PDA

View Full Version : These are the questions that haunt me

paintballkid0206
07-21-2007, 05:33 PM
I've always wondered about this, and now i'm gonna ask. When you turn an electric marker on, take it off safe, and pull the trigger with it uncocked, it makes a clicking noise. is there a name for that action? i call it clicking, cuz i know it's not dry firing, cuz that's Co2 only. just wondering

Team Ramrod
07-21-2007, 06:16 PM
It's just clicking the 'noid. That's all I've ever called it, or heard it called.

Critical
07-21-2007, 06:28 PM
I don't know that the type of gas makes a difference. For an electronic blowback like a Spyder or clone, that's just dry firing AFAIK, An EP marker wouldn't do anything without air of some sort.

paintballkid0206
07-21-2007, 06:52 PM
I don't know that the type of gas makes a difference. For an electronic blowback like a Spyder or clone, that's just dry firing AFAIK, An EP marker wouldn't do anything without air of some sort.

ok... i only got like half of what you said. lol

vikingshadow
07-21-2007, 07:29 PM
The clicking would actually be firing if you had it gassed up. The noid is actuating (performing it's intended purpose) and would be moving the bolt/striker combination forward otherwise. Most people don't call it anything. Just pulling the trigger with the power on.

By the way, noids and microswitches DO have a limited lifetime. Granted, it's a rather long life, but just doing that constantly isn't necessarily the best thing you can do to it. Also, the battery drain is equal to shooting with air so you're draining your batteries as well. Best to practice walking WITHOUT the power on. Just an FYI!

wylde01
07-21-2007, 07:53 PM
By the way, noids and microswitches DO have a limited lifetime. Granted, it's a rather long life, but just doing that constantly isn't necessarily the best thing you can do to it. Also, the battery drain is equal to shooting with air so you're draining your batteries as well. Best to practice walking WITHOUT the power on. Just an FYI!

i think about this everytime that i practice walking the trigger or do some adjustments to it, but i still do it anyways. i guess i always figure that as soon as something bad happens to my marker i will just buy a different one to mess up:D