PDA

View Full Version : what to get

applesauce
07-17-2007, 07:40 PM
well im thinking of getting a new mask, i was just wondering what you guys are wearing, and what you would recomend?

not sure other then a thermal lenses, whats the most bang (protection) for the buck?

Theheroguy
07-17-2007, 07:43 PM
draxxus(vforce) vantage

pb34
07-17-2007, 07:45 PM
There are so many great masks out there it really comes down to personal preference. One mask may fit your face perfectly and might be extremely uncomfortable to someone else. I know this isn't the answer you want to hear but your best bet is to go to your local shop and try them all on and see which you like best. Personally, I own a V-force Profiler and love it. It is nice and light and very comfortable. It is also very easy to remove the lens. I hear the Grillz are nice as well. There are also many other options out there.

spyderbanger
07-17-2007, 07:50 PM
I have the Axiom FX 10. Its got a huge lens, you cant see the sides of your goggles. Thermal lens' don't work for me, I sweat alot and breath through my mouth due to nose problems. I have 3 computer fans installed in my mask. 2 above the lens,1 blowing in the other pulling hot air out. And 1 in front of my mouth blowing out my breath. I have the batteries(9v)x2 tied right under the lens next to my nose. I cant even tell they are there. I dont ever get fogging problems. I have little slide switches on each side tied up so they protrude off the bottom of the mask. I use wax coated tie wrap.

newkid
07-18-2007, 06:03 AM
it depends how much you want to spend, if you're cheap like me, I got a thermal vforce vantage for 25 bucks at actionvillage

vikingshadow
07-18-2007, 06:53 AM
On masks, it's so much a personal thing. What may feel good on my melon head, may feel too small or too big on yours. Of course, [insert standard answer] you should go the shop and try on different ones to see what's best for your head and what feels good to you [/end standard answer].

I prefer Vforce, myself. The first mask I bought (outside of the one I got in a kit with my first gun) was a vForce Shield. Great for rec because it was a bit taller on the head, and had that shield thing that covered the front of the neck and moved along with your head motions. But it was hardish plastic. My next mask was the vForce profiler. I've loved this mask ever since. Conforms PERFECTLY with my noggin. I get bounces when I get hit there, usually, and it's very easy to breath in .

Benefits of the vForce line are breathability, HUGE line of vision - you'd have to be a fish to see the edges of the lense, it has a thermal coating of some sort so it's not a double lense thing and really works to stop fogging - I'm a sweater when it's really hot, and I have no problems in the Oklahoma humidity, ease of removing the lense (literally 2 seconds to remove and a couple more to put back in), the foam is nice and now it's removable on some of their masks, and it looks good. Personally, I think the Grillz look like a goofy science fiction/robot head, but to each their own.

My other teammates used Proflexes. They are very comfy, but I felt like I was unprotected around the mouth, chin and cheek area, although that was just a feeling - they were very protected there, it was just that light and airy in the mask.

I will always recommend the Profiler and the Proflexes, but there are other good ones out there - see first paragraph.

Oscum Guy
07-18-2007, 07:21 AM
whichever fits your head the best.

for me, dye/proto.

paintballer5646
07-18-2007, 08:25 AM
Jt Proflexs, I wish I had never traded mine for profilers.

Ace24
07-18-2007, 08:48 AM
Jt Proflexs, I wish I had never traded mine for profilers.
Thats a first... Usually people like the Profiler better.

Honestly, I like Profiler the best, then comes Proflex, then Grillz. But thats my comfort and my head... try on the masks and find out which work best for you.

The advantage that Vforce offers with it's masks are the interchangable, quick removal lenses. Makes cleaning them a breeze.

ttam13xlpb
07-18-2007, 08:52 AM
e-vents are great masks(vents) i have had good experiences with v-force also...just got a grill but havent put it to the test yet

applesauce
07-18-2007, 09:11 AM
thanks for the advice, i have the JT Nvader thermal something-a-rather mask, and it works nice, but i want something a little tighter and easier to breath in (I tend to run out of breath quickly since i left college) I think ill rummage through e-bay and see if i cant get a good deal on one of the above mentioned masks

STRIKEFIRST
07-18-2007, 09:18 AM
I'm sporting a proto switch FS...actionvillagfe has some clearenced now.

I bought mine and grabbed an extra lens....I love it.

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=sM08QfolsGU8ury7je786fCD-KIZUnuUsxg=?CategoryName=outlet-paintball-goggles

They also have yellow dye invisions for 43 bucks.

PumaPride04
07-19-2007, 10:02 PM
events ftw you can pick them up for like 40-50 on the nation

applesauce
07-25-2007, 09:59 AM
sorry to resurrect this thread, but im just curious of the profilers are the only masks with the easy out lenses...

Oscum Guy
07-25-2007, 10:12 AM
proto switch are really easy. like 10-20 second removal.

vikingshadow
07-25-2007, 10:37 AM
All the vForce line has easy to remove lenses, not just the Profilers. The Switch is supposed to have easy to remove lenses, but the pair I saw took us awhile to get them out - but it could have been because they were were brand new and not broken in yet.

JT's and Dye goggles have those nasty gaskets...yuck!

mikemoon07
07-25-2007, 11:56 AM
I ordered some red vforce vantages, and the lense comes out in literally 5 seconds, just pop it out, clean it down, and pop it back in. i am never buying another jt mask. i think the vforces are so much more hassle free.

VS3 Sniper
07-25-2007, 12:09 PM
Grillz then i3 pros then proflex those are my top choices

chnk
07-25-2007, 01:05 PM
profiler, grillz, events, are some good choices

vikingshadow
07-25-2007, 01:36 PM
I still can't come around to liking the grillz for some reason. It's just me, I know, but they're so blessed ugly - like Rockem Sockem Robot heads!

Oscum Guy
07-25-2007, 02:07 PM
jt's suk. dye/proto rox. vforce it ok. imo

Critical
07-25-2007, 03:08 PM
I actually really like my JT Proteus II's. Lightweight, good wide viewing area, thermal lens and relatively inexpensive.

applesauce
07-31-2007, 05:00 PM
got the profiler...and i love it!

brsport102
07-31-2007, 09:36 PM
ummmm i
like the proto's cheap and good protection :P looks good to :P

vikingshadow
08-01-2007, 07:54 AM
:rolleyes: