PDA

View Full Version : Boston NPPL

pbfreak3221
07-13-2007, 06:58 PM
Introduction:This could have been categorized in a few different forum sections, but I chose this one. This is my basic review (was thinking about the review section) of Thursday of the NPPL in Brockton, Massachusetts. Keep in mind I am a resident of Massachusetts.

The tournament was located at the Brockton Fairgrounds, in Brockton, Massachusetts. It was a very spacious park located in the center of Brockton, which is just a short distance to the lively Boston Night Life. There was a very spacious parking lot that could easily fit the whole crowd, and there was extra parking if needed. You first walked in and you were greeted by the trade show (will discuss later.) Then you continue walking, and walk past the food, and you reach the gigantic seating arrangement. The bleachers were racing bleacher that could easily fit up to three thousand. There was an announcer, and easy visibility of most of the fields.

Trade Show:
Considering I have not been to that many of the NPPL events I did not have much to compare this too, however there was a very good selection, in my opinion. Even though some of the major companies such as Smart Parts, Dye, and Proto were not present, it was still very good. I was personally surprised with the Firscall Paintball Tent, the Trademyguns.com tent, the Eclipse tent, and the V-force/DXS tent. Prices were what you would expect, and everyone was very helpful. I brought my pulse to the DXS help, and they fixed it no questions asked. I also purchased a pair of Grills google system, check my pictures thread to view them.

Players:
Since Thursday was not a professional competition day, all of the professional teams were wandering the grounds. This gave it an enhanced feel. I personally stopped by to get all of the Iron Men's signature, and all of the Canes Signatures. In the Boston Paintball tent, I hung out with the New England Hurricanes, and Greg Hasting and there was a tournament of his game, with many very good prizes, with the grand prize of a new Marq 7. I also got Greg Hasting, Chris LaSoya, Ryan Greenspan, Bob Long, Ollie Lang, Nicky Cuba, Alex Fraige, and Brian Cole to all sign something. View my pictures thread to see pictures of this.

Food:
There was what you would expect for food, the fried doe stands, the italian sausage, the hot dogs, and the hamburgers, all of which were decent quality. Also if you got thirsty there were all the Bawls Energy Drink you could drink, and Bawls Slushy's served in signature Bawls Pods.

Free Giveaways:
This years NPPL was packed with free give a aways. Personally I scored a case of the XO paint (2000), a set of Redz swabs, a pod, and a load of signatures and posters.

Overall:
It was a great experience, and I greatly recommend every single paintballer to go to at least one of the NPPL, or any other major paintballing organizations events, and enjoy it to the fullest.

pbfreak3221
07-14-2007, 06:11 AM
Check out the webcast at NPPLLIVE.com, it's great quality and it's like your almost there.

clickclicksplat
07-14-2007, 09:52 AM
I'd love to go. Problem is, there's not an event in the MD/DC/VA area and I'm too poor to buy a plane ticket...

MVS1
07-14-2007, 02:56 PM
great coverage, cant wait to get fsn coverage on tv