PDA

View Full Version : Side screws and rust

Paintball_Freak
07-23-2007, 02:23 AM
ok on the side of the body of the new pilot acs (2005) there is one silver skrew, one each side.

when i was dry firing (no air, no balls nothing) i realised that air escapes from there. does it do this on all pilots?

also i opened the whole marker and in the expansion chamber, there was a lot of rust but only under the hole where the gas comes in (must be where the liquid CO2 sits before it expands)

what can i do about this

Sandman_Bravo
07-23-2007, 03:19 AM
Are you referring to the set pin on the trigger frame that holds the trigger in place, or the pin that holds the valve assembly? In either case, it is a small pin with no screw head (phillips, standard, allen) correct? If it is the one slightly below the detents on the main body, it's the pin that holds the valve in place. It should be a tight (transitional) fit, and even though gas passes by it internally; it shouldn't leak- at least not noticeably.

Paintball_Freak
07-23-2007, 05:59 AM
its the one on the main body, not the trigger. and it only does this on one side

Kenny_McCormic
07-23-2007, 10:19 AM
its ok for a little to come from there

Paintball_Freak
07-23-2007, 10:46 AM
i though at first maybe it act like a QEV???

Kenny_McCormic
07-23-2007, 05:14 PM
no its nothing like a qev
http://www.ottersccustoms.com/images/spyder-an.gif
see how the valve works and how it spits gas out the back of the valve to recock the gun? well that pin is just behind the valve and its just pressed in one side so it leaks a little when the gun recocks. Its nothing to worry about most spyders do it