PDA

View Full Version : Do they make a magazine/clip

SkinWalk3r
07-24-2007, 06:10 AM
My first time here. And MY FIRST PB gun. Never played it before I am excited.

Anyway..does anyone know if they make a clip/magazine to replace the handgrip on the MR2

Eric4Lego
07-24-2007, 06:39 AM
Trinity paintball makes an AK47 one specifically made for the MR2.

http://www.trinitypaintball.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TR41

wylde01
07-24-2007, 06:39 AM
the only thing that they make that i know of is the ak-47 ex chamber from trinity. it looks like a clip but it does not hold rounds or anything.

SkinWalk3r
07-24-2007, 06:48 AM
oh ! I was hoping for an M4- m16 type thingy ...

Eric4Lego
07-24-2007, 06:05 PM
I just saw this online today and was wondering what anyone else thought of it. A Warrior Paintball M16 or AK47 magazine expansion chamber kit for only $40.

http://www.warriorpaintball.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=71

has anyone had any experience with it? is it any good?

badmagic
07-25-2007, 05:31 AM
Will this work? http://www.trinitypaintball.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TR+109

ViperX
07-25-2007, 01:39 PM
Trinity makes the best product(clip) specifically for the MR2.

The other links to products posted in the previous posts have ASA fittings and will work on the MR2 but will not look right as they will screw into the adaptor, sit about 1 inch away from the marker and not flush with the marker itself. Trinity's product fits fluch with the marker and looks like it belongs.

Trinity should make an M16 style clip, since most of the other products for the MR2 have the same style. Also it would be nice for trinity to make a hollow mag-clip that will enable some of us HPA users to have a clip and still fit a decent reg inside it instead of only having a choice of a CO2 designed expansion chamber on a marker that is unstoppable with a high ROF and HPA.

I swear I should get hired on as a marketing rep....then we actually get some awesome products. Makes me wonder if our PB manufacturers even play the game anymore.....

wylde01
07-25-2007, 02:23 PM
i use the trinity ex-chamber on my mr2 and i use nothing but HPA.

DRAGON
07-25-2007, 06:47 PM
Trinity makes the best product........

The other links to products posted in the previous posts have ASA fittings and will work on the MR2 but will not look right as they will screw into the adaptor, sit about 1 inch away from the marker and not flush with the marker itself. Trinity's product fits fluch with the marker and looks like it belongs......

Besides a few milling differences, I don't see much difference between the two. They both have male ASA's so I'm lost in what you see as different besides the Trinity one costs twice as much lol -

ViperX
07-26-2007, 05:53 AM
Dragon,

The fitting at the base of the receiver on the marker is not an ASA fitting. that's the difference. The other products listed here show a standard ASA fitting that will fit into the stock adapter on the marker, but the mag/clip will sit about an inch below the marker and will not be flush with the receiver. Sorry but I don't want my milsim marker looking like it was put together by a 2 year old.

Trinity makes one specifically for the MR2 for a reason, it doesn't have a male ASA fitting.
http://www.anythingxtreme.com/Trinity-Paintball-Spyder-MR2-6-Stage-AK-47-MagazineExpansion-Chamber-P15238C1065.aspx <<<<NOT AN ASA FITTING. PERIOD.

Go ahead and buy the cheaper one if you don't care how it's going to look.

DRAGON
07-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Panties in a bind perhaps?

http://www.trinitypaintball.com/photos/TR%20109-2.jpg

http://www.warriorpaintball.com/photos/EXPANSION-M16-2.jpg

Up until this point, those are the E/C's I saw. Both Trinity and Warrior are basically the same thing, the Trinity at twice the cost. :rolleyes: The link you posted is basically the same as well with the exception of the adapter. Maybe someone should e-mail Warrior and tell them to add the 25 cent adapter to theirs so everyone can get essentially the same thing at 1/2 the cost. ;)

Far as these E/C's go, I wouldn't spend even $40 on one of these because you'd need to remove the great looking foregrip Kingman has integrated into the MR2 design at no extra cost at all. But to each his own I suppose -

ViperX
07-26-2007, 03:48 PM
Your totally missing the point Dragon.

Adding an adaptor to the ASA lowers the entire chamber and it will look retarded. Haven't you seen what an MR2 looks like when someone has done that? It looks ridiculous when the magazine looks like its being held on by a tube. Trinity costs more because unlike most markers(milled directly for an ASA fitting) it's made for a specific marker. Blame Kingman for that one.

Personally I don't own anything that says trinity, just trying to put the information our there before someone goes the cheap route, realizes it looks like crap and end up spending even more money when they realize it takes buying the trinity product to achieve the milsim look they want. Only other way around it is to make some kind of magazine shroud to cover up how ugly it will look when there is a huge gap between the magazine and the marker itself.

Do I need to draw a picture for you?

DRAGON
07-26-2007, 04:42 PM
Your totally missing the point Dragon.

Do I need to draw a picture for you?

I'll compose a small book for you.....

If you simply put the small adapter from the Trinity E/C that makes it fit the MR's on the Warrior version, you have basically the same thing. That was partially the point of my last post that you so arrogantly seemed to have bypassed. The 2 E/C's in the pics that I posted are basically the same thing from different company's at a 2:1 price ratio. I didn't mention a thing about purchasing the E/C's with the male ASA's.......you did - :rolleyes:

I don't blame a thing on Kingman since they've styled a great MilSim marker for enthusiasts just the way it is. You make it sound as though you think they should work around the aftermarket, not the opposite. A lil bass ackwards thinking if I may so denote? -

**Think about that for a while**

Now please.......take your little self-induced crusade down the road per se to debate with someone that welcomes your obstinately antagonistic attitude -

ViperX
07-26-2007, 04:56 PM
For sake of the post, I'll let the writing on the wall speak for itself.

You've proved yourself well, it will show.