PDA

View Full Version : Ego Bolts

Paradox313
07-20-2007, 02:04 PM
I'm gonna be starting an Ego bolt project soon, and I need as much background as I can get.

I need a list of existing
Ego bolts
pictures (Both alone, and on a gun. Etek, Ego5, Ego6, Ego7)
Specs (For ex: The cure virtually eliminates all ball chops)

shunut
07-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Stock Bolt (of course)
Nexus Bolt
Cure Bolt
Hardshell Bolt
Kila Dirty Bolt
New Designz Bolt
DART Bolt

I highly suggest checking out pbreview.com. You should find most if not all information that you need there.

Paradox313
07-20-2007, 05:21 PM
I sorta found some stuff I need.
Mainly want to know the weight, and length.

leed
07-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Lengths you don't really need to know.. Just know the shortest you can do is from the front of the bolt to a little bit behind the bolt pin hole. If you read one of my posts in PbN, then you saw that I suggested you move the bolt pin depressor thing in the front, and have it come out the front of the bolt, instead of the back, this way you can take more weight off by cutting it as close to the bolt pin as possible. Granted, this will result in the bolt pin slot (in the body)/rammer to be open to dirt and stuff, but it's a price people are willing to pay.

HS Bolt With Stock HS Pin: 36 grams -- The HS Bolt actually has a Weight in it to keep it heavy enough, which is why it's heavier than the Nexus
HS Bolt Alone: 29 Grams
Nexus Bolt With Stock Nexus Pin: 39 grams
Nexus Bolt Alone: 26 Grams
Stock Ego6 Bolt with Stock Ego6 Pin: 39 grams
Stock Ego6 Bolt Alone: 26 grams
Cure Bolt with Stock Ego6 Pin: 34 grams
Cure Bolt Alone: 21 grams

I don't know the 100% accuracy of those, except for the Stock 06 bolt.

The Kila bolt only has one "advantage," which is the magnet on the tip, which pushes the ball a little bit forward to avoid rollback. Otherwise it's not really any good.

Paradox313
07-20-2007, 09:16 PM
I did read all of your posts. You were the only one who was really helpful.

-Will water cause the stock bolt to swell much like Dow33 will?

What i'm really trying to do is:

Create a "Cure" type bolt with widened detent slots (Like the killa) from a stock bolt, and try and shave off a couple grams. Those are the only 2 best bolts I know of so I went with them.

I just wanted to know they weights of other bolts so I can compare and contrast them.

PumaPride04
07-21-2007, 03:25 PM
I did read all of your posts. You were the only one who was really helpful.

-Will water cause the stock bolt to swell much like Dow33 will?

What i'm really trying to do is:

Create a "Cure" type bolt with widened detent slots (Like the killa) from a stock bolt, and try and shave off a couple grams. Those are the only 2 best bolts I know of so I went with them.

I just wanted to know they weights of other bolts so I can compare and contrast them.
i as far as i kno water will swell delrin. so i wouldnt suggest it. but i dont kno for sure so dont quote me lol

leed
07-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Water is what causes delrin to swell.

If you want to improve the Cure bolt, take the bolt design, and put it on a Hardshell bolt. The Hardshell bolt is not made of delrin, instead it is made of Ertalyte, which is a much much harder material then delrin (hence, Hardshell), and it will not expand when it comes in contact with water/DOW, etc. It also means that sand and dirt particles will not get lodged in the bolt and scratch up the entire inside of your bolt chamber to the point where the tolerances are no longer tight.

shunut
07-21-2007, 08:11 PM
I know that Planet Eclipse uses a closed cell delrin, which does not absorb oils, thats why you are suppose to and can oil Ego bolts. Open cell delrin which is what Spyder bolts are made out of does absorb oil thats why you don't oil those bolts.