PDA

View Full Version : does the Evo lll work?

hudabom246
07-15-2007, 06:09 AM
does the evo lll work for a hopper on the mr2? some people say it does and some say it doesnt. im pretty sure im gettin a halo b or reloader b but i just want to make sure.

newkid
07-15-2007, 07:23 PM
yea, again....it will work, whoever is telling you about all these hoppers is a noob

jimmythefoot
07-15-2007, 07:38 PM
it will work just not real well on full auto.
reason being is the gun will out shoot the hopper, which will cause the antichop bolt to kick in which will cause you to have to recock the charging handle to get it back to fire.
reson i know this is cause i had the same rig.
i upgraded to a true force feed hopper, reloader B, and now only once in a great while do i have to charge the cocking handle.
egg 3 will work in single shot and mostly in burst, mostly.
but if your one of those guys that can walk the trigger fast you may find yourself out shooting the egg 3.
i also think the angle feed neck slows the ball drop down a litle vs a vertical feed neck like on the VS3 so to say.
this causes the anti chop bolt to kick in more due to the slower feeding.
the MR2 is a fast shooting milsim.

Ozlo23
07-16-2007, 08:38 AM
i agree with newkid - whoever says it wont work is a noob, i own one which i use primarily on my MR-2

jimmythefoot
07-16-2007, 01:10 PM
thats wierd how they work for you but mine was real finicky with the egg 3 on top.
hey if it works go with it.
hopefully the egg 3 does work for ya cause it is a lot cheaper then a reloader B and easier to operate.

i wonder why i had problems...mmmmm..?

slim and shady
07-20-2007, 07:43 PM
I have the egg III and sometimes I have a little troubel with it causing the ACS to kick in but for the most part it all works flawlesly. I dont regret the desision to buy the Egg III and I dont think that you would either. Sometimes it just takes a little messing around and a little extra paint to get your gun working right.

Voodoo27909
07-20-2007, 10:57 PM
Once again...the Kingman techs recommend a TRUE FORCE FED hopper for the MR2 due to the fact that it holds constant pressure on the rounds in the feed tube. If you are shooting anything but a TRUE FORCE FED hopper, you are going to experiance chop issues while shooting the MR2 marker. There are no "Magic" adjustments that will help the "popcorn" effect... short of getting lucky and finding an aftermarket bolt (which actually works) that will seal off the blow by that escapes into the feedneck causing the chop. Get the Halo/Empire, or other TRUE force fed hopper. If the impeller in the hopper is NOT holding constant pressure on the stack of balls in the feed tube, it isnt a TRUE force fed hopper.

Go with what the people who engineered and tested the marker recommend. They are absolutely correct in what they say in this case. Spend the extra bucks to insure your MR2 is going to operate to its fullest potential.