PDA

View Full Version : Questions...need help!

LordJester
07-14-2007, 12:38 PM
Ok first off this is my first post so hello to everyone. I kind of have some newb questions that I hope you can answer for me.

1. When I put my battery in the cover bulges out some, because the wires are pressing on it. I have tried to maneuver the wires and it still bulges. Can this damage my wires or is it all right, and if I cut out some of the grip will that void my warranty?
2. One of my friends told me that I need to put paintball oil in my asa after taking off my tank. There is no o-ring or anything in there so what is the point of that?
3. My final question is the trigger on my marker seems like it is loose in the frame, like I can push it a little bit from side to side. Is this normal? I think it is but I wasnt sure so I thought I would ask.

Thanks for all your help.

paintballkid0206
07-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Welcome! now, to answer your questions
1. Moving the wires is just about all you can do. are you using the battery that spyder sent with it? (it must be red and says SPYDER). i wouldn't cut the cover. dirt and stuff might get in there and wreck your board (depending on where you cut it)
2.ONLY OIL THE PARTS THAT THE MANUAL SAYS TO. look in the manual and you will see a part that tells you where to lube it.
3. Mine wiggles. you can adjust the trigger in more to prevent the wiggling (sp?). this will also make you shoot faster. DONT move it in too far. my rule is, dont let it touch the black thing (idk what it is called. maybe it's the solenoid or the micro switch). Hope you like your new marker

LordJester
07-14-2007, 05:53 PM
Thanks for your help!

Bilbo
07-15-2007, 02:52 PM
1) If you have a pilot, the stock grips stink, plain and simple. Even when they fit their best, they leave gaps for dirt and paint. I love my pilot, but new grips are a must (I use Dye stickies)
2) The reason people put oil in the asa isn't to lube the asa itself. What many people, including me, do is put a few drops in the asa after we are done cleaning the marker. Then attach your tank and dry fire (no paintballs) two or three times. This distributes the oil to the valve, lubricating it and the o-rings around it.
3) My trigger seems the same way. I figure it is just a loose tolerance. Never caused me any problem, so I just played on. For me, the wiggle was very minimal.

vikingshadow
07-15-2007, 03:00 PM
1. Yup - grips are ok, but your hand is on top of it, so it'll be ok. Everything will be fine unless there is sharp edge to pinch the wire or possibly cut it. You can get new grips as was suggested or leave it and just deal with it.

2. Bilbo is right. This is one of the best things you can do with your spyder. Don't do this with a higher end gun that uses a solenoid, or even a spyder that has a regulator that doesn't like oil (like a Bob Long Torpedo.) Only use 2-3 drops though it doesn't need to be saturated!

3. Trigger slop is a common thing. You can get some small nylon washers and use them to stop the slop, or you can get an aftermarket trigger that might fit a bit tighter.

Welcome to the forums! Glad you're hear. You'll find this a very helpful and one of the friendliest places to visit, paintball wise. Feel free to ask anything!

paintballkid0206
07-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Thanks for your help!

WOW! i actually helped somebody! lol :D <- thats my favorite smily