PDA

View Full Version : how does the primal compare to other highends

chnk
07-12-2007, 04:54 PM
i was thinking about getting the raven primal and i was woundering

how does the raven primal compare to other highends?, i have never used a high end gun so i wouldnt know,

Critical
07-12-2007, 06:05 PM
It doesn't, really. The primal was Kingmans attempt at an electro-pnuematic marker. It was very short lived because, while Kingman has a near lock on the entry-level starter market, the high end manufacturers have them beat hands down in every measurable way.

Drefish99
07-12-2007, 06:18 PM
What they got Kingman beat is hype. It was short lived because the release was the same or close to the same as the release of the ION. That didn't help along with some of the wrong choices by Kingman to keeping the offset holes, drop, nonstandard inline reg.

I am sure if Kingman were to hit the pneumatic market again they will have learned from their past.

chnk
07-12-2007, 06:54 PM
What they got Kingman beat is hype. It was short lived because the release was the same or close to the same as the release of the ION. That didn't help along with some of the wrong choices by Kingman to keeping the offset holes, drop, nonstandard inline reg.

I am sure if Kingman were to hit the pneumatic market again they will have learned from their past.

what about performance? because raven primals are only $179 new now, i was wondering if it was worth the buy,

Oscum Guy
08-12-2007, 07:30 AM
i heard that they are extremely inneficient, and they arent ep they are fasors, it also voids the warranty if you adjust the lpr.

where are they $1.79 new?

vikingshadow
08-12-2007, 09:32 AM
A FASOR is an EP gun. They're considered Electro pneumatic because they use an electronic board (the "E" or "Electro" part of it) to control and move air through a solenoid that moves the bolt forward (the "P" or the "Pneumatic" part of it). Electronic Pneumatics.

I think that as a first attempt, they did ok. Unfortunately, due the hatred a LOT of people on certain forums have towards what they would consider "low end" guns, namely Spyders with is totally unfounded and idiotic, the Primal never even got a chance to shine. Along with what Dre said. I also believe that had it been given a chance, they would have made changes for the better on this gun.

I never really heard that they were inefficient, nor anything about voiding a warranty to adjust an LPR.

SupaSnipa
08-12-2007, 01:13 PM
i heard that they are extremely inneficient, and they arent ep they are fasors, it also voids the warranty if you adjust the lpr.

where are they $1.79 new?

ebay

oldironmudder
08-12-2007, 02:43 PM
After looking at my EM1 & the Primal on Otter's site they inproved but not enough. Like Dre said about the reg & bottomline their keeping with their signture 'Spyder' patterns.

Im pretty sure that the kingman folks have learned but not sure if they are willing to spend the money to build a better marker off the bat that accepts more aftermarket support.

If they were to produce another EP marker, inproving upon their current EPs I would get one.

Nenkitsune
08-17-2007, 05:41 PM
I've never heard of the em-1 being inefficient, and my personal em1 gets over 1200 shots off a 71/3000. it's bone stock besides a modified tboard and an ergo regulator.