PDA

View Full Version : Just got a Pilot - anything I should do?

Roflcopterrr
07-13-2007, 05:36 AM
Hi guys, just got my pilot in the mail! I have some questions though.
I've heard the cocking pin flies out a lot. Will this happen on a newer Pilot and how can I prevent it?
Also, breaking in the bolt. I just take out the bolt, and compress the spring 1000+ times?

Thanks! :)

LostCause
07-13-2007, 05:39 AM
yes the pin flies out alot...mines is new (3 months old) and it flies out...so i just use my allen wrench now....yeah im cheap

te bolt, i just shot the thing...why bother compressing it....just my two cents

Solar
07-13-2007, 06:12 AM
yes the pin flies out alot...mines is new (3 months old) and it flies out...so i just use my allen wrench now....yeah im cheap

te bolt, i just shot the thing...why bother compressing it....just my two cents

I had to compress mine. It was a chopping machine at first. Then I took the bolt out, compressed it a whole bunch of times (did it while watching Rocky II.. :D ). Then it worked like a charm.

LostCause
07-13-2007, 06:22 AM
really? mines didnt chop to much....though it was kinda my fault...shot faster then the gravity hopper i had lol.....also get a squeegee....you'll need it to clean your barrel

Though i would recommend getting a new feedneck...the plastic one sits to high, and it really stinks to get out from getting shot in the hopper...

Rocky is sweet...:cool:

Krypt Keeper
07-13-2007, 08:35 AM
What type of games are you going to play? Are you going to be more into speed ball or woodsball and concept fields?

You can get rid of the stock ACS bolt and get another one and make it rear cocking if you are concerned about the pin flying out all the time. Or alter the stocker like I did and make it rear cocking.

Feed neck is a great investment CCM, Trinity, or NDZ and a few others. You will need one without holes (very important)

Barrel can help make the gun quieter, also improve accuracy by matching your paint to your barrel. Many too choose from also

.50 trigger switch is nice

lighter trigger spring, magnet trigger mod, or even a new trigger will make the gun feel like a totally different gun.

electronic hopper is a great investment many to choose from

Dye Sticky grips really helped my hands from cramping after playing for 4 or 5 hours.

I could go on with add ons and internal stuff, but it all depends on what you want the gun to do, and how it feels in your hands.

ttam13xlpb
07-13-2007, 12:36 PM
uh...im pretty sure the feedneck is without holes on a pilot???not with them

LostCause
07-13-2007, 12:41 PM
there with holes....

Solar
07-13-2007, 12:48 PM
The feedneck i have doesn't have holes.

Kohong
07-13-2007, 01:52 PM
The feed neck is WITHOUT holes.

I have a Pilot and encountered the same problem with the top cocking knob flying off. I called Kingman and their tech said that during the first couple manufacturing runs of the pilot they made the top cocking knob too hard to pull out...so they changed this...and the top cocking knob started flying off. So he proposed the best solution I've ever heard which completely solved my top cocking knob issues. Take out the cocking knob and just give the end of it a tap or two with a hammer. Be sure you hit the side that goes into the ACS bolt. This makes the flange flare out a bit and it becomes very well seated inside the bolt. I have mine so that I required pliers to pull it out. This ensures that I never loose it.

Regards to the ACS bolt chopping...be patient with your Pilot, after about 2000-3000 paintballs the bolt will break in. I thought this was a joke at first because I would read reviews of people saying it "NEVER" chops yet I would chop paintballs every once in a while and it would even uncock itself.

But now, after year of use and probably 5,000-7,000 paintballs later the bolt NEVER, EVER chops paint....old paint, new paint, soft paint, hard...I've never been able to get it to chop the paint. Also it uncocks alot less often now. The gun is now able to recock itself even when it detects a ball halfway in the chamber and the ACS starts working.

LostCause
07-13-2007, 02:11 PM
opps...was thinking tabs...lol

Krypt Keeper
07-13-2007, 05:55 PM
sorry for the confusion... I meant to put without holes while typing all that up... I edited it to avoid any more confusion..

I also made the mistake and ordered the wrong feedneck the first time. Thankfully it fit perfect on my brother in laws Imagine, and I ordered the correct one the next day..

Roflcopterrr
07-14-2007, 10:28 AM
How do I compress the spring? Do I have to open the bolt up? Sorry :confused:

Hankey723
08-30-2007, 06:23 AM
Yes this could happen u can blow dry it and its should stay for a while or a long time