PDA

View Full Version : Barrels

pballer13
07-12-2007, 02:43 PM
I got my MR1 a couple months ago and i want to get a new barrel, but dont know what to look for....help me!:confused:

Critical
07-12-2007, 04:19 PM
What the #1 thing you need to look for is paint-to-bore match. Do you use one particular brand and type of paint? If so, get a one piece barrel that is slightly larger than the diameter of the paint. Use whatever paint/field paint? Look to spend a little more and get a kit that lets you change the bore of the barrel. Don't listen to people who say that "this barrel rockz!!!" It might be perfect for their paint-to-barrel match, but will cause you to have a blender. Yes, there are some barrels that are better than others, but what you want to do is decide on 3-4 different barrels, then ask again to make sure that no one has had any serious defects or problems with one of them.

Taillo
07-13-2007, 11:41 AM
Here's a quick reviews of the ones ive used.

J&J 20" ceramic: Has the same flat black as the mr1, it is supposed to clean itself when a chop occurs, by shooting trough the broken paint. But i never chopped my mr1 yet. Accuracy was impressively improved with it. You will have same performances with shorter than 20" J&J barells. Paid it 40$ used.

14" Trinity for mr: Has the same flat black as the mr1, it is really light, but accuracy is just slightly increased. paid it 30$

RAP4 16" Riffled barrel: This cost me 150$ and came with a phantom handguard, its accuracy surpases the two barrels reviewed above. In 30 feet, it groups paintballs in 3 inches. It is gloss black. Bad thing, it is really tight bored, so it may chop cheap large paintball, but as i said, i never chopped a ball in my mr. I always use 100 cheap ball plus 600 - 800 competition balls in a day of paintball and the cheap ball never chopped either..

Hope this helps