6ZSlEGHjgzDivGQnRN77GuIn5HiLc=?Pro ductID=njPAqArbLhgAAAETD7HvC7wE
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=Z6UG6n6ZSlEGHjgzDivGQnRN77GuIn5HiLc=?Pro ductID=zZSsFAY7_%2ewAAAD3x2elA_2t

applesauce
07-30-2007, 07:23 PM
what would be the advantage of getting a low pressure tank over a high pressure tank (assuming you have a LP marker)???

Bilbo
07-31-2007, 04:27 AM
As of right now, there wouldn't be an advantage to getting an LP tank. I don't think the Pilot is an LP gun. But I want to get an HPA tank with adjustable reg so I can use it on the Pilot and on any future gun I get (that might be LP).
I like the convenience and price of CO2, but having tried HPA I can see how it is more consistent, and at least a couple of fields around here don't even sell CO2.

08Lud08
07-31-2007, 07:24 AM
Just get an HP tank that way you can use it with any gun. If a gun is lp it has a regulator on it that you can adjust.

applesauce
08-01-2007, 02:45 PM
but say i want to use a LP tank on my PMR (which is a LP gun) for ever or something. what would i get from a LP tank that i wouldn't get from a HP tank?

Team Ramrod
08-01-2007, 03:07 PM
pritty much, all you get is less work for your inline reg. it doesn't have to work as hard to regulate the pressure down to the operating pressure. This can save on the life of the o-rings in your regulator. Other then that, these days, there isn't a great benefit.

08Lud08
08-01-2007, 05:29 PM
Having an LP tank probably wouldn't make much difference on o-ring life either because I haven't changed an o-ring in my reg in about 1 year using a HP tank and never had any problems. So its your choice really.