PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on bob long torpedo reg.

bungeye
02-02-2006, 06:17 PM
hey i am thinking of buying this reguator and i was wondering wat you guys think about it. i have read reviews but sme people say its real good sme say its a hunk of junk.

QAZ123
02-02-2006, 06:35 PM
I've got one on my timmy and I see nothing but good out of it!

JB.

DRAGON
02-02-2006, 06:41 PM
This is what I've vicariously gathered from other's experiences on this and other forums: It's not that it's the worse you could get but it's certainly not the best or near best. If you're looking for something relatively cheap, it's not bad. It can handle C02 and HPA both relatively well. Because it's pressure rating is about 600psi, it's not the best for HP or LP Spyders. I have seen plenty of instances where people have had concerns with the Torp. They need to be torn down and cleaned with Dow33 specifically on a regular basis. That is if you don't want probs with it. I always suggest the Palmer's stab if using C02 and/or HPA, a much better choice IMHO. If you want total junk, look at PE regs lol -

*EM1-Master*
02-02-2006, 07:56 PM
They work great with HPA... Alright with CO2... And I think someone *cough* me *cough* has one that he's not using... Lemme know if you decide to get one... I can hook you up...

durrell
02-02-2006, 09:28 PM
I loved mine, never failed me. I didn't lube it hardly ever either and it never went down..great reg if you ask me.

bungeye
02-02-2006, 09:35 PM
I always suggest the Palmer's stab

out of the bob long torpedo nd the palmers stablizer, wat is eaiser to maintain

geeZus
02-02-2006, 10:37 PM
Palmers is definately easier to maintain on a spyder. It takes the same oil as a spyder, so you just drops some oil in the ASA and fire. The Torpedo is easy to maintain though also. You unscrew it, clean the internals and relube them. It takes all of 5 minutes.

DRAGON
02-03-2006, 12:02 AM
Palmers is definately easier to maintain on a spyder. It takes the same oil as a spyder, so you just drops some oil in the ASA and fire.......

What he say'd just be sure to remove the barrel first. Can't get any easier than that. The Palmer's sports a lifetime warranty as well and it can output pressures of 800psi -

vikingshadow
02-03-2006, 04:39 AM
I never had a problem with my Torpedo. I actually have considered moving it to my Shocker several times. It's VERY easy to maintain and is very consistant.

Never used a Palmer's though my teammates have them. They like them as much as Drago there.....

FredPo
02-03-2006, 06:50 AM
Like everyone said, it's reliable if you take care of it. And if you do run CO2 through it, anti-siphon your CO2 tank to keep the reg running longer.

Fred

DFSniper
02-03-2006, 07:08 AM
believe it or not, i've had mine for a year and never had the chance to use it (long story, dont get me started) but hopefully tomorrow will change all that!

DexGtr
02-03-2006, 07:23 AM
Bob Long Torp. meh. :lipsrsealed: had it didn't like it, but that's just me...but i remember when almost everybody had torps on their spydes.....alot of people were having problems with it.

i'd suggest getting the palmers instead....you don't want to skimp on your reg