PDA

View Full Version : Whats a good mask?

Paintballadict18
07-26-2007, 07:38 PM
title says it all
ive never really hada great mask i always borrowed or rented then i bought a jt one just a regular run of the mill mask then sold it to my dad so now i wanna get a good mask that will last long and work great

pbfreak3221
07-26-2007, 07:43 PM
V-force makes a quality mask, judging on your price range you can pick between the Grillz, and the Profiler. I have owned both, and they have preformed amazingly. I haven't had much experiance with dye's but, they have a decent reputation. Personally I say go Profiler, or Grillz if you can.

Paintballadict18
07-26-2007, 07:44 PM
yea im looking into the profiler i like the look lol

pb34
07-26-2007, 07:46 PM
There are so many great masks out there it really comes down to personal preference. One mask may fit your face perfectly and might be extremely uncomfortable to someone else. I know this isn't the answer you want to hear but your best bet is to go to your local shop and try them all on and see which you like best. Personally, I own a V-force Profiler and love it. It is nice and light and very comfortable. It is also very easy to remove the lens. I hear the Grillz are nice as well. There are also many other options out there.

Hope this helps a bit.

Paintballadict18
07-26-2007, 07:53 PM
yea im gonna do that im gonna try this new local shop i called a while ago for a price check on the vs3 (wich was pointless cuz no one here can beat online prices) anyways he has a field wich i never knew about and its 5$ cheeper to get into than the one i go to and the first air refill free!! but no one goes there?? well not a lot of people they all go to the other ones haha so im gonna go to his shop tell him ill go to his field and bring more peeps and make friends with him and get a deal. i hope i made sence in all that when i type i dont think about grammar and stuff but u get the point...

pb34
07-26-2007, 07:55 PM
yea im gonna do that im gonna try this new local shop i called a while ago for a price check on the vs3 (wich was pointless cuz no one here can beat online prices) anyways he has a field wich i never knew about and its 5$ cheeper to get into than the one i go to and the first air refill free!! but no one goes there?? well not a lot of people they all go to the other ones haha so im gonna go to his shop tell him ill go to his field and bring more peeps and make friends with him and get a deal. i hope i made sence in all that when i type i dont think about grammar and stuff but u get the point...

Haha. Tell him you'll be a walking billboard for his field if he gives you a sweet deal on a new mask. :D

Paintballadict18
07-26-2007, 08:01 PM
Haha. Tell him you'll be a walking billboard for his field if he gives you a sweet deal on a new mask. :D

hahaha i will

Sandman_Bravo
07-27-2007, 02:43 AM
V-Force FTW.

Paintballadict18
07-27-2007, 03:14 AM
i love ur enthusiasm

paintballkid0206
07-27-2007, 04:49 AM
profilers are nice. i have a pair, and i will never buy a different mask. love em

droptop92
07-28-2007, 03:39 PM
I like my proflex, get them cheap, good vision, really light, really easy to breath out of, pads are comfortable, little bit of echo when talking but not much.

paintballkid0206
07-29-2007, 12:50 PM
I like my proflex, get them cheap, good vision, really light, really easy to breath out of, pads are comfortable, little bit of echo when talking but not much.

the profilers are like that, but there is really no echo.

Ace24
07-29-2007, 04:15 PM
profilers are nice. i have a pair, and i will never buy a different mask. love em
I agree. The only other mask I would even consider is a Proflex/ Flex 7.

I haven't found a mask yet that is comforable to me compared to the Profiler and the viewing radius is top of the line. You can't beat how easy it is to change lenses and clean either. You can even pop out the strap and throw it in the wash with the rest of your gear.

Heck, look what I've done with mine:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/100_2997.jpg

They also have Love/Hate pistols on the lense now too... and this just showes how customisable they are.

paintballkid0206
07-29-2007, 07:03 PM
are those profilers with JT flex ear thingys! thats awesome! pm me some pics. absolutely luv em ill post some pics of my profielrs soon

Ace24
07-29-2007, 07:11 PM
I have a thread showing my masks:

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=11935

This also might help the desision of which mask to get. I also have a Morph in there, which is also VERY similar to a Profiler(uses the same lense and is shaped similar) but has full bounce rubber and is a little larger.

Ibuildmyguns
07-30-2007, 10:20 AM
I like my JT elite that covers my entire head. Has a nice feel and metal comfort that my head is surrounded.
http://cgi.ebay.com/JT-Elite-Full-Headshield-Black-Paintball-Mask-Goggles_W0QQitemZ160141108054QQihZ006QQcategoryZ16 050QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

paintballkid0206
07-30-2007, 10:31 AM
i don't like full head masks. i rarely ever get hit in the back of the head ne ways. i just dont like how they feel

vikingshadow
07-30-2007, 10:34 AM
In all my years, I've NEVER been hit in the back of the head. If they get behind you without you knowing it, then you deserve the pain anyways! :p However, I have been shot on top my noggin before and that really hurts, but not enough for a full head thingy...

I'll continue to rock the profilers until they either fall apart or I'm required to get something different due to a professional contract of whatever.

pbfreak3221
07-30-2007, 10:35 AM
My first hit ever was right at the top of my melon, that left a welt for two weeks. However it two and a half years, it has not happened again.

paintballkid0206
07-30-2007, 10:40 AM
my friend and me and 2 other people were playing a game at our local field. it was 2 on 2 with 2 defending a castle and 2 attacking. me and my friend were attacking, we went around to get to the back door, and one of the other guys (with his new PMR) started rippping on us. shot me like 3 times (one in the back of the neck), and my friend 3 times in the same spot on the back of his neck. he had a headache the rest of the day.

Ibuildmyguns
07-30-2007, 11:27 AM
I am constantly getting hit in the head, face, and neck. Either the people I play against are a great shot or I have a paint magnet in my head.

applesauce
07-30-2007, 07:22 PM
just got a profiler, and i love it!

Ace24
07-30-2007, 07:58 PM
In all my years, I've NEVER been hit in the back of the head. If they get behind you without you knowing it, then you deserve the pain anyways! :p However, I have been shot on top my noggin before and that really hurts, but not enough for a full head thingy...

I'll continue to rock the profilers until they either fall apart or I'm required to get something different due to a professional contract of whatever.
I've been shot in the back of the head at point blank range by a 10 yr old ON MY TEAM before... That sucked.

I am constantly getting hit in the head, face, and neck. Either the people I play against are a great shot or I have a paint magnet in my head.

Or you need to practice keeping your head not so available for hitting. Tuck in after shooting.

Paintballadict18
07-30-2007, 11:15 PM
i got shot in the neck before and some of the shell got stuck in my neck and looked like a hickie so my hole family made fun of me...:(

brsport102
07-31-2007, 07:55 PM
umm id say a good paintball mask is one that keeps u safe :P why buy a 90 + dolor one when u can buy one for like 30-50 dolors... thats just as good maybe not as good of a brand name but ya ... ima actually getting a purdy nice proto red and black mask for 40 dolors..

here a pic of it
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z116/sport102/020-104-0008.jpg

droptop92
07-31-2007, 08:17 PM
i got shot in the neck before and some of the shell got stuck in my neck and looked like a hickie so my hole family made fun of me...:(

I think we have all been there.:( Went for a superman into the snake and, bam from the 50 line. Thats why I wear a redz neck protector.

I heard the profiler lense was a pain to get out, and the rubber doesn't get many bounces, how long has the foam lasted in your profilers? I will say that I saw a bounce off the profiler ear in person at a tourney with good paint so maybe they do get bounces.

bigred76
07-31-2007, 09:07 PM
Profilers don't bounce quite as well as Proflexes, but they do have a reasonable bounce. I use my Vantages all the time, and I can't count how many times I have gotten bounces off them! Profiler's lenses are probably the easiest lenses to get out except the E-Ventz and Grillz. If you have a problem taking out one of their lenses... dayum...

Nah 85
07-31-2007, 10:55 PM
gameface skulls ftw!

Paintballadict18
08-01-2007, 01:09 AM
i looked at the skull it looks alright it doesnt fit me though lol the profiler is my #1 choice right now

Maxx-Damage
08-01-2007, 04:57 AM
Is the mask for speedball? Or woodsball? I felt like asking.

brsport102-its dollars, not dolors...

newkid
08-01-2007, 04:59 AM
yeah, im pretty sure all Vforce lenses are easy to get out, you cant go wrong with vforce

vikingshadow
08-01-2007, 06:42 AM
I heard the profiler lense was a pain to get out, and the rubber doesn't get many bounces, how long has the foam lasted in your profilers? I will say that I saw a bounce off the profiler ear in person at a tourney with good paint so maybe they do get bounces.

You heard wrong. The profiler lens is the easiest lens I've ever taken off. Remove the retaining clip, slide the lens out, clean it, slide it back in, put the clip back in again. 3 seconds to do it all (except clean.) The person who told you that must not have opposable thumbs!

I've gotten bounces on my profiler many times. No complaints from me on that. I've had my profilers more than 3 years now, and the foam is every bit as good as when I bought them new. Is that considered lasting? I don't see why people complain about foam on masks not lasting - what are they doing, picking at it?

A mask is the most important thing to own in paintball. You MUST make sure it's a comfortable fit and gives you all the options you need and want. To do this, you have to try them on first to find comfort and if it will fit securely.

brsport102
08-01-2007, 07:14 PM
dolors,dollars what ever lol..

applesauce
08-02-2007, 07:53 AM
one thing about the profilers though, is that if you leave paint on the lens for any extended period of time (2 hours or so) it will stain the lens. i left a little paint around the edge of the lens and now it has a pink hue to it that i cant get off. it doesnt affect my vision because its right on the edge, but if you leave any in your field of view, you'll notice. so keep both the lens and mask clean!

Chris Cole
08-02-2007, 09:29 AM
I couldn't agree with vike more. Your mask is the most important piece of kit you can buy. Go for fit, and remember you normally get what you pay for.

I've never liked the fit of the pro-flex, I can't wear dye/proto because my melon is too big. I loved my morphs, I tolerated my profilers and my E-vents are the greatest goggles on the planet.

Having said that, those are my perceptions. Go with what is most comfortable for you. Don't let me or anyone sway you on that.

vikingshadow
08-02-2007, 09:38 AM
What??? Is that....

CHRIS COLE!!!!!!! :bigshock: :bigshock: :bigshock: :bigshock:

Long time no see, brotha!

Ace24
08-02-2007, 09:50 AM
I think we have all been there.:( Went for a superman into the snake and, bam from the 50 line. Thats why I wear a redz neck protector.

I've had one Profiler for over 2 years and the other for around a year and the foam isn't even getting close to wearing down. (and I just both every weekend, twice a weekend for 8 hours or more)

They sell replacement foam now too...

Zero_webb
08-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Once before when i borrowed my friend's profiler I thought it was a lot easier to maintain than with my flex7, but personally I didn't think it was as comfortable. I've worn my sister's grill a number of times, but it seems to narrow in the middle for me, like it throws off my point of focus.

Just my two cents.

Paintballadict18
08-03-2007, 01:00 AM
this weekend im gonna ask my dad to take me to my local shop to try on some masks thanks for all u inputs

applesauce
08-04-2007, 06:49 AM
did you get your profiler yet?? 8-)

Oscum Guy
08-04-2007, 07:17 AM
proto and dye. easy to maintain, clean and very comfy. i got a proto switch and love it.

paintballkid0206
08-04-2007, 07:41 AM
did you get your profiler yet?? 8-)

lol. again, best mask i've ever worn. get em. they rock!

Paintballadict18
08-04-2007, 03:56 PM
not yet i couldnt go to my dads yesterday and today for personal reasons...

HeadShot
08-04-2007, 05:08 PM
I have a profiler. I also wear perscription eye glasses when I play. the eliptical lens on the profiler give room for my frames and a center focus. its comfortable, quick lens change, cleans quick. you can replace any part of the mask. (thats the most imporant reason)

befor I had a scott..and that was wayyyy back in the day. like the 90's.

applesauce
08-05-2007, 10:17 AM
i wont ever go back to a gasket lens insert. I use a Nvader thermal mask for reffing, and its got a few small cracks, once you get a crack in them, they are useless.

tater_salad
08-05-2007, 10:21 AM
I used my Profilers for the first time this weekend, a 24 Hour Scenario game in upper 90's the whole time and 100% Humidity never fogged once and they were VERY comfortable, great mask.

Paintballadict18
08-25-2007, 05:55 PM
i just tried on a profiler at my local shop and i didnt wanna leave without or take it off its so comfy lol my moms all happy cause it looks protective but when i gets some green it will be mine!!!!!!!!!!!! just thought u all should know :D

applesauce
08-26-2007, 07:34 AM
i knew he would get a profiler

whiteboy
08-29-2007, 04:35 PM
empire e-vents is the best mask i have ever used its comfortable and has great vision and is low profile

Drefish99
08-29-2007, 04:52 PM
I've gotten a ton of mad bounce off my Events.

vortech05
08-30-2007, 09:00 PM
I was in the same boat as you, iv had a few different masks through the years but never a great one so i wanted to upgrade. i didnt want to get too pricey so i went for a vents mask with the thermal lense, great looks/ good quality/ never fogs up and anyone can afford them cause they are only around $35 good luck!

jbtoronto
08-31-2007, 04:08 AM
here's a good mask-full cover - camo

http://www.specialopspaintball.com/brigade/main.asp

http://www.specialopspaintball.com/brigade/main.asp

JT 8

Tyler_ACS
09-06-2007, 03:22 PM
I just bought a JT Axiom FX-10-gray

chnk
09-07-2007, 08:43 AM
v-force profiler ftw bought it for $40 never looked back on this decision, huge bubble lens for some good ass veiw plus it fits over my glasses perfectly,

the lens never fogs up and the mask looks great

09-07-2007, 12:58 PM
speaking of masks
I just bought a flex 8 from work for $20 new
it was the last one and it was mislabled and given the price of a jt radar, I believe
there loss my gain :)
too bad it's the camo version
can I get a high five!

interceptorMR2
09-07-2007, 03:46 PM
I use a PCS 20/20 jungle camouflage mask, which has a thermal lense and a goggle fan. works great for me cuz i fog up masks very easily, but the mask itself is about 50-60 dollars. its a great mask for the price