PDA

View Full Version : Waterproof?

Solar
07-18-2007, 07:14 AM
This may sound dumb... but... is there a way to waterproof the electronic trigger frame?

vikingshadow
07-18-2007, 07:29 AM
You can't waterproof it 100% since it has to have the opening for the sear. However, you can run a bead of silicone caulking between the grips and the frame. OR, you can wrap the frame in saran wrap, then put the grips on top of that.

I wouldn't worry about it though. I've played in downpours, in 6 inch deep mud puddles, and never had any issues with it. Just don't drop it into a puddle and leave it there. If the board should happen to get wet, just unplug the battery and let it dry out before you play again.

Solar
07-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Wow... i would think that the least amount of water would cause problems... Thanks...Well if my frame gets fried i may have to buy that trigger frame off of you..8-)

vikingshadow
07-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Oooo, didn't think of that!

Quick! Go throw your gun in a mud puddle and give it a bath, LOL!

No, don't do that.....

buy my frame though, just in case! :D

Bilbo
07-18-2007, 12:19 PM
When I first got my Pilot, I did the plastic wrap thing, because the grips fit so poorly. I played in the rain several times with no problem. Now that I have Dye stickies, I don't bother. Haven't had a problem, even when I dropped it in water during one game.

bamf-hacker
07-18-2007, 12:22 PM
If you are really concerned you can go to a hardware store and get a spray made to protect electronics from water. I have never had an issue with any of my electro's in the rain. I did have an issue with my Halo though. A little water got in the back where the board is and the loader would work sporadic, but once it dried off it was fine. I guess that is why it has the rip :)