PDA

View Full Version : Energy drinks are getting out of hand...

QAZ123
07-17-2007, 04:22 PM
I saw a new one called Redline in the gas station that stated you had to be 18 or older to buy. I looked at the ingredients and they put an undisclosed amount of Yohimbine in it. That's a serious stimulant that a lot of average people can't even handle! So yeah let's mix it with an undisclosed amount of caffeine then add a ton of sugar and sodium to the mix!

So stupid.

JB.

UKwithPride
07-17-2007, 04:24 PM
Redline is supposed to enduce tremors right? So they keep you going while working out?

marvin-martian
07-17-2007, 04:25 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs

PumaPride04
07-17-2007, 04:33 PM
energy drinks< gatorade

Nenkitsune
07-17-2007, 04:47 PM
redline has 4mL of caffine in it. that's insane. Now, if you remember your metrics, 1gram/mL that means that this stuff has 4g of caffine 4000mg of caffine, where your average energy drink has around 240mg at the high end i belive. a caffine pill is usually 250mg. that stuff will nearly KILL you if you drink the whole thing in one does. even 1/2 will get you screwed up. there have been cases of people blacking out while working out because of the stuff. one guy drank the whole thing and was blacking out behind the wheel, couldn't walk or anything, and someone had to call the perimedics. how it sells, i'm not sure. but it blows that something so dangourous is on the market, and a drink called cocaine get's pulled

kidonfire
07-17-2007, 05:21 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs

lolz

Paradox313
07-17-2007, 05:33 PM
I still want to try it at least.

big_daddy_d
07-17-2007, 06:00 PM
redline has 4mL of caffine in it. that's insane. Now, if you remember your metrics, 1gram/mL that means that this stuff has 4g of caffine 4000mg of caffine, where your average energy drink has around 240mg at the high end i belive. a caffine pill is usually 250mg. that stuff will nearly KILL you if you drink the whole thing in one does. even 1/2 will get you screwed up. there have been cases of people blacking out while working out because of the stuff. one guy drank the whole thing and was blacking out behind the wheel, couldn't walk or anything, and someone had to call the perimedics. how it sells, i'm not sure. but it blows that something so dangourous is on the market, and a drink called cocaine get's pulled
marketable because there is no FDA regulation on herbs and supplements. There is the fine print on all cans of this stuff that state that the FDA has not tested the validity to any claims the manufacturer has made etc... Thats why ephedra was on the market for so many years before people started dying that congress took notice and said this is wrong. Will it take more deaths before someone realizes that these supplement manufacturers need to be regulated too? Who knows?