PDA

View Full Version : Look what the postman brought me today

pbgrandpa
07-16-2007, 11:56 AM
I've been wanting one of these for a couple years now and finally broke down and got me one. Thank you TRB for talking me out of the Defiant. It came with a few up but would appreciate any ideas on some future upgrade, especially the barrel. It came with a SP which looks crappy. Input please this is my first high end. It has the following.. Critical trigger..Infamous M3 board..CP reg..Hybrid grips..Hybrid Ram Cap..Eigenram. Here's a pic..http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/2091/timmylx0.jpg

Drefish99
07-16-2007, 12:10 PM
That thing really needs no upgrades. Only one I would drop in there is an Eigen Ram if it doesn't have one already. They can be purchased here http://www.lurkerpaintball.com/

Tell them drefish99 sent you.

pbgrandpa
07-16-2007, 12:18 PM
It has the Eigen Ram Dre. I'm kinda a virgin on this. Never owned anything but Spyders till now

Tito=PBL
07-16-2007, 12:40 PM
NICE!! i like the two colors fading into each other. one of these days i got to get me a timmy.

CHAOSFTW
07-16-2007, 12:46 PM
lol virgin...hmmm as far as the barrel goes ide look around on nation at picture threads to see wut you like. just me being me i would change the asa to matchy the colors better but thats just me.

pbgrandpa
07-16-2007, 01:00 PM
lol virgin...hmmm as far as the barrel goes ide look around on nation at picture threads to see wut you like. just me being me i would change the asa to matchy the colors better but thats just me.Changed the ASA first thing. Had a blk NDZ w/ rail, looks much better.

Ace24
07-16-2007, 01:04 PM
you got one before me! Oh and I am in a apple store using the iphone to type this. So cool!

pbgrandpa
07-16-2007, 01:33 PM
you got one before me! Oh and I am in a apple store using the iphone to type this. So cool!How long did you wait in line for that i-phone lol

paintballkid0206
07-16-2007, 01:39 PM
Infamous (sp?) Limited Edition yellow-black fade barrel. or maybe it is too yellow for that, instead of gold. looks VERY nice

leed
07-16-2007, 01:41 PM
:bawling:

I want one!

I <3 Alias'; and I particularly like the way that one looks (the ano is amazing).

pbgrandpa
07-16-2007, 01:49 PM

I want one!

I <3 Alias'; and I particularly like the way that one looks (the ano is amazing).Every gun I have owned has been either blue or red. This one really caught my eye for the anno on it. I wanted it from the time I laid eyes on it.

Drefish99
07-16-2007, 01:56 PM
If you have an insert kit I recommend getting the Deadly Winds carbon fiber barrel. Other than that just paint. Timmys really don't need many upgrades. Maybe a new feedneck. I really am not a big fan of twist lock feeds but if it fits your hopper there is really no need to change it.

Oscum Guy
07-16-2007, 02:02 PM
niiiiice. me reallly likey. good thing you changed the asa cuz that is really ugly.

pbgrandpa
07-16-2007, 02:16 PM
niiiiice. me reallly likey. good thing you changed the asa cuz that is really ugly.This looks better IMO....http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/9386/asalx0.jpg

ttam13xlpb
07-16-2007, 02:16 PM
nice looks good

CHAOSFTW
07-16-2007, 02:36 PM
kickass how does it shoot.

pbgrandpa
07-16-2007, 02:39 PM
If you have an insert kit I recommend getting the Deadly Winds carbon fiber barrel. Other than that just paint. Timmys really don't need many upgrades. Maybe a new feedneck. I really am not a big fan of twist lock feeds but if it fits your hopper there is really no need to change it.I don't have an insert kit yet, but i was looking at the Deadly Winds cf while waiting for this to get here. I shot a couple Timmys at the local field before i decieded to get this one and they both had Evil Pipe kits. They were both ball on ball shooting.

pbgrandpa
07-16-2007, 02:45 PM
kickass how does it shoot.I haven't shot it yet. Traded my HP tank awhile back and will have to get another before i can try it out. The guy I bought it from said it was amazingly fast and he didn't lie about the shape the gun was in, so I'll guess we'll see when my tank gets here

durrell
07-16-2007, 03:17 PM
You're probably one of the coolest grandpas I've ever seen. :up:

Sweet gun. :)

pbgrandpa
07-16-2007, 03:30 PM
You're probably one of the coolest grandpas I've ever seen. :up:

Sweet gun. :)My grandkids made me this way :cool:

paintballkid0206
07-16-2007, 06:35 PM

I want one!

I <3 Alias'; and I particularly like the way that one looks (the ano is amazing).

ME TOO! (but i know that i dont have the $$) lol

big_daddy_d
07-16-2007, 06:41 PM
that is a hot gat...

Drefish99
07-16-2007, 08:44 PM
Evil pipe kits are a bit loud for my taste. I use a Stiffi or DW on all my timmys. If you are really the type to want to upgrade everything beyond what is norm you can look at some custom grips. There are a few sellers on PBN for them. I recommend - Dark Seoul (http://www.pbnation.com/member.php?u=1296) . I have bought a few from him and he does great work. Another small but beneficial up is a lighter annoed bolt pin from - destroyer125 (http://125customs.com/shop.html) . Last but of course not least is a volly for the LPR. Some people don't recommend them as they say they don't do much and are just a waste of money. Most of the folks that tell you this didn't tune their volly/ lpr right and didn't get the performance they thought they would get. Volleys help lower the HPR and this in turn helps with kick. People think volleys are to lower LPR and set them so low that their markers cycle really slow. This leads to all their discouragement. I have used them on all my timmys and love them. If you are like me. I try and squeeze as much performance I can out of my markers.

Ace24
07-16-2007, 08:57 PM
How long did you wait in line for that i-phone lol
I didn't actually buy the phone. They had like 10 on display and everyone was using them hahaha.

Nice find! I can't wait to get one myself.

phatphil
07-17-2007, 12:16 AM
I remember your Qloader vid.

You'll love the Alias, I've had 2 Aliases so far and the first one was amazing, this second one has been collecting dust while I shoot my Matrix, but I'm sure it will be nice as well. Your Timmy is loaded with everything nice, all you need is paint & air, and a new barrel!

pbgrandpa
07-17-2007, 12:33 AM
I remember your Qloader vid.

You'll love the Alias, I've had 2 Aliases so far and the first one was amazing, this second one has been collecting dust while I shoot my Matrix, but I'm sure it will be nice as well. Your Timmy is loaded with everything nice, all you need is paint & air, and a new barrel!I'm finding out that it already has pretty much all the good stuff one needs. Still up in the air about the barrel. Does anyone have a link for the Deadly Winds barrel? And Blast. Thanks guys for the coments can't wait for my tank to get here so I can play with this thing.

Sandman_Bravo
07-17-2007, 04:13 AM
She is purdy! I have the same asa on my shocker, it's awesome isn't it?

vikingshadow
07-17-2007, 05:34 AM
I have the same ASA on my shocker as well. Of all the ones I've used so far, it's been the best one.

Love the Timmy. Who knows? Maybe one of these days, I'll dump the spooly for a stacker...

Drefish99
07-17-2007, 05:48 AM
I'm finding out that it already has pretty much all the good stuff one needs. Still up in the air about the barrel. Does anyone have a link for the Deadly Winds barrel? And Blast. Thanks guys for the coments can't wait for my tank to get here so I can play with this thing.

http://store.deadlywind.com/product/a52da757-bb49-4c95-891b-4e1953742e12.aspx

BLAST doesn't have a web site you have to call them - 925-625-7929. Sad that I know that number by heart. :(

Critical
07-17-2007, 06:56 AM
I thought www.boblongdirect.com was their website?

Drefish99
07-17-2007, 07:57 AM
BLAST is the technical side of Bob Long. You usually contact BLAST to get repair parts or schedule to send your marker in for repair.

Critical
07-17-2007, 08:27 AM
Gotcha, I thought that because they had parts listed on that site, they were the same thing.

pbgrandpa
07-17-2007, 06:24 PM
BLAST is the technical side of Bob Long. You usually contact BLAST to get repair parts or schedule to send your marker in for repair.I thought it was a place to get your marker fine tuned. I read a couple BST post on PBN where people had sent there markers in . Guess they were broke.

Drefish99
07-17-2007, 07:21 PM
BLAST also tunes markers. They send their "BLAST techs" to all the major paintball tournaments to service markers and sell upgrades. It's part of Bob's bread and butter.

phatphil
07-19-2007, 03:21 AM
BLAST tech support is awesome btw. They fixed a broken Frenzy for me at no charge and gave me a free membrane with it. :up:

pbgrandpa
07-19-2007, 06:12 AM
BLAST tech support is awesome btw. They fixed a broken Frenzy for me at no charge and gave me a free membrane with it. :up:That's what i've been hearing. Thought i would send it in and have them tech it out just to make sure everything is in tip top order. No HP tank yet so I haven't had a chance to check it out myself. I did get a barrel kit for it so it should be here in the next couple days.

pbgrandpa
07-25-2007, 03:29 PM
Fedex made it today. Got my B2 and 68/4500 Crossy. If only they would have made it to the house a little sooner could have made it to the field for a fill and shot this thing. Will have to wait till friday now for I have to work tomorrow. The B2 fit w/out having to sand the neck(pleasant surprise) and Crossfire has changed there logo on there tanks. I liked the old one better, gonna get a cover anyway. New pic:http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/3268/timmyfr7.jpg

Theheroguy
07-25-2007, 03:33 PM
I want an alias platform marker they look so cool and I love the way they shoot but Cost of highends>My Wallet :(

pbgrandpa
07-25-2007, 03:40 PM
I want an alias platform marker they look so cool and I love the way they shoot but Cost of highends>My Wallet :(Grandma put the clamp on the wallet:mad: and I had to sell all my other PB stuff to get this, but it was worth it

spyderpilotacs05
07-26-2007, 08:35 AM
i just bought that same unimount ! but mine is all black.