PDA

View Full Version : scope!!! i need help!!!

hudabom246
07-21-2007, 07:50 AM
i want a scope (not a red dot, not a laser, a scope!). i need it cheap like $20 but good quality. any suggestions???

Critical
07-21-2007, 07:59 AM
It won't need to be all that great quality, since you won't be using it that much, as paintballs don't fly far enough, or accurately enough to warrant it. My suggestion, if you want a real scope, is to go to Wal-Mart or a pawn shop and find a pistol scope. The eye relief (distance from optics to eyeball) will be closer to correct than a rifle scope, where your eye needs to be right up against the eyepiece, and it will be small enough not to get in the way too much.

Something like this (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FH9UIQ/ref=nosim/?tag=nextag-sg-20&creative=380333&creativeASIN=B000FH9UIQ&linkCode=asn) would work, then just find a weaver mounting ring to attach it to the rail.

Voodoo27909
07-21-2007, 10:27 PM
BSA scopes at Walmart are cheap ($20/$25.00??)...they hold up well... and they have about a four inch eye relief so that you dont have to glue your eyeball right to the scope to be able to use it. Get the mounts for it that raise the scope up high off the marker (easier to get your mask in there to actually use the scope), and allow you to sight under the mounts right down the sight rail as well ($12.00??).

This is the set-up I use on my MR2 during daytime play.

Granted, the magnification style scopes dont help much for acquiring a target....but they sure do make it alot easier for looking around to find those pesky little sneaky Flanker types that are just out of eye-sight!!!

Good luck with finding what you are looking for. I hope this helps alittle.

hudabom246
07-22-2007, 05:59 AM
thanks guys.:D :D