PDA

View Full Version : xtra 06 airline question

mikegetz
07-24-2007, 01:41 PM
ok, i have been looking for this all day, but i can't seem to find it -

what is the threading on the stock spyder air lines? i know it's metric ... but that's all i can find out about it.
i have a lapco staggered-to-inline asa adapter, and a 1/8 NPT threaded ASA that i want to use, and need a thread adapter to make it work.
i really dont want to spend 10 bucks online and pay for shipping to boot if this is something i can pick up at the hardware store.

i run on a remote, and losing the drop would really be a lot more comfortable. i got the asa and the adapter in a "box-o-stuff" on ebay, which included a 14" bigshot barrel, a clamping feed, and lots of other junk.

Griff
07-27-2007, 10:33 PM
hardware stores are a good friend to a paint baller. I like using the brass fitting.

Critical
07-28-2007, 05:27 AM
Hardware store. I'm always taking fittings and lines and stuff in just to figure out the threadings. They should have a board or something that you can try to screw stuff into to find the right size. Smaller hardware stores (Ace, local stores, etc) seem to be better than the big box stores like Home Depot or Lowes.

mikegetz
07-29-2007, 01:54 PM
unfortunately, lowes put the local ace's out of business a few years back.

however, the owner of the field/nursery i usually play at had both a male metric to female 1/8 npt adaptor and a 1/8 braided hose 1.5" longer than my stock one.

i screwed the adaptor onto the x-chamber end of the line, and straight into the new ASA with a little ptfe tape, and she was good all day.

the asa and the lapco adaptor both have about a 7 degree angle to them, and the block only drops the asa about an inch. makes the remote feel a bit less fumbly.

i started out with the block on backwards, to cancel the angle on the ASA - was ok, but the remote line kept hitting my wrist when i would get in tight. flipped it around, and then i had about a 15 deg angle to it, and it was out of my way, and my profile was a good 3 inches shorter.