PDA

View Full Version : VS2 Co2

Elfmaze
07-18-2007, 10:17 PM
SO just curious, I keep seeing kits selling the vs2 with co2 tanks.

Has anyone ACCUALLY damaged a marker firing with CO2?

Please don't just make up a story to sound cool or to bash the gas. I hear stories all the time.

Hossy
07-19-2007, 05:27 AM
well just a heads up, all the other spyders use CO2 and HPA.
Im not sure if it will be ok, but i think it will be. But i recommend useing HPA on any gun.....because it is better.

VS2 King
07-19-2007, 05:41 AM
Theoretically it will work but you shouldn't do it. It can freeze up your internals and stop your maker from working. my friend put co2 in his and the whole gun had a layer of ice on it. So i would just go with HPA.

Critical
07-19-2007, 05:42 AM
Gauges have been damaged from putting 800psi in, when the gauge only reads up to 300. Overpressure can also affect the oring seals. Most of those kits online are from vendors who couldn't care less about what the marker is supposed to use, so they try to bundle it with a cheap tank. If you're going to use CO2, make sure it is anti-siphoned, and you'd probably want to swap out the regulator for one that's made for use with CO2. For most all Spyders, CO2 is great and no one would ever need to switch to air. The way I figure it, there's a reason why Kingman says in the manual to use air on the VS2 & 3, and, if I'm spending that much on a marker, why get cheap when it comes to the tank?

Elfmaze
07-19-2007, 06:51 AM
cause the tank costs as much as the gun. But i'm palnnign on borrowing a tank from the field i play at untill i figure the specifics of n2 tanks (I don't think the used market is worth it) But for test and tune untill i get one i have my co2 filling station ready to go.

Critical
07-19-2007, 07:03 AM
Steel tanks can be found new for less than $70. Used fiber wrapped tanks can be found for less than $100. I don't understand what you mean by the used market not being worth it. How can spending $70 on a tank equal $200 for the marker? It's a risk I wouldn't take.

Elfmaze
07-19-2007, 07:11 AM
Sry should have explained better. Looking at the 68 4500's and i think i'm satisfied with crossfires tanks. just taking a while to make the used, vs, new desision. still looking into why tanks fail hydro and such.

Btw have fiber tanks been fallin gin price the past two years? seemes the used market is not giving way to the newer tank prices. i can buy a new cross 68 45 for $170 new or $130 used needing hydro in a year. So i think i'm going to be looking at a new tank with the chance that a used tank may fail

Critical
07-19-2007, 07:27 AM
I think that what might be happening is that more and more, people are looking at the investment in a tank the way they've started to look at hoppers. Buy the best you can, once, and you can change the marker around it as many times as you want. It's a cheaper way to do it, over time. So, used prices are staying higher because of the demand. Once it hits a certain level, prices will start to shift back down, as more people make the same decision you did, to buy new for just a little more and avoid any potential headaches.

Elfmaze
07-20-2007, 10:46 AM
Got a temporary setup for feed testing, i'm using my co2 tank, BUT not filling any liguid. i'm only filling the tank with air.

I am getting a reliable 50 shots out of the tank before it run out of air, pleanty for testing and no risk of liquid!

And i have a New N2 on the way from action village!

STRIKEFIRST
07-20-2007, 11:14 AM
Mice but be careful of putting air in the c02 tank.

Elfmaze
07-20-2007, 12:35 PM
Nah co2 but not using a siphon, so its just gasious co2 instead of liquid. I wasn't expecting it to get that many shots on a 800 psi tank

sirhc978
07-27-2007, 03:45 PM
Plus at most rec-ball felds the air has unlimited refills included with a field pass

spydervs2
07-29-2007, 05:16 PM
I used my gun with co2 and it froze up luckly nothing else went wrong.