PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get a better Striker

Ojsest
07-17-2007, 07:15 AM
Also will it improve the marker I would like to thank everybody on this board I have learned alot about my marker

Critical
07-17-2007, 07:53 AM
There are a number of companies making strikers for the Spyder. Alamo City, Insane Pain Sports, Sundragonpps, just to name a few. What all of their strikers have in common is that they are significantly lighter than stock. What that does is reduce the force required, which allows you to reduce the pressure, which, in theory, can make your marker more gas efficient and slightly quieter, among other benefits.

SupaSnipa
07-17-2007, 08:31 AM
yeah what he said but also if you get lighter internals the you get less kick

Sandman_Bravo
07-18-2007, 04:45 AM
The best thing for you to do IF you are NOT planning on making your Pilot LP is to polish the stock striker/hammer. If you are wanting to reduce kick but stay at a high pressure, then go ahead and get an aftermarket lighter hammer- but be ready to have to tinker with spring kits to get the velocity back up where you want it. Understanding thoroughly how your gun operates is a must before you start any modifications. Start with "The Paintball Bible" by otter:
http://www.ottersccustoms.com/index.html
Almost any question you have can be answered there. When you pull the trigger, the hammer is released and travels forward because the main spring pushes it. It strikes the valve pin (which also has a spring to keep it seated in the closed position) which in turn releases a burst of gas. (CO2 or Air) This gas travels up through the gun and bolt. Since the bolt and hammer are connected, when the hammer moved forward so did the bolt (with the burst of air) and propelled the paintball out of the barrel. If you change the weight of the hammer, you change the amount of inertia striking the valve AND the amount of gas released. This amount of time (milliseconds) when the valve opens is called "dwell time". Think of hitting a nail into wood using a small trim hammer. Now envision the same nail using a much heavier framing hammer.
I guess the point I'm making is, if you want to change parts, be educated and ready to tinker. BTW, I started just like you and over time went LP and totally modded my Pilot.:)