PDA

View Full Version : How to break in the bolt?

Roflcopterrr
07-14-2007, 03:43 PM
Hi guys, as you may know i'm the new owner of a Pilot ACS, but I have a question. How do I break in the bolt? I know I have to compress the spring but how do I do that? Sorry :confused:

oldironmudder
07-14-2007, 07:32 PM
Use a dresser. :p

Solar
07-15-2007, 03:08 PM
Take out the bolt. There is a metal dowel that sticks out the side of the bolt that slides into the striker. Move that back and forth with out moving the bolt. (thus compressing the spring that is inside the ACS bolt)

Bilbo
07-15-2007, 03:55 PM
I used a way that is a lot easier on your hands. Find a wood dowel that fits inside the rear of the bolt, against the metal ACS itself. Then place the other end of the dowel on the floor, hold the bolt itself, and push the bolt down on the dowel (compressing the spring), over and over. I did it for about 15 minutes, and it really made a difference (haven't had a ball chop since). For some, they never have to break in the spring. I guess it's just a matter of chance if you need to or not.

pilot acs
01-03-2008, 05:58 AM
also what about leaveing it cocked does that have the same effect?

bamf-hacker
01-03-2008, 06:00 AM
You don't want to leave the bolt but rather loosen up the spring. Take the bolt out, sit in front of the TV, put on a good movie and start compressing. It goes by quick.

DFSniper
01-03-2008, 06:31 AM
yeah. keeping it cocked only weakens your main spring, not ACS spring. you COULD cock it, stick a dowel rod in the feedneck, then leave it uncocked for a few days though.