PDA

View Full Version : Can everyones finger really move that fast?

Elfmaze
07-23-2007, 05:58 PM
I'm a bass player so i would concider myself to have pretty good finger movement. I can do an occasional string of rounds at high speed but no way can i lay down 200 rounds of superfast consistantly timed shots. not to mention doing it while running around or snap shootign out of a bunker.

Am i missing something? Can all these players out there really be that good at walking there triggers? I was watching a game trying to read peoples movement and i was blown away by the clean rate of fire these kids were putting down.

ttam13xlpb
07-23-2007, 06:05 PM
might have been ramping

VS3 Sniper
07-23-2007, 06:21 PM
Yea prolly had rampin on.

vikingshadow
07-23-2007, 06:34 PM
I've got slow fingers - probably most I can shoot and sustain consistantly is 13-14 bps, and that's probably for no more than 5-8 seconds at a time. I can probably burst up to 17-18 in 4-5 shots at a time, but never much more than that. Most average to above average players are probably the same way. You ever notice you don't see pro's just railing on a gun? A lot of them aren't that fast because fast isn't what gets the job done most of the time.

I have a teammate who can shoot MEGA fast, though. I'd say he's consistantly hitting 17-18 bps at a steady rate, but it's hard to say just by listening. His Ego said it was 26 at one time, but I happen to know that's physically impossible without some kind of assistance. (I asked an A&P prof once, and he explained something about length of ligaments, looseness, etc...I stopped listening pretty much after he said, "It's impossible because..."

I will say, though, that some guns when set up correctly can freaking fly! Also, be aware that you can't really judge bps by sight or listening. There was a program around once (but I can't find it anymore) that played different speeds and my guessing was ALWAYS MUCH higher than the actual thing.

Xyxyll
07-23-2007, 06:43 PM
I would just like to confirm vikingshadow's statements. It takes a lot of talent to consistently spit out high rates of fire. After eight years of playing, I can only do short bursts of 13-15bps. A friend of mine though, who has been playing violin and mandolin since he was a kid, can rip unbelievably fast and consistent rates of fire. It sounds like a buzz when he's toying around with my test frames.

paintballkid0206
07-23-2007, 07:06 PM
prolly ramping. you can get really good if you play alot. the only way i sound fast, is cuz my pilot bounces alot.

Kenny_McCormic
07-23-2007, 07:47 PM
the only truely accurate way to read bps is goldwave

Nenkitsune
07-23-2007, 07:49 PM
I can consistantly shoot 15bps with bursts up to 18. The big red chrono said so. I unloaded my q-pod on my em1 at 15bps, and I did a quick 4 shot burst at 18bps once. I think it's because I play a game on the computer called Stepmania. It'd Dance Dance Revolution for the computer using the keyboard. I'm wicked fast at that.

Kenny_McCormic
07-23-2007, 07:50 PM
the only truly accurate way to read bps is goldwave

Nenkitsune
07-23-2007, 08:01 PM
I suppose. Whenever I get my gear in i'm doing a few tests as far as speed goes. one of them is seeing just how fast a qloader can shoot (free cycle test with a spyder capable of 40+ the other is just to see how fast i can shoot my em-1.

Elfmaze
07-23-2007, 08:05 PM
i didn't know what goldwave is quite yet(guessing it is like a beat sensor proram?). but i used my computers wav file viewer to tap out a rythem with my fingers on the table as fast as i could. i got about 8-10 taps per second average.

So all those people making fun of other people for being "slow" is because most are using electronics to do the job?

Kenny_McCormic
07-23-2007, 08:19 PM
goldwave is an audio editor with a big adjustable display you can stretch it out so you can see the individual shots and then count how many in a second. Google it

vikingshadow
07-23-2007, 09:48 PM
Goldwave is a good program for this. However, I don't know about you other guys, but whenever I decide to video myself shooting, or know someone is checking for for speed or whatever, I can't shoot fast for crap. It's only when I'm totally focused on a game and someone catches me shooting that my true speed (or lack, thereof) shows up.

Because of this, I don't consider any program really and truly accurate unless it's an average of several different tapings. Oh, and another thing. NEVER trust those big red chronos. I tournament capped my Virtue board (during a tournament, duh!) which is 15.4 bps and went to chrono. It told me I was shooting in the 20's! Several other red chronos have been totally inaccurate as well.

big_daddy_d
07-23-2007, 09:55 PM
one shot one kill is how I see it... spraying down the field is fun too at times...

Nenkitsune
07-23-2007, 10:03 PM
Goldwave is a good program for this. However, I don't know about you other guys, but whenever I decide to video myself shooting, or know someone is checking for for speed or whatever, I can't shoot fast for crap. It's only when I'm totally focused on a game and someone catches me shooting that my true speed (or lack, thereof) shows up.

Because of this, I don't consider any program really and truly accurate unless it's an average of several different tapings. Oh, and another thing. NEVER trust those big red chronos. I tournament capped my Virtue board (during a tournament, duh!) which is 15.4 bps and went to chrono. It told me I was shooting in the 20's! Several other red chronos have been totally inaccurate as well.
the big red chrono at our feild was dead accurate. I set my em-1 to shoot 20bps full auto, and that's what the chrono said it did. the i set it to do i belive 13bps, and that's what the chrono said it did.

Elfmaze
07-23-2007, 10:07 PM
i like a quick burst. three rounds per kill unless its a nice close shot. no sense in waiting a good shot :)

vikingshadow
07-23-2007, 10:35 PM
the big red chrono at our feild was dead accurate. I set my em-1 to shoot 20bps full auto, and that's what the chrono said it did. the i set it to do i belive 13bps, and that's what the chrono said it did.

I've shot over 4 - 5 different big red chronos at that many different fields - every single one of them were inaccurate by at least 5 and as much as 15. But, I'm sure there are more than just 4 - 5 red chronos out there, so maybe they just suck here in OK and KS, LOL!

Nenkitsune
07-23-2007, 10:47 PM
Haha, could be, could be. The chrono's at our feild look nasty as hell cause they're a bit old, but they're pretty damn accurate. Both of them read the same FPS, but only one could do a bps measurement. I tested it at 10-13-20 bps full auto and it was dead on, so I decided to actually test straight semi. I'm pretty suprised that I can do 15 steady. It was even easier to do it on my friends Empre2 Timmy...such a wonderful trigger on that gun haha

Kenny_McCormic
07-23-2007, 11:35 PM
I suppose. Whenever I get my gear in i'm doing a few tests as far as speed goes. one of them is seeing just how fast a qloader can shoot (free cycle test with a spyder capable of 40+ the other is just to see how fast i can shoot my em-1.
did that qloader actually keep up? if it didnt i gues its back to the drawing board to feed this monster i call the minigun

Nenkitsune
07-23-2007, 11:42 PM
I haven't done the test yet. I said whenever I get my gear shipped out to NC I'll test it. I already know I have the parts to make a 40-50cps spyder (assault block, ndz valve/pin, light striker, lightning bolt with no cocking knob etc..)
It's just a matter of getting good paint and a good area to test it.

Oscum Guy
07-24-2007, 07:59 AM
on my spimmy vid i was shooting a consistent 13. but the trigger spring was waaaay to firm. now i can shoot faster with my critical trigger and magnet.

i really want a gun with an opti switch tho. waiting for the protege.

Kenny_McCormic
07-24-2007, 09:52 AM
I haven't done the test yet. I said whenever I get my gear shipped out to NC I'll test it. I already know I have the parts to make a 40-50cps spyder (assault block, ndz valve/pin, light striker, lightning bolt with no cocking knob etc..)
It's just a matter of getting good paint and a good area to test it.
mine does 43 its the setup in my sig but with a modded sear

xSoulsx
07-24-2007, 01:19 PM
I can to a consistant 16 bps for about ....5 seconds...

Paradox313
07-24-2007, 01:36 PM
Right hand, 15-17 consistant

Left Hand, 5-9 consistant(no joke)

I've been practicing and trying to get a rhythm, but i'm still slow on the left hand.:(

xSoulsx
07-25-2007, 07:18 AM
I've been practicing and trying to get a rhythm, but i'm still slow on the left hand.:(

Lol, I try to practice with my left hand....But ..I can't shoot 7 bps trying

vikingshadow
07-25-2007, 07:45 AM
I'm right handed and actually shoot faster with my left hand. On breakouts, I prefer shooting left handed because of how much faster I am with it. Not only am I faster with it, I'm much more consistent with it as well.

It's weird, I know.

Elfmaze
07-25-2007, 08:51 AM
Ok i whipped out the dj equipment. recorded a finger tap. 9 Beats per sec right, 14 left. I guess its indeed possible.
BTW i'm right handed

I have recorded an audio file if someone can verify it for me, just don't know how to send it. its a wave

Tito=PBL
07-25-2007, 10:22 AM
I'm right handed and actually shoot faster with my left hand. On breakouts, I prefer shooting left handed because of how much faster I am with it. Not only am I faster with it, I'm much more consistent with it as well.

It's weird, I know.

same here. i am a righty but my left is more consistent and a little faster then my right. it is funny.
i can lay a string of paint at the speed of 16-17 bps for a burst of about 5 seconds. and i can do a constant rate of 14is.

Nenkitsune
07-25-2007, 09:30 PM
I just goldwaved myself doing 15bps tapping on the table. THE PROBLEM is that I didn't have my mic loud enough so I didn't get good peaking on the recording, BUT what I did instead, was I slowed it down and counted how many taps per second. It's just as accurate since I slowed it down to like .03/1 haha. I could very easily count how many taps there were per second. i did it for about 10 seconds and for 1 second I did 16 and for another i did 14, but for the rest it was a solid 15

Ace24
07-25-2007, 10:14 PM
mine does 43 its the setup in my sig but with a modded sear
...:dodgy:
Right..

brsport102
07-25-2007, 11:26 PM
hah i use a semi auto with no electronics at all i can shoot purdy fast maybe 10-16 bpc :P

Nenkitsune
07-26-2007, 12:16 AM
8-10 tops unless it's pneumatic......

Voodoo27909
07-26-2007, 12:45 AM
I can actually get 25 finger taps a second on my desk....as long as I am trying to do something online, and the wife is nagging me about having to do something out in the yrd today!!!:D

vikingshadow
07-26-2007, 07:12 AM
hah i use a semi auto with no electronics at all i can shoot purdy fast maybe 10-16 bpc :P

Sorry - gotta call BS on that. With no electronics at all? Suuuurrrreeeeeee. Do a real vid of you shooting fast and goldwave it. THEN I'll believe you! I question ANYONE who says that without proof. Sorry, I'm skeptical by nature, but when it comes to that stiff spyder mech trigger pull, I need proof of any claim above 10 bps...

I can see MAYBE 6-8. That's straight semi, mech.

Theheroguy
07-26-2007, 08:12 AM
I can shoot 14-16 bps but then again I play the trumpet and that requires faster fingers than paintball

vwjimmy
07-26-2007, 08:40 AM
I can shoot 28-30 bps with either hand, on the run or in any static position.........
!POOF!....I woke up.......
;)

Tito=PBL
07-26-2007, 03:35 PM
I can shoot 28-30 bps with either hand, on the run or in any static position.........
!POOF!....I woke up.......
;)

i thought you were going to say ramping. lol

with a regular mech gun i can get like 6-9 bps. 16 bps with a mech gun is like vike said BS. your pretty good if you can get 16 with and electric gun.

HelpDeskHustler
07-26-2007, 03:52 PM
the best i got out of a mech was like 12bps. i had to mod the frame and spring like mad though.

Opteron-O3
07-26-2007, 04:59 PM
With a comfortable trigger I can easily rip fast. My average was about 15bps, but have spiked 18bps(might be bounce).

leed
07-26-2007, 05:49 PM
i thought you were going to say ramping. lol

with a regular mech gun i can get like 6-9 bps. 16 bps with a mech gun is like vike said BS. your pretty good if you can get 16 with and electric gun.

Pneumag anyone?

I can pull 14-15 Max.. :(

leed
07-26-2007, 05:54 PM
I've got slow fingers - probably most I can shoot and sustain consistantly is 13-14 bps, and that's probably for no more than 5-8 seconds at a time. I can probably burst up to 17-18 in 4-5 shots at a time, but never much more than that. Most average to above average players are probably the same way. You ever notice you don't see pro's just railing on a gun? A lot of them aren't that fast because fast isn't what gets the job done most of the time.

I have a teammate who can shoot MEGA fast, though. I'd say he's consistantly hitting 17-18 bps at a steady rate, but it's hard to say just by listening. His Ego said it was 26 at one time, but I happen to know that's physically impossible without some kind of assistance. (I asked an A&P prof once, and he explained something about length of ligaments, looseness, etc...I stopped listening pretty much after he said, "It's impossible because..."

I will say, though, that some guns when set up correctly can freaking fly! Also, be aware that you can't really judge bps by sight or listening. There was a program around once (but I can't find it anymore) that played different speeds and my guessing was ALWAYS MUCH higher than the actual thing.

Well, here's the catch with the Ego. The Ego's boards can record the PEAK Pulls Per Second. As well as the Average. The AVERAGE measures X pulls in 1 second. The PEAK, however, measures the time between any two pulls, and calculates how many shots in a second that would be if it were consistently pulled for a second. So, in that case, it is not difficult at all to hit 49PPS from walking, with the display having PEAK ROF.

MVS1
07-26-2007, 06:06 PM
I love players that spray paint...it is fun to bunker them while they reload:devil:

vikingshadow
07-26-2007, 06:08 PM
Well, here's the catch with the Ego. The Ego's boards can record the PEAK Pulls Per Second. As well as the Average. The AVERAGE measures X pulls in 1 second. The PEAK, however, measures the time between any two pulls, and calculates how many shots in a second that would be if it were consistently pulled for a second. So, in that case, it is not difficult at all to hit 49PPS from walking, with the display having PEAK ROF.

Yeah, I kind of figured it was something like that. He did, too. It was pretty cool to see that on the LCD, though!