PDA

View Full Version : PMR eating orings

MVS1
07-21-2007, 04:59 PM
One of my teammates picked up a PMR not too long ago and with the exception of one oring its been rock solid. Has any other PMR owners had this issue? The oring in question is the one that goes between the bolt and the manifold, oring #5 on page 9 in the owners manual.
http://www.dyeprecision.com/manuals/PMR_Manual.pdf

He is planning on picking up the orange bolt, and I am wondering if this will help resolve the oring failure issue.

Thanks in advance.

Tito=PBL
07-21-2007, 05:57 PM
i have the same exact oring pop off of my PMR. it has pop of like four times and when it comes of the gun leaks BIG. it drains the tank in like 3-5 seconds.
the only way it stays on for a good a mount of time for me is when i change the ring and lube the crap out of it. also if the volicity is too high that oring tends to pop of incuding oring #9 (i think #9)
so turning the presure down (volocity) and lubing well solves the problem for me!
i dont think the orange bolt will make much of a difference though!

vikingshadow
07-21-2007, 07:26 PM
The orange bolt won't help. From what I've read, it's worthless and a waste of money. There are no aftermarket bolts out at the moment that are worth it, so he'd be better off with the stock one. If it's a flaw in the bolt, he should send it to Dye and get a new one as the stock one is the best to have.

What is his velocity set at? That particular oring is a pain in the patooky to get back in!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/vikingshadow/PMRBolt.jpg

I had to change that one a couple of times - it never flew out, but I've heard that high pressure does make it come loosse. In my opinion, the orings that came with the gun are crap. Don't use them - ditch them and go buy some new ones. I haven't had one issue since then, and I was changing orings almost every time I relubed the gun (every time I played, almost!)

DRAGON
07-21-2007, 07:52 PM
.............. lubing well solves the problem for me!...........

That may very well be the basis of a lot of o-ring concerns. Don't really see how it could just pop out w/o the assistance of friction. I suppose I've been fortunate thus far with the o-ring thing. **knocks on wood** I've used a combination of Dow33 and silicone oil on mine same as I've always used on my Impulse. Dow33 on stationary seals and silicone oil on all moving parts. Frequency and amount used is a good thing to consider as well -

I concur on the bolt. Haven't seen one report of significant improvement on any of them available compared to the stock bolt -

MVS1
07-21-2007, 07:58 PM
it has not became unseated just doesnt last very long, velocity is ~280-285. i have tried to get him to lube it more often and liberally. vike i will let him know about the bolt, he is convinced that the delrin bolt will fix his problem, im not so convinced. do you have any leads on good replacement orings i could suggest? thanks.

funny thing was somebody asked him how he liked the rail and no sooner than he replied with its awesome, he noticed the leak. i got a good laugh out of it...he didnt see the humor in it though.:D

paintballer5646
07-21-2007, 08:27 PM
Does it leak out the front of the bolt when it comes off or is torn? I've never had mine come off in the time I've had the gun, but it's got a leak and I think that O-rings the problem on mine.

vikingshadow
07-21-2007, 08:41 PM
I get my orings from a local business here. I get them VERY cheap, ;) ...

I'm telling you, I firmly believe the orings Dye used in this gun were sub par. Everyone who's changed to orings from somewhere else have had no issues since.

MVS1
07-22-2007, 09:51 AM
I get my orings from a local business here. I get them VERY cheap, ;) ...
share the love brother:D

MVS1
07-22-2007, 09:53 AM
Does it leak out the front of the bolt when it comes off or is torn? I've never had mine come off in the time I've had the gun, but it's got a leak and I think that O-rings the problem on mine.
its first noticeable from the endcap, but when you pull the barrel and loader you can hear it from the breach as well.

paintballer5646
07-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Oh nevermind then, mines like rushing the air out of the front of the bolt.

DRAGON
07-22-2007, 12:36 PM
its first noticeable from the endcap, but when you pull the barrel and loader you can hear it from the breach as well.

It's purging excess pressure from the end cap, not leaking. all PMR's do that -

MVS1
07-22-2007, 01:31 PM
It's purging excess pressure from the end cap, not leaking. all PMR's do that -
your absolutely right dragon, the key here would be the never ending purge;)

Kenny_McCormic
07-22-2007, 01:36 PM
maybe a harder oring that cant pop off as easy? like fep encapsulated orings

vikingshadow
07-22-2007, 03:10 PM
I can set you up with the orings if you want. PM me!