PDA

View Full Version : High or Low Pressure?

D-rail
07-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Just wondering what our gun runs best on.... I am going to purchase a HPA tank soon!

Thanks!
~D

vikingshadow
07-17-2007, 04:48 PM
Spyders run best on High Pressure tanks. They were designed to run at 800 psi and even if you take it to low pressure, it'll still need the high pressure so that you don't get shoot down.

D-rail
07-18-2007, 07:12 AM
Whew... Glad I asked! Thank you VERY much vikingshadow :D

I hate asking these types of (noob) questions but when ur trying something TOTALLY new to you, you have to ask b4 you buy! I don't know a LICK about HPA so I have been researching it online...

I THINK I will go for carbon fiber wrapped Crossfire 68ci 3000 psi tank put it on my back & use it with a remote.

Just to make sure... all I need to do to use HPA on my MR2 is buy a tank with a high pressure regulator on it... and that's it. RIGHT?

Thanks for all your help ;)

~ Darryl

vikingshadow
07-18-2007, 07:35 AM
No problem! That's the entire purpose of this board - to help people out when they need it. Shoot, that's why I came here. I just got comfortable and now these jokers can't get rid of me. And you're right, it's better to ask a question before you buy something and seem like a fool, than not ask and actually be one when you get the wrong thing!

That's a pretty good tank. However, if your field is capable of filling to 4500 and you have enough money, I'd go with a 68/4500 psi tank. More shots per fill means less trips to the air station. And yes, make sure that you get a tank that has a high pressure output. It should say on it somewhere. Some tanks are marked in red for high and blue for low. It's the regulator on the tank that makes it either a high pressure or a low pressure tank. The tanks themselves are pretty much the same.

Hossy
07-18-2007, 08:10 AM
I just got comfortable and now these jokers can't get rid of me.

We know and hes been killing us since :p

And you're right, it's better to ask a question before you buy something and seem like a fool, than not ask and actually be one when you get the wrong thing!

Forreal, were here to help, so ask away!

The tank your looking at is good. But if you dont want to bust a hole in your wallet id suggest to get a steelie, if you plan to put it on your back anways. It will save you money, and yet it will weigh just a little more.

But if you are expecting to get newer and better guns in the future, get a 68/4.5k....
Theyre totally worth the money IF your field fills up to 4500, like Vike said

D-rail
07-18-2007, 01:53 PM
Cool, thanks guys!

So, what if I was to purchase a 68ci 4500psi tank.... and my field only fills up to 3000 psi am I screwed.

Can they still put 3000psi in a 4500psi tank and be ok? My local field is upgrading to a 4500psi fill station soon!

Thanks!
~ D

vikingshadow
07-18-2007, 02:19 PM
You can still fill to just 3000 psi with a 4500 tank - that's perfectly fine. There are a lot of times that I get 3000 or less because our field is running low, especially towards the end of a busy day.

It's just that you spent the extra money (sometimes a LOT of extra money) for that extra 1500 psi and if you can't use it, you're just throwing money away. But, since your field is upgrading to a 4500 station soon, it'd be worth it.

D-rail
07-18-2007, 02:45 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

I Love this board :D

vikingshadow
07-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Now I'm blushing! :o